Career Officer
Bran, please pass on: as more species are added to the rep system please make sure that all requirements are met before letting captains beam in.

We have queued ESTF that require special equipment. Especially these last several months more people are using the queuing system for Nukara, I'm averaging about every third queue when someone parachutes in without special equipment.

Open queues are how we meet new friends that we then bond with. We can't do that given the current situation where people are:

a) confused by boffs beaming in
b) boffs are allowed to beam in at all?!
c) not enough people beamed in to even start the mission

and finally

d) nitwits who are allowed in who don't meet all the requirements, screw it up for the rest of us, start missions before everyone is in...

etc.

The Open Queue system is supposed to allow us to meet new people. When things go awry in Open Queue, we're told to group with just people we know. But we can only meet new people in Open Queue - great, so over time pockets of friendships age out of the game... only Product Manager can explain their behavior!

Quote:
Captain Kirk: Everything Harry tells you is a lie. Remember that. Everything Harry tells you is a lie.

Harcourt Fenton Mudd: Now listen to this carefully, Norman. I am... lying.

Norman: You say you are lying, but if everything you say is a lie, then you are telling the truth, but you cannot tell the truth because everything you say is a lie, but you lie... You tell the truth but you cannot for you lie... illogical! Illogical! Please explain! You are human. Only humans can explain their behavior! Please explain!

Captain Kirk: [giving him the same statement the androids have repeatedly given him several times before] I am not programmed to respond in that area.
Captain
# 2
08-24-2013, 10:19 AM
it would be nice.. at least the NUK stfs are ones you can leave with no penalty and you can restart them right away if you fail.
[12:35] Vessel Two of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 225232 (271723) Plasma Damage to you with Plasma Lance.
[12:44] Vessel One of Two Unimatrix 01 deals 1019527 (1157678) Kinetic Damage to you with Plasma Energy Bolt Explosion.
Commander
# 3
08-24-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitvendor12 View Post
...Open queues are how we meet new friends that we then bond with... ...But we can only meet new people in Open Queue...

What do you mean "we". Sorry but you do not speak for me. I do the missions for the marks, nothing more. Just because making "friends" is endgame for you does not mean it is for me or anyone else. And I don't play sto to meet new people, I play because I enjoy the game and like star trek. If meeting new people is why you play, fine. But please do not speak for anyone but yourself.

"Did anyone hear something back there that sounded like there was something back there?"
Captain
# 4
08-24-2013, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooldork View Post
....And I don't play sto to meet new people, I play because I enjoy the game and like star trek....
same

---------------
# 5
08-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgta1967 View Post
same

---------------
second that motion
Live long and Prosper
Captain
# 6
08-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschooldork View Post
What do you mean "we". Sorry but you do not speak for me. I do the missions for the marks, nothing more. Just because making "friends" is endgame for you does not mean it is for me or anyone else. And I don't play sto to meet new people, I play because I enjoy the game and like star trek. If meeting new people is why you play, fine. But please do not speak for anyone but yourself.
There's been a bit of that of late others thinking they speak for all
Live long and Prosper