Republic Veteran
# 1 Purple and Green for RomKlinks
05-06-2014, 05:36 PM
OK, it doesn't seem to be happening as a QoL update from Cryptic so ...

Not 'begging' any more,
Not 'asking' any more,
Not 'suggesting' any more,
Not 'demanding' any more ...

Instead I'm ... offering

Name your price Cryptic!!!

I'm offering to 'buy' a Dye Pack (for want of a better term) that gives Romulans, and more specifically KDF Aligned Romulans, an extended colour palette that includes:

Dark Green <->Aqua and Dark Violet <-> Purple

On all Armor and Kit pieces, as well as preferably on all uniform options.

100Zen? 500Zen? 1000Zen? 500Dil? 5000Dil? 25000Dil? 50Lobi? 200Lobi? ... Name the price, and I (and I'm sure many, many others) will pay it!

This is a genuine offer, i will pay any price you care to ask, because, yes, it means that much to me (and many, many others I believe) to be able to customize our Romulan toons in traditionally Romulan colours ...
Please ... Make it so ...!

Last edited by bendalek; 05-07-2014 at 08:16 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 2
05-06-2014, 05:53 PM
I want the ability to have red hues for lights on Feddie chars.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Career Officer
# 3
05-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Agreed.

10chars

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Captain
# 4
05-07-2014, 01:27 PM
You want a die pack? Or a dye pack?

Okay, more colors are cool and all, but I really really don't want to have to start buying dye packs to color my toons. I despise those expensive, one-use dyes, and adding them would be a step backwards in terms of customization, not forward.

An account-wide, permanent dye unlock, however, that adds to the current palette, would be acceptable.

Last edited by alexmakepeace; 05-07-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
05-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmakepeace View Post
You want a die pack? Or a dye pack?

Okay, more colors are cool and all, but I really really don't want to have to start buying dye packs to color my toons. I despise those expensive, one-use dyes, and adding them would be a step backwards in terms of customization, not forward.

An account-wide, permanent dye unlock, however, that adds to the current palette, would be acceptable.
Didn't notice the auto correct ... Fixed it ...

Well I don't exactly "want" to purchase consumable packs, but it seems Cryptic won't give us the options any other way, so I figure offering to 'pay' might make it seem more viable ... You don't get if you don't ask ...
Career Officer
# 6
05-07-2014, 08:36 PM
Full colour palettes for all!
You're right. The work here is very important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
...talking to players is like being a mall Santa. Everyone immediately wants to tell you all of the things they want, and you are absolutely powerless to deliver 99% of them.
Republic Veteran
# 7
05-08-2014, 08:55 PM
You know, just as an addendum to this ... i saw a Mogh in game the other day that was using the Aegis Set ...

And it looked totally cool with the red "Tron" stripes, and of course I asked around, and was told that the Aegis Set has a Red effect for Klinks, and Blue for Fed, so naturally i said "and what, Green for Romulan's?" ... Bzzzt! ...

Apparently not, so another request is for the Aegis Set to have a Teal/Green variant for Romulan Ships.
Career Officer
# 8
05-08-2014, 09:44 PM
I also want red colors for Fed... since I can't match the armor + kits to the color of my character's eye laser. That, or let me change the color of the eye laser. Mismatching colors just make me all fidgety...

bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh.
Twitter - @JanDarkrider (RP & self-parody in character)
Captain
# 9
05-09-2014, 03:29 PM
This does look like a cool idea. But I would worry if Cryptic would nerf the tailor and put all dye packs in locboxes instead.
Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.