Career Officer
Look, I understand that sometimes people will get mad and start cussing out GMs in a report, but not allowing us to have profanity in reports is a mistake. This is because there are several times when reporting other players for horrid behaviour you want to include what was said and often times this includes what can be thought of as offensive language.

This is not a specific example but what if you wanted to report another player for hate language and they used a word that is banned in the reports? They do ask for a detailed description after all.
Captain
# 2
02-01-2014, 06:26 PM
Try replacing the word in question with "f-word" or whatever.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 3
02-01-2014, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1989 View Post
Look, I understand that sometimes people will get mad and start cussing out GMs in a report, but not allowing us to have profanity in reports is a mistake. This is because there are several times when reporting other players for horrid behaviour you want to include what was said and often times this includes what can be thought of as offensive language.

This is not a specific example but what if you wanted to report another player for hate language and they used a word that is banned in the reports? They do ask for a detailed description after all.
It's very simple. Give them the exact time of the incident and the player character@handle. Cryptic keeps logs of all chats and with that info, they can look up what the player said in chat and punish them if needed. The time of the incident is most important. It helps support narrow it down so they don't have to spend all day looking up the chat logs for the last 24 hours.

And you don't need to repeat exactly what the player said. Just give support a general description such as being racist, or talking nasty, or whatever the case is.
Self Portrait
Captain
# 4
02-01-2014, 06:42 PM
I would just report the player and a timestamp of when it occurred. Likely whatever was said was logged somewhere and they can pull it up.
LtGen. Mara Navar, IKS Rozhenko, Mogh Battle-Cruiser (Orion, KDF Tactical Officer)
VADM T'Prel Movar, RRW Imperator Scimitar Warbird (Fed-Romulan Tactical Officer) - Commissar - Fleet Executive Officer Armageddon Steel Legion
VADM Genestra, USS Audacious, Venture-X Dreadnaught (Betazoid, Fed Engineering Officer)
VADM Lenara Jomm, USS Heraclitus, Vesta Class (Joined Trill, Fed Science Officer)
Career Officer
# 5
02-01-2014, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
It's very simple. Give them the exact time of the incident and the player character@handle. Cryptic keeps logs of all chats and with that info, they can look up what the player said in chat and punish them if needed. The time of the incident is most important. It helps support narrow it down so they don't have to spend all day looking up the chat logs for the last 24 hours.

And you don't need to repeat exactly what the player said. Just give support a general description such as being racist, or talking nasty, or whatever the case is.
/this. No need to allow profanity in reports.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-01-2014, 07:14 PM
Just say they used profanity in the report. If I remember correctly, when you send a GM report, it makes a copy of your log that they access to review.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
02-02-2014, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sle1989 View Post
"They" do also point out that they have logs of the chat, which will obviously contain any offensive text. That's why no, allowing profanity in reports is not in any way needed.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 8
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
Yup, we have chat logs. If the specifics of what they said are THAT critical, we'll find it ourselves. No need to include it.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 9
02-03-2014, 12:17 AM
This rule is what prompted me to name one of my ships the U.S.S. Profanity. Tell me profanity is not allowed...
Career Officer
# 10
02-03-2014, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
Yup, we have chat logs. If the specifics of what they said are THAT critical, we'll find it ourselves. No need to include it.
You forgot: "/thread. [Closed]"