Captain
I'm working on my first try at a mission and I figured I'd corral all my questions in one place.

First question. I've got an objective where you have to rescue a freighter from some fighters, and I'd like the freighter to warp out after thanking you. Right now I'm trying two copies of the freighter on top of each other, with one supposed to become invisible and the other visible after the dialog prompt, and the second one's advanced behavior set to "Warp Out -- Gorn" (has a Gorn crew).

Is that how it's done or should I do something else?
Captain
# 2
08-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Sounds right to me, I have done something similar where you chase an escaping vessel into warp and i got that to work

so i know it can be done, unfortunatly i forgot exactly how i did that

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 3
08-23-2013, 03:55 PM
^Maybe you could remember which mission it was and look it up, because it's not working in preview mode.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Assuming you use Dialog Prompt reached as the trigger. The State changes for the ships should look like this.

Still Ship:

Hidden -- Immediately --> Visible -- Dialog Prompt Reached --> Hidden

Warping Ship:

Hidden -- Dialog Prompt Reached --> Visible -- ???? --> Hidden

As long as the prompt both triggers are based on are the same it should work. However also be aware that warping out is an animation that loops. so at some point you will see the freighter warping out again. So you will need to use another trigger to make it hidden soon, but not too soon after.
Captain
# 5
08-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Okay i just ran a quick test and confirmed that this method i am abut to describe worked for me in the Preview Mode

This may sound slightly patronising, but i will go through step by step to be thorough

Firstly you will need 2 identical ship contacts on the exact same spot ( for the set up they will need to be placed apart so you can select them for the dialogue contact, but make sure they are overlapping when you've set everything up)

-First contact was used as a contact in a story board dialogue with contact, and in state transitions is set to become invisible when This Objective Complete

-Second contact must be set to become visible when Objective Complete and this objective should be the same dialogue on the story board the first contact was used in

-This second contact is set with the animation Warp Out Generic but any of the warp outs will work ( i think , but i tested it with genric so i know this works)
additional note here, i used contact , Not legacy contact, not sure if this makes any differance, but again this was used for test conditions so I have noted it down for you

The animation of the first ship shoudn't make any differance to the warp out, so do whatever here

- additionally, i think, but not sure, that the ship will come back again after warping out , so best to have the second contact become invisible after another objective soon after, such as a pop up dialogue saying that the ship has warped out, this will prevent the ship from returning unexpectedly, though a pop up dialogue will cover up the screen so there are pros and cons

Hopefully this will help you out , If you try this and it doesn't work, PM me on the forums and i will do my best to figure out why, I'm no Master of the Forge, but i do my best to lend a hand

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-23-2013, 05:11 PM
What adverbero describes is what i've used in my mission (collectiveness strikes gold), altough the problem i was facing was that the ship didn't directly dissappeared after the warp-out sequence. I used an asteroid to "mask" the ship behind it.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Captain
# 7
08-23-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazag View Post
Assuming you use Dialog Prompt reached as the trigger. The State changes for the ships should look like this.

Still Ship:

Hidden -- Immediately --> Visible -- Dialog Prompt Reached --> Hidden

Warping Ship:

Hidden -- Dialog Prompt Reached --> Visible -- ???? --> Hidden

As long as the prompt both triggers are based on are the same it should work. However also be aware that warping out is an animation that loops. so at some point you will see the freighter warping out again. So you will need to use another trigger to make it hidden soon, but not too soon after.
Ok, for some reason the "Select Dialog" button under "Dialog Prompt Reached" thinks "there are no available dialogs to choose from." And I found a decent place to turn off the second ship after it warps.
Captain
# 8
08-23-2013, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Ok, for some reason the "Select Dialog" button under "Dialog Prompt Reached" thinks "there are no available dialogs to choose from." And I found a decent place to turn off the second ship after it warps.
Dialog prompt triggers only work in relation to the blue bubble things you add directly to a map. The foundry doesn't recognize anything else as a dialog.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-23-2013, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Yeah, I made an assumption.

What type of dialogue is it, a default dialogue, a story based popup dialogue that occurs between objectives, or a Talk to NPC dialogue?
Captain
# 10
08-24-2013, 08:41 AM
At the moment, pop-up dialog.

EDIT: Ok, what I was using was a storyboard dialog, not a map-placed pop-up. I've been able to use Dialog Prompt Reached triggers with the latter since then.

Last edited by starswordc; 09-16-2013 at 07:49 AM. Reason: clarification after weeks of additional experience