Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Starfleet Veteran
# 121
08-23-2013, 04:39 PM
I wanted to vote the Vidiians, and in my heart I did.

Actually I may have regretted my choice, if it not for the Think Tank Episode.

But because I want to ally with them, and I like them [yet , and I do apologise, I cannot articulate why].

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Ensign
# 122
08-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Why there is no "No race of DQ" option?
Neither I want the delta quadrant to be reachable, nor I want an other specie of that quadrant.
Not at all playable!
The only option of a DQ specie to be playable seems to be the Hirogen, because they are already implemented.

The only thing I want of Voyager are things like mission design, optical design or some noticeable reference to the adventures of the Voyager. Maybe some new technology the Voyager spotted in the DQ and now after research its available for usage.
Career Officer
# 123
08-23-2013, 04:44 PM
"the Undine and the Borg both have technologies and starships that would add some unique variety to STO?s gameplay. You can already get your hands on an Undine ship holo-emitter, but could you imagine commanding a Borg cube? That is some serious firepower. This is the type of topic that consumes many development planning hours and countless boxes of donuts."

A lot of this just seemed to boil down to, 'what can we get in the next lockbox'. Is that what the game is focussed around now?

Other than that, seemed like an interesting discussion, and really looking forward to seeing this Dyson Sphere.
Rihannsu
# 124
08-23-2013, 04:47 PM
Since there isnt a "none of the above" I cannot vote.

How about finishing the rest of the Alpha Quadrant before we go to the Delta Quadrant?
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Rihannsu
# 125
08-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Having access to the DeltaQ sounds like I could be fun and open up much original content that's not tied up by legal/licensing issues which would be a nice change of pace (considering all the stuff we'd like to see in game but won't/can't because of said issues).

dStahl you mentioned needing to find a way to have us be able to access the DeltaQ that makes sense, why couldn't the Fed/KDF/Roms build a Graviton Catapult ( http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Graviton_catapult ) to slingshot us there and back?

Voyager used one itself ( http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/The_...racy_(episode) ) and brought back the scans on it, Seven of Nine even stated that they could be used to bring ships from the AlphaQ to the DeltaQ.

Seems logical to me, fits cannon and is most definitely Voyager content.

"STO - To boldly frakk up what wasn't frakked before...."
Ensign
# 126 What about Transwarp gates?
08-23-2013, 04:52 PM
STO is set in the future of Star Trek, and we already use transwarp to get around quickly. Be it to/from Gamma Oreonis (I don't care if I'm spelling that wrong or not.) or the fleet's gate, or even the fact that any ship can transwarp back to certain locations from any location.

Why can't our playable factions have sent ahead scouting convoys? And now they've finally reached the Delta quadrant and have set up their own outposts; transwarp gate included.
Rihannsu
# 127
08-23-2013, 04:55 PM
I'd be surprised if no one said this already (haven't read all the posts). how are the Vaadwaur not part of this poll?

old race that like to conquer, subspace passages that allow them to travel vast distances etc etc.

for the record I think there too many races that need to be fleshed out before adding more. e.g. The Gorn
Career Officer
# 128
08-23-2013, 04:56 PM
I voted for the Devore Imperium. I think such an intolerant culture like that would present a great opportunity for gameplay. Especially if they had something we needed and we needed TO SUBMIT TO INSPECTIONS! ^^ Missions where we could help smuggle telepaths past patrols before they degrade in the transport buffer. ^^

Having said that, Dan's points on Voyager species potential are quite valid. I for sure would like to know more about the Kazon and their original enslavers the Trabe. It would also be interesting to find out how that race from the generational ship developed after the forced separation.

I find it difficult to understand why people are voting so strongly for the Krenim though. Especially considering that Annorax clearly made the choice to put work second to his family after the timeline was finally restored. There simply wouldn't be a timeship to encounter. They'd simply be another species to encounter. Certainly, potential for stories, but if people are after a timeline story, I just don't see how Year of Hell's conclusion can be overturned.

Either way, its tantalizing to hear such talk about Voyager-centric content, given the focus these past few years on TNG and DS9. Yes, everyone has their favorite, and by all means we should cylce through series to sample the amazing variety of story potential, but hopefully it's Voyager's time now.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Ensign
# 129 Improve voyager ship
08-23-2013, 05:01 PM
I live the voyager ship design but with the addition of the vesta class, it made the voyager ship basically obsolete and pointless as vesta so overpowers voyager ship. I would like the developers to make the classic ships (enterprise, voyager, defiant) as strong as possible or match the strong ships (vesta andorian etc) in the game so you can fly those ships at end game. I miss my intrepid. End game requires he newer ships
Ensign
# 130
08-23-2013, 05:04 PM
To go to Delta Quadrant, there are many possibilities :
- Lost ship like Voyager and Equinox pulled there by aliens would be silly and unpractical
- Barzan vortex : someone found a way to get it stable
- Warp improvements : great but in "real" time, this would mean the voyage should take weeks rather than months, not pratical to adapt in game time (unless you want to spend 3 hours to get your ship there), specially as they don't want to go ahead 2409
- Gateways : My favourite as it would be better way to give challenge (defence strategy, diplomatic base...)

In all the cases, going back to Alpha/Beta or to Delta Quadrant should not be made easy as making a simple transwarp (going back first to the main gateway, or spending 5k dili for examples)

What are we doing there :
- Follow clues of iconian manifestations as it is the overall shadowing villain of the game story. We could for example find an iconian spatial gateway in the Mol'rihan system (like the one in the Brea system). As this is a "neutral" zone for all factions, it would enable passage to Starfleet, Empire or the Republic. So even if fragments of war between Fed and KDF still exist in Beta Quadrant, DQ would be a neutral zone. As such, the 3 factions could build up a common starbase where intrigues could take place
- Diplomatic relations (see below) including protecting allies from bigger empires trying to control this area
- Exploration

Proposition of episodes (unlocked after "Secrets of the Ancients") :
1. Spatial gateway found in Mol'Rihan system and your ship is selected to discover the destination area, which is a sector that was part of the Borg Collective sphere of influence, but cultures of the area fear bigger empires that rose up a few years after the falldown of Borg in the last two decades (as the area is not a controlled zone, Alpha Quadrant government could expand)
2. Establishing a base under the terms of DQ Armistice agreements between Fed, Klingon Empire and Romulan Republic (base under construction map, multiple cargo ships arriving)
3. The new base (nearly finished map) catch the attention of nearby empires that dominates this sector (first attack, other attacks in a multi-faction PVE)
4. Intrigues in the base between the 3 factions : each with a different point of view find out that the other side tries to take control (in fact an infiltrated Tal Shiar agent's plot to sow discord)
Then, the base would be a special zone like DS9 where the player will be granted exploration and diplomatic missions (KDF will rather call this "reconnaissance" for future conquests )

Proposition of Delta Quadrant reputation :
a DQ reputation could be introduced and could give "Alliance points" in order to introduce some kind of optional personal choice for the player.
DQ rep T1 = 15 alliance points / T2 = 30 / T3 = 60 / T4 = 90 / T5 = 120
There would be multiple nearby cultures (5 to 10 cultures new or canon species) selected as possible allies (different cultures for Fed or KDF).
Each could provide different behaviour and services depending on the actual alliance points invested in their culture :
- at 100 {%}, they would share their biggest secrets and technologies with their trusted ally
- at 0 %, they won't speak to the player
- at -10 {%} or below, they will insult the player,
- at 10/30/50/75 {%}, they would sell common/non-common/rare/very rare items, etc...
But being friend with a culture would imply negative impact with one or two others cultures.
Faction status would also have preferred cultures, defensive for Fed, attacking for KDF :

Culture A (pacific, defensive) : +10 Fed / -10 KDF
Culture B : +5 Fed / -5 KDF
Culture C :
Culture D : -5Fed / +5 KDF
Culture E (aggressive, attacking) : -10 Fed / +10 KDF

Choosing appropriately the location of the area and the proximity with canon empires, could then afford multiple possibilities of enemies :
- Kazon Collective, Krowtonan Guard, Haakonian Order, Vidiian Sodality, Swarm,
- B'omar Sovereignty, Krenim Imperium, Alsuran Empire
- Malon Cooperative, Turei, Vadwaur, Devore Imperium,
- Hierarchy, R'Kaal Collective

Hirogen, Borg and Undine can also be featured in these areas.

My favourite area would be somewhere in the middle of the Malon Cooperative, Turei, Vadwaur, Devore Imperium (Hierarchy and Krenim are also not far)
Closed Thread