Empire Veteran
I will make this short and sweet.

I.E.

FEDERATION:

Vulcans: Are Fixed on being Allies, Can Not Kill Without Costumes on Another Race

-This option will allow this group to be hostile.

KDF:

Gorn: Are Fixed on Being Allies, Can NOT Be Killed Without Costumes on Another Race

-This option will allow the group to be hostile. I.E. Like on Nimbus III*, and some Orion Missions on the KDF Arc

*EDIT
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Captain
# 2
08-25-2013, 08:24 PM
I do find it mildly irritating to have to (for example) reskin a Terran Empire ship if I want to have a rogue Fed vessel.
Captain
# 3
08-25-2013, 10:36 PM
What if someone wants to make enemy Gorn for KDF? Or enemy Starfleet ships for Feds?

I think it's much simpler to give authors the ability to set a mob as a friendly/enemy.
Commander
# 4
08-26-2013, 02:47 AM
Totally agree. Would also be helpful to have total freedom on mixing up costumes across species. Don't know why they have built such a restrictive system.

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
08-26-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Totally agree. Would also be helpful to have total freedom on mixing up costumes across species. Don't know why they have built such a restrictive system.
Probably because they simply didn't thought about the storytelling possibilities we've come up.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Commander
# 6
08-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoutes View Post
Probably because they simply didn't thought about the storytelling possibilities we've come up.
Basically, we're so much more awesome than they thought we would be?

& Rose Tinted Mirror (Fed 31+)
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
08-26-2013, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisscience View Post
Basically, we're so much more awesome than they thought we would be?
Yes
roflol
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Career Officer
# 8
08-26-2013, 08:34 AM
It would be nice, and I think we've asked for it in the past, to have the ability to flag any mob for any 'alliance'.

In other words, if you wanted a group of Klingons to be friendly to a Federation player, you would flag them as 'Federation' instead of their default 'Klingon' alliance. That way they still use all their native attacks (not just reskinned Feds shooting phasers) against other non-Federation targets - even other Klingons.

It sure would save a lot of time having to re-costume mobs AND give a better, more realistic outcome/visual effect since they would be using their 'real' weapon types for their race.
Free the Foundry with a simple, new User Interface: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh....php?t=1316881
(My consolidated list of game improvements for STO: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=990371)
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-26-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't think the engine is set up to have factions dynamically change their allegence. I think the devs, when the want to make say KDF fight Gorn, have to create a new faction that looks and behaves like traditional Gorn except allegence.

If they were to attempt to implement this into the Foundry, it would most likely be them creating a multitude of factions with all the different possible combinations than could be.

@greendragoon
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Let me Make Myself Clearer....

Lets Say You Have Any Kind Of Group:

Borg , Gorn , Federation , Etc

Chose Threat:

Friendly / Enemy

Friendly: Can Attack Enemy Flagged Groups, Will Not Attack You

Enemy: Can Attack, Attacks As Usual Combat Would Be

*+* Make It So It Can Swicth, Like In This Instance, They will Be Friendly/Enemy

I.E. : Gorn Friendly, You Say Wrong Thing, They Are Enemies

*+* Knock Out Instead Of Death Might Be nice Too.
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!