Starfleet Veteran
# 31
09-12-2013, 08:15 PM
Memory Alpha is really useful for finding handy treknobable.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 32
09-12-2013, 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
Memory Alpha is really useful for finding handy treknobable.
Terminology isn't the issue, it's stringing it together in such a way that it seems appropriately silly instead of just stupid.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Rihannsu
# 33
09-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
Nice!

I'm really no good at technobabble, though I've had this idea kicking around in my head for a particle called an oscillon whose charge follows the Heisenberg principle: its charge is indeterminate until measured.
From a real world physics perspective that sounds horribly silly.... But it fits with what the writers have already done.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 34
09-16-2013, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Is there anyway to get dialogs from your BOFFs to have the BOFF's name in the title bar? (Doesn't seem so from the information I've looked up but I thought I'd ask.)
I tend to just leave it blank, but some like to put "Tactical Officer" or "Your Tactical Officer" in there.

@greendragoon
Captain
# 35
09-30-2013, 03:20 PM
Ok, post-publishing question, now that "Bait and Switch" has gone live. How many ratings and plays does it take for it to become available to non-reviewers?

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Career Officer
# 36
09-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Ok, post-publishing question, now that "Bait and Switch" has gone live. How many ratings and plays does it take for it to become available to non-reviewers?
5 reviews and it goes into the regular pool of missions

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 37
10-31-2013, 09:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
From a real world physics perspective that sounds horribly silly.... But it fits with what the writers have already done.
Hey, at least I'm making up my own physics instead of screwing up real physics.

I was wondering if anyone had tried building Tzenkethi with the alien builder and could point me to some advice or screenshots. I found a description on Memory Beta:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memory Beta
Tzenkethi skin tones cover the entire range of the visible spectrum, from pale green or brown, through blue, yellow and orange, to bright red and silver. Skin colours appear to correlate with an individual's function in society, with duller colours belonging to lower echelons and brighter colours to the upper echelons. Their skin is naturally bioluminescent. They have ovoid-shaped eyes, voices that sound like bells, and are described as being very tall and visually attractive to most other races, even non-humanoid ones.
Absent help, there was an alien costume I named "Boskellians" in part one that could be useful as a starting point.

EDIT: Ok, I found this on StarbaseUGC but it doesn't really look like the novelverse description.

Last edited by starswordc; 10-31-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 38
11-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Yeah I was going more for a combination of that description and what was on Memory Alpha, where the writer of "The Adversary" is quoted as saying he imagined them as "heavily armored lizard things."

I did mention some of the novelverse cultural aspects though Granted novelverse stuff is against the EULA, but its summarized and small enough to probably not worry anybody.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 39
11-03-2013, 01:29 AM
Well, luckily that description's vague enough to allow a lot of leeway. I did some fiddling with the alien generator and came up with a rubber-forehead alien I liked. Behold, Tivahr Desh Zen-C of the Third Armada.

And I did about the same as you with the cultural stuff. They're not really a central aspect of the mission so I got away with using an optional interaction with a Starfleet sci captain to give a very brief description. The conversation focuses more on their tactical abilities, which I put together out of whole cloth.

Last edited by starswordc; 11-03-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Rihannsu
# 40
11-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Well, luckily that description's vague enough to allow a lot of leeway. I did some fiddling with the alien generator and came up with a rubber-forehead alien I liked. Behold, Tivahr Desh Zen-C of the Third Armada.

And I did about the same as you with the cultural stuff. They're not really a central aspect of the mission so I got away with using an optional interaction with a Starfleet sci captain to give a very brief description. The conversation focuses more on their tactical abilities, which I put together out of whole cloth.
I like it. How many different colors do you plan to use?
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.