Survivor of Romulus
# 11
10-04-2013, 03:36 AM
Well, good news for you! You're mission is next in line to be reviewed! .
As soon as it's done I'll let you know.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Ensign
# 12
10-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Looking forward to it, Stoutes!

Also would like to add that Infinite Shift has now cleared the red text and qualifies for rewards. Thank you to everyone who's played it so far!
INFINITE SHIFT
my first and currently only Foundry mission is up on the Fed side, intended for a Romulan audience.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Here you go .

Took me most of my day, but was well worth it!
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message ^^
Lt. Commander
# 14
10-07-2013, 12:39 PM
I plan on running "Infinite Shift" later this week (probably on Thursday), but I've already seen you use a feature that I'd love to use as well:

How did you extend the grant dialog? What I mean is that right after you [Accept] the mission the dialogue continues from there immediately. It doesn't matter where you are to get that behavior. I've seen this on other maps as well.

I've tried several things to achieve the same effect and none of them seem to work. I've tried adding a pop-up dialog and a few other things, but you seem to be restricted to making a map selection or transition after the grant dialog.

The only think I haven't tried yet is adding a pop-up dialog to a Cryptic map -- which I may try this evening after work.
Ensign
# 15
10-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donperk View Post
I plan on running "Infinite Shift" later this week (probably on Thursday), but I've already seen you use a feature that I'd love to use as well:

How did you extend the grant dialog? What I mean is that right after you [Accept] the mission the dialogue continues from there immediately. It doesn't matter where you are to get that behavior. I've seen this on other maps as well.

I've tried several things to achieve the same effect and none of them seem to work. I've tried adding a pop-up dialog and a few other things, but you seem to be restricted to making a map selection or transition after the grant dialog.

The only think I haven't tried yet is adding a pop-up dialog to a Cryptic map -- which I may try this evening after work.
Hmm- I'm afraid it's really nothing out of the ordinary as you might be expecting. I'm curious what you mean by restricted to a map selection or transition...? My little extension of the grant mission dialogue is only a pop-up dialogue, really. Just to make sure I'm being specific here, in the story tab, I simply pulled over the pop-up dialogue option from the right column (the library) and dropped it in right after the start. The map transition to Celes follows right after.

Hope this helps, otherwise I'd be curious to know why it isn't working for you. Also, I look forward to your review on Thursday!
INFINITE SHIFT
my first and currently only Foundry mission is up on the Fed side, intended for a Romulan audience.
Lt. Commander
# 16
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
I tried that on a brand new project and it wouldn't let me drag the pop-up (it was grayed-out -- not available.) This was my first road block.

I then added a map transition for a Cryptic Map which, at mission start, doesn't present a transition dialog. Whenever I dropped the pop-up dialog outside (above) the map transition, it put it INSIDE the map in the story line viewer.

I then removed the Cryptic Map transition and put in a Custom Map transition -- and it worked just like you said. And it turns out my starting point is from a space map anyway, so I didn't need the Cryptic Map in this case.

I also discovered that if you REALLY want a social map to follow the extended grant text, you can do this:
  1. Add the "Cryptic Map" icon to your storyline after the grant dialog.
  2. Drop a pop-up dialog onto the Cryptic Map.
  3. Delete the Cryptic Map -- this will leave the pop-up dialog behind where you want it -- following the grant dialog.
  4. Add the Cryptic Map back, following the pop-up. Voila!

Thanks for the help on this! You were able to confirm that it was, indeed, a pop-up dialog following the grant dialog. I was just using the wrong following map type for testing.
Ensign
# 17
10-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Glad I could help! I honestly had no idea that there were even issues- I suppose it was something I encountered, but likely it was long enough ago that I completely forgot.

Your fiddling with the Cryptic Map scenario is an added bonus. If I recall, there was some sort of new authors' tips thread a while back...? If it's not too old, I think your find would definitely be worth adding! Could certainly save some others some time.
INFINITE SHIFT
Lt. Commander
# 18
10-18-2013, 11:49 PM
My somewhat exhaustive review of "Infinite Shift" can be found here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post12984971

There's a lot of good here. But it also needs a LOT of polish.

This review took eighteen hours to complete, by the way... It's a record for me.