Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

View Poll Results: Which of these societies from ST: Voyager would you most like to encounter in STO?
The Kazon 329 15.89%
The Vidiian 348 16.81%
The Krenim 925 44.69%
The Malon 70 3.38%
The Hierarchy 211 10.19%
The Devore 187 9.03%
Voters: 2070. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 651
09-03-2013, 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xiaoping88 View Post
Feds and Klinks and Roms are going there and start a "Great Game" with conquest, diplomacy, manipulation, intimidation etc., just to gain a local foothold.
Ah, but remember their is a faction of Klingons in the DQ already, remember Episode 7 of the last season? Where and how far has the Klingons gone or conquered or have they stayed on the planet that Janeway left them on? They were a spiritual group, not a traditional Klingon faction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorantomalak View Post
I like your idea but why not have the klingons empire going to DQ to conquer and the federation going there to stop them..in short taking the AQ war to the DQ and forgot to get ice cream lol

But that would better serve treks overall theme of klinks bad feds good yadda yadda yadda ferengis own everything in primeverse and pakleds rule the JJverse
If Cryptic could balance it somehow in the same-way to provide a REAL experience in the DQ, by perhaps sending a few ships that are large to start a colony of some sorts with cargo ships with them to establish a planet or a moon or something like that to get a foot hold inside the DQ.

Some have stated that having to create and be stuck in the DQ as a started character, but it would for and to an extent extend the game overall and a new direction if Cryptic can expand the Universe and keeping up with that within the DQ, we all know that Cryptic has a problem with keeping up with that.
Captain
# 652
09-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfpfyasko1 View Post
Ah, but remember their is a faction of Klingons in the DQ already, remember Episode 7 of the last season? Where and how far has the Klingons gone or conquered or have they stayed on the planet that Janeway left them on? They were a spiritual group, not a traditional Klingon faction.
So, why "but"? A few Klinks already there make hardly any difference regarding my proposial. But they would make a nice Klingon story mission or two.
Lt. Commander
# 653
09-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
So, why "but"? A few Klinks already there make hardly any difference regarding my proposial. But they would make a nice Klingon story mission or two.
True, but we also dont know what changes have come as a result of Voyagers per se intervention into that entire region as they did and did not get into conflicts directly but their presents did have an impact and what does the powers within the DQ look like?
Captain
# 654
09-03-2013, 02:36 PM
Quote:
True, but we also dont know what changes have come as a result of Voyagers per se intervention into that entire region as they did and did not get into conflicts directly but their presents did have an impact and what does the powers within the DQ look like?
That would be up to Cryptic to develop.
I would like it to expand my faction into a new realm with its own political, social and military dynamics.

Last edited by xiaoping88; 09-04-2013 at 02:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 655
09-03-2013, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Exploring requires you to visit the unknown.... but after you visit, it's now charted space and you have to find a new unknown or do something else.
yeah and Cryptic built some severely limited mechanics into the game that NEVER allowed exploration.
In Freelancer, for example, you get to travel as far as the eye could see - in STO you can barely travel fifty thousand kilometers.
In Freelancer you can turn your ship in any manner, on ANY axis, in STO you have to spiral your way up or down like an orange peeler - and its as if you hit a glass ceiling. Its ridiculous.
Lt. Commander
# 656
09-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Quote:
That would be up the Cryptic to develop.
I would like it to expand my faction into a new realm with its own political, social and military dynamics.
Oh, i agree it would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post
yeah and Cryptic built some severely limited mechanics into the game that NEVER allowed exploration.
In Freelancer, for example, you get to travel as far as the eye could see - in STO you can barely travel fifty thousand kilometers.
In Freelancer you can turn your ship in any manner, on ANY axis, in STO you have to spiral your way up or down like an orange peeler - and its as if you hit a glass ceiling. Its ridiculous.
You are spot on, they would have to do a major overhaul i would think if they even wanted to attempt to create something that was more fluid, as currently it is restrictive. They have been promising taking down the borders forever and have done nothing. I loved Freelancer.
Captain
# 657
09-03-2013, 06:04 PM
by the looks of it the boring Krenim have won but it seems a little fixed tbh with over double what the Vidiian have lol , as for the voth or what ever they are called and their new ship I would rather have the typhoon class with a little updated look to it but that's just me lol . but if it is free who am I to complain
Captain
# 658
09-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by usscapital View Post
by the looks of it the boring Krenim have won but it seems a little fixed tbh with over double what the Vidiian have lol , as for the voth or what ever they are called and their new ship I would rather have the typhoon class with a little updated look to it but that's just me lol . but if it is free who am I to complain
I also note that the Krenim have actually lost ground since I last checked. Last I saw they were at 45%, now they're down to 44%. Also they never had an actual majority: more than half of those polled want anybody else.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 659
09-03-2013, 06:34 PM
Quote:
You are spot on, they would have to do a major overhaul i would think if they even wanted to attempt to create something that was more fluid, as currently it is restrictive. They have been promising taking down the borders forever and have done nothing. I loved Freelancer.
Its still around! Discovery Mod is still alive and kicking. And this year it was voted Best Free Mod again!
Career Officer
# 660
09-03-2013, 07:30 PM
*sniff* *sniff*

So...true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apocalypse2001 View Post

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
Subscribe to STO--1546+ days
LTS Since December 2011
Closed Thread