Lieutenant
# 1 best way to get romulan marks
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
I am trying to grind the rep system and am wondering what the best way to get romulan marks is.
Captain
# 2
09-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Azure Nebula, Vault Ensnared, Mine Trap. Oh, and the Tau Dewa Sector Block daily.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 3
09-07-2013, 06:49 PM
Epohh tagging and the Elder Epohh duty officer mission chain.

its 400 marks for about 4-5 days worth of tagging and waiting. Once you get your mission chain started, do the tagging for the next chain in a couple days time. Overlap them so to speak. Do that four times and you have enough marks to get all the way through tier 5 (assuming you dont buy anything along the way). It takes all told about 2-3 weeks to get all the marks this way, and takes about 3-5 minutes of time a day on that character.

You can also do the Tau Dewa daily for 75, mine trap for about 50-60, Rhi hlo whatever station for about 30-40.

Rom marks are actually pretty easy to get, if you spend your time doing those four things.
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 4
09-07-2013, 06:55 PM
Epohh tagging has the best marks-per-second return. You spend 5-10 minutes running around a small open area, not fighting anything, and get 400 marks every few days. The only real downside to it is that you have to spend a week or so ramping up. Once you are done put the leftover stuff in the bank and you can pick it right back up again. Nothing else really compares to it.

If you need a lot of marks *right now* you can do the Tau Dewa sector patrol once a day, and do the Acamar system six times to finish it (very quick turnaround for 15 points each time). After that its grinding through Azure Nebula, Vault Ensnared, and Mine Trap over and over. Do them during bonus time and you will get more marks.
Captain
# 5
09-07-2013, 06:58 PM
If you do Tau Dewa there is one system there that gives you 20% a time, so 5 repeats. I forget the name, but its right by new romulus
Vice Admiral Rylana - U.S.S. DNT Omega X || Vice Admiral Lyzara - I.R.W. DNT Omicron X
Vice Admiral Kailiana - R.R.W. DNT Theta X || Vice Admiral Talina - I.R.W. DNT Tau X
Vice Admiral Victoria - U.S.S. DNT Upsilon X || Lt. General Dannika - I.K.S. DNT Sigma X
Vice Admiral Shondra - R.R.W. DNT Alpha X || Lt. General Rosanna - I.K.S. DNT Iota X
=== Vice Squad/House of Tlhap-Jen ===
Captain
# 6
09-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I only play a few hours per week. And managed to get the full Romulan Rep in a couple of months. I just did the ground missions over and over. The ones you get per tier. Then I would do the patrol mission in space. Toward the last tiers I was hitting around 100+ points. Then spend a few days turning in. Then repeat. It wasn't too bad on the route I took.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-07-2013, 07:44 PM
I must also go on the Epohhs for best way to get Romulan marks.

Captain
# 8
09-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Grind bunnies in the slums.

Pardon the Stahl quote reference...
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Imperfection - a prequel to Ashkrik23's Perfection
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Captain
# 9
09-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rylanadionysis View Post
If you do Tau Dewa there is one system there that gives you 20% a time, so 5 repeats. I forget the name, but its right by new romulus
Japori gives 20% and is to the right when you warp into Tau Dewa from regulus.

Best way for rom marks is do epohh tagging and the patrol. By the timeyou hit T4 you have enough marks for T5 without doing any more mark grinding and possibly have enough leftover to buy something. Rom marks are the easiest to get with Epohh's and a solo patrol, no issues with pugs failing it on you. plus there are plenty of planets to check out you can do different ones everyday and not do them again for a week unlike grinding the same few missions over and over for the other marks.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Career Officer
# 10 My routine
09-11-2013, 10:19 AM
Here is my routine, when I was working on Romulan reputation:
  • Get Begnning of a New Future from Foreman Kylor in the Staging Area. This will give you bonus marks for one of the mission areas.
  • Go to that area, complete the daily mission there.
  • Tag epohhs, if not already done.
  • Talk to the Romulan Scientist in the Staging Area. He gives a daily mission collecting radiation readings from five systems in Tau Dewa sector. (I couldn't find the reference on the wiki.)
  • Beam up, get Tau Dewa Sector Patrol (Daily) from Subcommander Mivek.
  • Travel to the five systems needed for the radiation assignment, and complete the dailies there. Don't forget to collect the radiation samples from the satellites before you leave.
  • After completing those, you should only need one additional system to complete the patrol.

By the time I'm done with all of this, I've picked up more than enough junk to sell off for energy credits to buy commodities for the reputation assignments.
Saving the universe ... one game at a time.