Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Rihannsu
# 31
08-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Honestly, I didn't watch much Voyager (some day I will, I suppose), so I don't know about any of those races in the poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl
...it wouldn?t make much sense to have thousands upon thousands of starships suddenly showing up on the other side of the galaxy and all of them stuck trying to get home. That might feel a bit strange in a multiplayer game.
Oh, you mean like have thousands upon thousands of Admirals and Generals flying starships day-to-day, beaming down with their away teams, regularly engaging in direct combat with the enemy, taking water samples, chasing space bunnies, and fixing broken machines?

Nothing strange going on there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
Quote:
You can already get your hands on an Undine ship holo-emitter, but could you imagine commanding a Borg cube?
No thank you. Plenty of other races that can go into a lockbox... Hirogen, Deferi, Voth, Breen and so on
Agreed. I know the day is coming that they'll release Borg Cubes to Players, they've been talking about it practically since Day 1, but I dread that day. It's bad enough we plow through the Borg like so many wisps of nothing anymore, they just aren't that cool anymore, certainly not scary, nor a threat... More's the pitty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
This is very exciting and I hope it leads into more Undine/Borg content too.
I, too, would like to see more with the Undine content... See the existing content finally expanded/finished.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.
Career Officer
# 32
08-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I had to look them all up on Memory Alpha. Needless to say, I didn't vote VOY.

Kazon...lol meh.
Vidiian...yawn meh.
Krenim...hey, that's Red Forman.
Malon...major meh.
Hierarchy...dull meh.
Devore...huh meh.

So yeah, no idea who/what the Krenim are...but I can think of dozens of Red Forman quotes to share for everybody that voted VOY...so I'm going with the Krenim.
The Krenim Empire is going to put there foots into your asses

Krenim FTW

and to think Red Forman was also a Federation President and Thrax

Vereniging van Vloten: De Verdedigers, Gathering of Tweakers & Ariesfleet en Heroes of Qo'nos
Dont Mess with the Dutch Assassin
Steam user for life Say No to ARC

Last edited by salacnar070890; 08-23-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
08-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah well, this sounds just like nothing new but more ships, more species, more new aliens and ships in new costumes...how well dit that work with season 7, adding a complete new playable species? It doesn`t work for me, or my fleet...

If we come into delta quadrant without having a real exploration game mechanic it will be obvious, that it will come never.

Also: the BORG as playable race? Yeah, this means STO shuts down one year after this "expansion".

So sorry, but this dev post is worst case - and this from dstahl itself - holy upkeeper of exploration hopes.

I would like to see:

- a real exploration game mechanic, in an persistent delta quadrant, which resets every 3 month, so the race restarts.

- a territory control game, which could open the way to the delta quadrant for the faction controling the wormwhole atm. (this could be integrated in suggestion 1)

- neverwinter ground combat mechanics in STO, which means making the game accessable in "combat mode". Clear out 2/3 of ground abilities.

- make skill count - increase difficulty so you really need your ship or your knowledge of how your abilities work. All(!) content atm is just firepower, firepower, firepower. Some call it Pew,pew. An other way to do this would be to improve loot in higher difficulties. Why should anyone play in higher difficulties, as it gets you nothing, but costs more time (more enemys spawn) and ingame currency to heal your injuries...

- pvp. I don`t know, why you always screw up on pvp. You are doing it right now also in neverwinter. Classes are unbalanced, and there is still one pvp mode and two mapes?!? For months?!? Are you going to wait until every one is bored, abandons pvp play and then you state, it doesn`t pay off to improve pvp because no one plays it? Is it that hard to make a pvp map every six weeks or so?!?

We don`t need more costumes. We need new game mechanics and related content.

Last edited by elcapitannx01; 08-23-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Captain
# 34
08-23-2013, 02:50 PM
I voted Hierarchy. In addition to their awesome ship designs (Assault-class and the survey vessel, which could work as enemy cruisers and frigates respectively) they also seemed to be a relatively powerful, yet mysterious, faction. The Devore and the Vidiians are my runner-ups.
Captain
# 35
08-23-2013, 02:50 PM
I voted Vidiians. At least they are somewhat different in their goals and intentions from every other voyager species. The others are just moustache twirling villains and measly 'empires' who only strive for 'unlimited powah!' ... *yawn* ... yeah we have never seen those before
Republic Veteran
# 36
08-23-2013, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutusx5 View Post
my take on how to incorporate the delta quad would be

A group of starfleet vessels equipped with slip stream make the long journey to the asteroid field where nelix lives. Once the ships are there then they start building a transwarp gate which connects to the one in the alpha quadrant. From there more constructions ships make there way through the gate and assemble a star base and ally them selves with the talaxians and nelix as the ambassador.

Then your free to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before
you have a better way of explaining how you got there. it's called an iconian gateway.
Empire Veteran
# 37
08-23-2013, 02:54 PM
Just a note ... Getting there isn't as long as people might think ... longer than currently ... yes ... but we have (1) transwarp drive which puts it just a week or so out ... look at the books.

and (2) ... The Borg can already get back and forth.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Captain
# 38
I voted Viidians. Yes the Phage has been cured, but the trama of generation of Viidians murdering people for thier organs as well as slavery and piracy has to leave massive scars on the Viidian mindset. Some might go back to a more idealistic lifestyle, but others have know little or nothing but murder, thief, enslavement, and medical cannibalism.

This could lead to interesting plotlines as Viidian society tries to rebuild and handle so many damage people. The time that has passed since Voyager is too little time to fix something so massively broken.
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
*snaps fingers* Stahl, snap out of it! *claps hands* Snap out of it mr.Stahl, before it's too late. A Borg or Undine faction is a really bad idea the way you're introducing factions in STO. It makes absolutely zero sense to shoehorn the Borg or Undine into a Fed or KDF alliance. Please forget about this, it will make STO the laughing stock of the entire Star Trek community.

Even if you're discussing making one of those a full fledged faction, which would shock me BTW, don't do the Borg, because to do them justice you'll have to make all of their ships uber OP. Then you'll have the other 3 factions whining for the whole eternity. And if you make Borg and scale down the power output of their ships, you will turn one of the most frightening and menacing species in Star Trek into a complete joke. I can already see a player with a JHAS owning another one in a Tactical Cube. Please don't do this, it will make more damage than good to STO.

Also, does Voyager winning the poll mean that we'll finally be getting a pack of Voyager interiors with the proper bridge and facilities in the C-Store?
Republic Veteran
# 40
08-23-2013, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Regrettably, the staff could not see past the rampant Seven of Nine fanboyism of the last poll.
More sour grapes please. The poll was to vote for which series aliens you wanted to see more of, Seven of Nine never entered into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Back to topic:
Vidiians is a BAD idea. They were "hand-waved" out of the Voyager plot by having the think tank cure the phage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantsmaster916 View Post
I completely disagree.

As you say, they were "hand-waved out" which is another way of saying "lazily removed by the writers" ... and it was done without apparent reason. Furthermore, without any supporting evidence. The Think Tank could've been lying.

Or, even more devious, they could have given the Vidiians a cure that only works temporarily, and more would only be supplied on the condition that the Vidiians become a sort of vassal state to their needs. A protection racket, one might say... Sort of a, "Continue to pay us or otherwise fulfill our needs, and we'll keep your species cured. Fail, and you lose."

The Think Tank was not an altruistic group of thinkers. They were only interested if they got something out of the deal. And when they were crippled by Voyager, it's entirely possible that the 'cure' stopped working.
I'm not seeing how the disposition of the phage has anything to do with the viability of the Viidians as a alien for STO. Voyager was moving through regions of space, it only made sense they would pass Viidian space, like they passed Kazon and Borg space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walshicus View Post
I'm still deeply disappointed that the community voted for Voyager. Not only was it the worst Trek, it's also bad television. I know some people have been able to reconcile their opinion of the show by accepting that Janeway was the villain rather than the hero... but I follow the viewpoint of many of the cast in thinking it was unwatchable tripe.

Less Voyager the better.
Do to the nature of Voyager moving through vast areas of space, that series has the most possible alien cultures with minimal contact that can be expanded on. I don't see what any of that has to do with the supposed quality of Voyager as a television series.
Closed Thread