Career Officer
# 1 Experiences may vary
09-19-2013, 01:09 PM
My fifth character was created a day after the Risa summer event started with a goal of determining just how bad "grinding" was. I had two feds, a romulan, and a klingon that were lvl 50 at the time and due to some negative posts about science officers, the rep system, the summer event and other topics chose to start a KDF Orion science officer. After claiming the corvette for each of my characters, I hunted, danced, and raised birds. While the various activities were on "cooldown" I finished leveling my new Orion by playing through the story to the end. When the event ended I started the reputation projects. My four other characters had finished the romulan rep by then, two had finished omega with a third in progress. None had even started nukara. I decided to have my Orion sci test some of the difficulties experienced by other players and started through the rep system. She finished all three reps this morning. She "dotted the i's" and "crossed the t's" and got paid...75k dil worth of paid (not to forget the 51k for collecting the daily rewards). The only difficulty was omega marks. You see, I had read that nukara marks were hard to get so I used some of the "eggs to birds to boxes of marks" and chose nukara marks. Too many. As it turns out nukara marks are easier to get than I was led to believe (i already knew romulan marks were easy) and had to scramble a little to get enough omega marks. But now she's done. Test successful. To paraphrase the man "You're not the 'grinding', you're practice". Next...
Career Officer
# 2
09-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valarauko43 View Post
My fifth character was created a day after the Risa summer event started with a goal of determining just how bad "grinding" was. I had two feds, a romulan, and a klingon that were lvl 50 at the time and due to some negative posts about science officers, the rep system, the summer event and other topics chose to start a KDF Orion science officer. After claiming the corvette for each of my characters, I hunted, danced, and raised birds. While the various activities were on "cooldown" I finished leveling my new Orion by playing through the story to the end. When the event ended I started the reputation projects. My four other characters had finished the romulan rep by then, two had finished omega with a third in progress. None had even started nukara. I decided to have my Orion sci test some of the difficulties experienced by other players and started through the rep system. She finished all three reps this morning. She "dotted the i's" and "crossed the t's" and got paid...75k dil worth of paid (not to forget the 51k for collecting the daily rewards). The only difficulty was omega marks. You see, I had read that nukara marks were hard to get so I used some of the "eggs to birds to boxes of marks" and chose nukara marks. Too many. As it turns out nukara marks are easier to get than I was led to believe (i already knew romulan marks were easy) and had to scramble a little to get enough omega marks. But now she's done. Test successful. To paraphrase the man "You're not the 'grinding', you're practice". Next...
Wait. I could have used the summer event to get boxes of omega marks?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Career Officer
# 3
09-19-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feiqa View Post
Wait. I could have used the summer event to get boxes of omega marks?

AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You could have farmed tons of marks of all kinds from the summer event. 60 for every senior bird, 100 for the tufted seniors. You could start a new bird every day, and the event was... six weeks? Theoretically that's as much as 4500 marks per character, which would have required improbable luck with critting the assignments.

Hopefully this year's winter event will feature some way to get a choice of marks, too (last winter's Epohhs only gave Romulan Marks).
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-19-2013, 11:38 PM
Valarauko43 you know that in the community there are also players with (something like) a social life and/or a (more or less) full-time job...
Career Officer
# 5
09-20-2013, 08:09 PM
Acknowledged.