Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Ensign
# 521
08-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Have to agree with those suggesting the Vaadwaur, they were very under-utilised in Dragon's Teeth and you have a perfect 'in-story' to get to the Delta Quadrant with their sub space corridors, which technically means you could bring back any type of species from the Delta Quadrant, as whilst travelling through the corridor in the Delta Quadrant, you could be expelled into different parts of it. I think that whilst I'd love to pound some (and see some!) Kazon Predator class vessels, not sure they would make the best villian in terms of cleverness/strength, although you do have the chance to reintroduce Seska's son (without the royalty issues right?). I'd hazard a guess that given the Vidiians were desperate, in better times they maybe aligned with the Federation. The Devore with the right plotlines would probably make the most interesting villian, although if we had our own mini in game Year of Hell via the Krenim I wouldn't complain. Whilst you either love or hate Voyager, at least IMO it has some decent villian species of the week :-)
Ensign
# 522
08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Honestly, not feeling excited about our options for races, really kind of underwhelming...more specifically, yet another race with the temporal plot device.

But I guess we make due with what is given to us because of what was provided in the show.
Ensign
# 523
08-27-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stopc83 View Post
Have to agree with those suggesting the Vaadwaur, they were very under-utilised in Dragon's Teeth and you have a perfect 'in-story' to get to the Delta Quadrant with their sub space corridors, which technically means you could bring back any type of species from the Delta Quadrant, as whilst travelling through the corridor in the Delta Quadrant, you could be expelled into different parts of it. I think that whilst I'd love to pound some (and see some!) Kazon Predator class vessels, not sure they would make the best villian in terms of cleverness/strength, although you do have the chance to reintroduce Seska's son (without the royalty issues right?). I'd hazard a guess that given the Vidiians were desperate, in better times they maybe aligned with the Federation. The Devore with the right plotlines would probably make the most interesting villian, although if we had our own mini in game Year of Hell via the Krenim I wouldn't complain. Whilst you either love or hate Voyager, at least IMO it has some decent villian species of the week :-)
Yeah, how did the Vaadwaur and the Under-corridors not end up as an option?
Republic Veteran
# 524
08-27-2013, 10:41 AM
I want The Vidiian, Cryptic could have done a new Halloween episode where a crazy Vidiian kills one of my crew, and wear theirs face, then tells me I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti.

Okay maybe not the eating part

Career Officer
# 525
08-27-2013, 10:49 AM
Of the choices presented, the Krenim is the most interesting.

As to the fact that Dan is talking about players being able to fly a Borg Cube ...

That might be the stupidest idea I have ever heard for this game.

NO.
Just No.
For many reasons.

Far too many other cool ways to take this game. Too many other races to explore and play with. Please Please Please don't make flyable Borg Ships, with the exception of maybe using one in a mission where it fits the story. Flyable Borg ships would lead to warping in to an Earth Spacedock surrounded by Borg Ships. or a Borg Squad above the First City. The image is just ridiculous.

This one time they made Fonzie jump his motorcycle over some sharks ...

Peace, Love and Late Summer Heatwaves
- John
Captain
# 526
08-27-2013, 12:22 PM
If I had my way:

The Kobali.

I know you could make them as aliens. But I like the story possibilities of that species expanding into the Alpha quadrant.
# 527
08-27-2013, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
As to the fact that Dan is talking about players being able to fly a Borg Cube ...

That might be the stupidest idea I have ever heard for this game.

NO.
Just No.
For many reasons.

Far too many other cool ways to take this game. Too many other races to explore and play with. Please Please Please don't make flyable Borg Ships, with the exception of maybe using one in a mission where it fits the story. Flyable Borg ships would lead to warping in to an Earth Spacedock surrounded by Borg Ships. or a Borg Squad above the First City. The image is just ridiculous.

This one time they made Fonzie jump his motorcycle over some sharks ...

Peace, Love and Late Summer Heatwaves
- John
My sentiments exactly. I really and sincerelly hope that they come to their senses and throw this ridiculous idea in the trash can. This has the potential to make a complete joke out of STO and not in a funny way.

There are so much options for directions, species, stories, conflicts, etc. in STO. There is so much potential in the Trek universe to make a fun and engaging game rather than doing this.
Please devs, don't trash STO in such a cheap way!

----------------------------------------------
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Lieutenant
# 528
08-27-2013, 01:34 PM
If people were ever allowed to fly borg ships, we should not grant access to esd/qonos, I suggest making a unimatrix for them, would fit perfectly.

Anyways this would be the PERFECT time to add the Warship Voyager to the C-Store
Ensign
# 529
08-27-2013, 02:18 PM
I also opt out for giving players access to flying Borg ships. I mean: a Cube is run by - I don't know - 4000(?) Borg linked via a collective. How could a player and his crew ever get to fly these monsters of a ship?

To the Delta Quadrant plot:
The player could somehow get transported to the delta quadrant, and - once there - just get to use the knowledge of 2409. There must be any information about the transwarp gates in the ships computer. So the whole plot of episodes could be about finding allies, a location and the resources to build a gate leading to the one at home.
There's even room for completely different ways of completing this throughout the existing factions: feds use diplomacy and exploration, klingons pure force and firepower, romulans more subterfuge and intrigue.

I really don't see problems of a story driven plot. For me it always felt like being the one captain to be involved in those heroic missions, just like the Enterprise and its crew. Me and my crew are the heroes, not 10.000 captains swarming around.

After establishing a fixed connection, whatever it looks like, the whole
Quote:
thousands upon thousands of starships suddenly showing up on the other side of the galaxy
thing shouldn't be a problem anymore and then there could be a more "adventure-zone"-like approach to it.
Career Officer
# 530
08-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Malon for the win!! lol

Sorry, I got excited at seeing more votes for it. Come on guys, what's cooler than toxic waste ships that have cool counter-measures?! NOTHING! nothing!!!

Well if the Malon don't win the vote, I'm going to use my freighter as a Malon ship, and add every special console onto it!! hah!! take that!

P.S. Hey if you want to use playable Borg ships you can play Star Trek Legacy. We still have a huge mod community for it!
Closed Thread