Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-23-2013, 07:01 PM
For me, I think it's a toss between the Jupiter series and the Odyssey uniform. If I remember correctly, the Jupiter series was supposed to be the canon uniform at one point. The Odyssey design just seems to fit as the logical successor to the Nemesis uniform.
Commander
# 12
08-23-2013, 07:34 PM
I'd say Odyssey.

Which is a pity, as I don't have it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Resurrect exploration in STO!
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
08-23-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by undedavenger View Post
I see a lot of the people wearing the First Contact-Nemesis uniform, but it's no more "canon" to the 25th century than the TOS or TNG uniforms. It's a retro uniform, and it breaks immersion as no NPC wears it.
Several NPCs in the shipyard on DS9 wear it.

As for my canon choice, Odyssey. It follows the same design lineage as previous canon uniforms; it also follows the design lineage of the academy uniforms, which suggests you graduate from one to the other.
Republic Veteran
# 14
08-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Quote:
Sigh.

Canon for the GAME. Meaning what fits in best.

Trolling with irrelevant pics is childish.
I'm sorry you thought I was trolling, and that the pics were "irrelevant." Your OP didn't specify "canon for the game," nor "what fits in best." I gave you a serious answer. I prefer TOS uniforms. To me, they will always be the epitome of Star Trek. If you ask a question, expect people to answer. If you want a specific sort of answer, ask a specific question.

Fvillhu s'Tal'Diann (Phi'Tlaru Rihan) Praetor of the Tal'Diann/Tal-Diann
Tal'Diann = KDF-allied Romulan Republic Fleet / Tal-Diann = Fed-allied Romulan Republic Fleet

Last edited by protogoth; 08-23-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by protogoth View Post
If you want a specific sort of answer, ask a specific question.
My new motto. Thank you.
Republic Veteran
# 16
08-24-2013, 08:05 AM
Quote:
I see a lot of the people wearing the First Contact-Nemesis uniform, but it's no more "canon" to the 25th century than the TOS or TNG uniforms. It's a retro uniform, and it breaks immersion as no NPC wears it.
Several NPCs wear it. Go to Ds9.

Its the one I use exclusively as it is the last show canon uniform we have seen chronologically. I like the other canon uniforms but they are just too much out of place as their era was over when ST was still running on television. The Game uniforms are a step backwards in design in my opinion, are of way too heavy construction relative to anything we have ever seen starfleet wear and some of them look more like wetsuits or stillsuits from Dune than a starfleet uniform.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
08-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
The NPCs on the Fleet Dilithium Mine wear them, too.

I have a feeling some dev responsible for populating the zones would give them to all NPCs if he had his way.

Otherwise as an official 25th century uniform it's propably the black one with red/blue/gold shoulder pads.

It should be one that is made of actual fabrik and not plastic, though.
Survivor of Romulus
# 18
08-24-2013, 08:30 AM
If I could change what the starship crew wears (not my boffs, but the dudes who are walking around hallways and so forth in the ship interior), it would be to the late DS9/TNG film uniforms, as those were the last uniforms we saw in the Prime universe, and because they're really good.

Otherwise, I stick to the default. Antares 1 or whatever, and have every character and boff wear them so that they blend. EDIT Which, actually, I'm ok with as I don't find it ugly. There's something vaguely TOS-like about it, especially the TOS pilot uniforms.

It drives me nuts that visiting ESD and every locale in the game has everyone run around in custom uniforms. I accept it, because there's no real way to change it, but it's just... not... how a uniform works in real life.
Career Officer
# 19
08-24-2013, 09:00 AM
I've alternated between the Odyssey uniform and the Jupiter veteran uniforms (copying the latter from the mannequin on the fleet base).
Captain
# 20
08-24-2013, 09:01 AM
Odyssey, there should be an option to have client side see all NPC's and other PC's in this uniform.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.