Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Captain
# 451
08-26-2013, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaoth View Post
I didn't read all 45 pages before posting this, so please forgive me if this has been said already.

Star Trek Voyager, Season 5, Episode 20. I bring this up because you directly mentioned the Vidiians twice, and even have a picture of them in the blog.

In the episode I mentioned, Think Tank by title, the "Captain" of the Think Tank, Kurros, mentions the Vidiians. He notes the payment they received when they helped cure the Phage. Please keep that in mind if you plan to add the Vidiians to the game.
Except that the Think Tank were shown to be untrustworthy and manipulative; so why would you believe their claim?
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Ensign
# 452
08-26-2013, 10:59 AM
To me, the krenim would be too much the "god-like"/unbeatable race. I would prefer to see something more liek the Kazon or....hey....the Talaxians would be kewl!
Career Officer
# 453
08-26-2013, 11:03 AM
Kazon . They were incredibly stupid. But that's why I picked them. I would love to blow up hundreds of their ships and mow down countless minions.
"Once more unto the breech..."

Rogue Shipyard Blog
Survivor of Romulus
# 454
08-26-2013, 11:06 AM
In order from most to least favorite:

1. The Krenim
2. The Devore
3. The Vidiian
4. The Malon
5. The Hierarchy
6. The Kazon

I still want bare feet.... on ALL costumes.
Ensign
# 455
08-26-2013, 11:10 AM
actually with Seska's help they did manage to take over Voyager and maroon the crew on a planet, then Tom Paris happened and they lost it lol

this was meant as a reply to another person's comment im a noob at the forums XD

Last edited by blazefuryaz776; 08-26-2013 at 11:12 AM. Reason: mistake
Lieutenant
# 456
08-26-2013, 11:13 AM
The Krenim are still my favourite antagonists from any point in Voyager's entire run. From the foreshadowing episode with Kes hopping back in time to the final showdown in Year of Hell part 2...

If only the studio had not vetoed the creators' original plan of having that story impact an entire season of Voyager with the ship limping through space with half its decks gutted for an entire year.

Given the awesomeness that was the anniversary story with Tasha and the alternate timeline of Tholian rule in the Beta quadrant... I'd like to see what'd happen if someone found the unfinished design Annorax left for the timeship he "never built", and used it.
Imagine an entire STO season of the Krenim Imperium at the Romulans' gates...
Career Officer
# 457
08-26-2013, 11:17 AM
Vidian could be interesting from a post phage perspective. Imagine them trying to rebuild their civilisation and trying to reestablish a good reputation amongst their naighbours.

While this is going on a coalition of other local races who... no longer being afraid of having their organs harvested by a desperate species, have begun a sustained campaign of military vengeance.

I'd also like to know if the coalition of species encountered by Voyager within the Void, managed to lay the groundwork for a Delta Quadrant Federation
Career Officer
# 458 Voyager content
08-26-2013, 11:38 AM
It appears that the Krenim Imerpium is winning this poll. I think this is a mistake. We have enough temporal ships and missions in STO currently. The 3 year anniversary event involving the Enterprise C and changes to the timeline resulting in obtaining a ship from the past is more than enough temporal content for the time being. That episode is lengthy anyway. The temporal stuff has been done AT LENGTH...even Star Trek XI (the first JJ Abrams reboot) was all about temporal stuff, changing the timeline....enough with the timeline stuff for right now.

However the Vidiians...now there's a truly disturbing race that wasn't brought to their full potential. Think about this....a zombie like race, with a terminal disease eating them alive known as the Phage, that has developed the technology to simultaneously stun you (or kill you) and remove your organs by phaser. If you don't watch your back, you may just lose your spine, or lungs, or all of your internal organs. Look at what happened to Neelix in ST Voyager Season 1 Episode 5....incredibly disturbing, creepy, and a great storyline and weapons can be developed for STO.

Last edited by qrtrmstr; 08-26-2013 at 11:41 AM. Reason: Misspell
Ensign
I was thinking it over and I thought Vidiian weapons would be a cool addition to ground combat.

As it stands, injureies happen to you when you die and respawn, but suppose if you had a gun that beamed organs out of a player and had a chance to cause an injury with each attack or on a critical. That would be a cool mechanic for the enemies at least, and interesting for PVP.

Also, suppose the Vidiian technology included things like injury swapping guns that let you dump your injury on someone else? This might be more interesting than simply draining HP.

A gun like this might well complement a Vidiian race that reandomly acquires injuries during play (a Phage trait). Every few minutes you might develop a new injury you could then transpose to an enemy with a Vidiian gun.
Career Officer
# 460
08-26-2013, 11:45 AM
With the vidiians being cured, I think they would make an interesting delta quadrant ally.
Vice Admiral Aznia Deet, Federation Ambassador, U.S.S. Federalist
Closed Thread