Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 41
08-31-2013, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Awwe. Cryptic doesnt like us so much we got a new tutorial and low level missions in the Lor release all as a...... Oh what did Dstahl say to me and others????...... Oh yeah, "A labor of love.."
Sounds like a real hate brewing among the Devs over the KDF.
We may not be the pampered feds but we are no longer the forgotten child iether.

Still some poor trolling in this thread.
Hey, maybe the Devs can make a Troll console to help with that since the skill seems lacking on the parts of some.
At least there's one KDF player who doesn't believe in moving goal posts. Proceed.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Empire Veteran
# 42
08-31-2013, 06:40 PM
The goals of the KDF have never changed; continued growth and playability of the faction and the races that make it up.
I just do not believe we KDF fans can use the old "cryptic hates us" complaint anymore given the changes given us with the release of LoR.
We still have every right as players and fans to expect bug fixes and further development from Cryptic since we are customers of the service they are selling us.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 43
09-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
The goals of the KDF have never changed; continued growth and playability of the faction and the races that make it up.
I just do not believe we KDF fans can use the old "cryptic hates us" complaint anymore given the changes given us with the release of LoR.
We still have every right as players and fans to expect bug fixes and further development from Cryptic since we are customers of the service they are selling us.
Agreed. I'm a rather outspoken 'whiner', and I would be happy if we had some assurance that the faction would receive regular, continuous development. What we've been getting is the occasional 'burst' of development (most recent being the LoR additions, we hadn't got much of anything for a good while before that).

A new, good T5 C-store ship or two every 6 months (maybe counterparts to the Andorian ships and a KDF answer to the Vesta). Continuous upgrading of our older mission content. Expansion of our customization options for both character costumes and ship skins. Even a relatively low level of development would be nice, if it were continuous. It would show that Cryptic actually cares about the state of the KDF faction, rather than regarding the faction as an afterthought to the 'big development'.

It would certainly give us more to talk about on the KDF subforums here
tIqIpqu' 'ej nom tIqIp
Commander
# 44
09-01-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
A new, good T5 C-store ship or two every 6 months (maybe counterparts to the Andorian ships and a KDF answer to the Vesta). Continuous upgrading of our older mission content. Expansion of our customization options for both character costumes and ship skins. Even a relatively low level of development would be nice, if it were continuous. It would show that Cryptic actually cares about the state of the KDF faction, rather than regarding the faction as an afterthought to the 'big development'.

^ this.

I'm looking for something for BoP's, Raptors and Science Vessels for the KDF on the equivelent level that the Tor'Kaht is already for Battle Cruisers - something epic and enjoyable that everyone agrees is a very good ship. I'm perfectly fine with that line of ships (the BC's), I'd just like more variety in the other types of ships, especially the BoP's now that the T'Varo demolishes all of them.

T5 Ship Comparison Spreadsheet
Play my missions on Holodeck!
Return of Ja'Dok Series (6 Part Series)
Enemy of the Exile Series (4 Part Series)
Task Force Ja'Dok Series (3 Part Series)
Empire Veteran
# 45
09-01-2013, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timezarg View Post
Agreed. I'm a rather outspoken 'whiner', and I would be happy if we had some assurance that the faction would receive regular, continuous development. What we've been getting is the occasional 'burst' of development (most recent being the LoR additions, we hadn't got much of anything for a good while before that).

There is a difference between "whining" about old wounds long scarred over and the needs of new wounds still open.
You have not struck me as a whiner, and we KDF fans still need to voice our existing concerns.
We just need to leave the scar covered wounds to heal so they do not infect any new ones that need to be addressed.
The cry of "Cryptic hates us ...." is such an old wound.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 46
09-01-2013, 04:25 PM
I've only been in STO about a year and half. In this time, I've hardly ever (maybe two or three times at most) found anyone who regularly plays KDF who wasn't helpful, pleasant or had some useful idea or advice. The same thing goes on here as well. The leading voices of the KDF here usually get it right in one take. So there is little need to post the same complaint or issue three or four times. With each successive thread becoming more and more overblown with drama and hyperbole and extremism.

As someone who prefers to play KDF rather than become lost in the mindless herd, I find this pleasant when I check in here at the end of a loong workday.

Do we KDF players complain? Yup, sure do. Are our complaints stated in reasonable language with Spell Check on? Yup, sure is. Can we disagree with another without said disagreement degenerating into an Interwebs b****slap fight. Yup, sure can. The thing I have noticed over the last eighteen months is this:

Whether I am here or ingame, as long as I am interacting with KDF players, people act like grownups. And I ain't talkin' 'bout no chronological age, either. Inactive forums? Huh. Imagine that. Guess when a KDF player has something important to say which is worth listening to or reading, then he/she will post/say it.

Last edited by thunderfoot006; 09-01-2013 at 04:28 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 47
09-01-2013, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blagorm View Post
Just Saying... I Think There Is A Lack Of Conversation/Interest/Care In The KDF Fourms... To me, It Feels Like We Are Alone...

I sometimes see 2 week old posts stay near the top 5, again, without having a new comment for 2 weeks...

Etc. Etc... Do you notice this... and if you do... what do you think?
Warriors fight, no time to read.
Survivor of Romulus
# 48
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderfoot006 View Post
I've only been in STO about a year and half. In this time, I've hardly ever (maybe two or three times at most) found anyone who regularly plays KDF who wasn't helpful, pleasant or had some useful idea or advice. The same thing goes on here as well. The leading voices of the KDF here usually get it right in one take. So there is little need to post the same complaint or issue three or four times. With each successive thread becoming more and more overblown with drama and hyperbole and extremism.

As someone who prefers to play KDF rather than become lost in the mindless herd, I find this pleasant when I check in here at the end of a loong workday.

Do we KDF players complain? Yup, sure do. Are our complaints stated in reasonable language with Spell Check on? Yup, sure is. Can we disagree with another without said disagreement degenerating into an Interwebs b****slap fight. Yup, sure can. The thing I have noticed over the last eighteen months is this:

Whether I am here or ingame, as long as I am interacting with KDF players, people act like grownups. And I ain't talkin' 'bout no chronological age, either. Inactive forums? Huh. Imagine that. Guess when a KDF player has something important to say which is worth listening to or reading, then he/she will post/say it.
You... I like you.

The KDF do more with less, and the ones who enjoy playing KDF are too busy in-game and not on the forums.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?u=91851766000&type=sigpic&dateline=13403  39147
Captain
# 49
09-02-2013, 11:10 AM
Well, it's nice to see KDF players actually complaining a little less. Don't get me wrong, my main is a Ferasan and I think the pre-LOR complaints made perfect sense. But at least after LOR brought us some more stuff people were actually happy to receive it. KDF does need a lot of work but it's much better than before. By "lot of work" I don't mean ships, I barely do space combat other than exploration missions (and 1-2 hulks at Ker'rat from time to time) and for those my Adapted Risian Beamscort is fine. What I mean is fixing the little things, like MARAUDING BOFF (sorry, have to emphasize that I wanna customize my human slavegirl). For a kinda-RPer/person who wants to get sucked in the story, there are some stuff that bug me. Still, what's been done is really nice...
Empire Veteran
# 50
09-02-2013, 11:33 AM
To be fair every aspect of the game, Federation, KDF , Romulan or other would benefit greatly from a update focused solely on bug fixes, some of the bugs are still there from launch.

It is a bit of a double edged sword though, I remember when another MMO I played in the past decided to do this. A lot of people myself included thought it was a great idea but others complained bitterly about the lack of content.
toDuj 'oS rol.