Career Officer
# 1 Foundry up or Down?
05-20-2014, 06:42 AM
I have been waiting patiently for a since April . As I try and Load/Edit a foundry mission it, I get 'Waiting for Foundry to start up an patching Foundry assets'
After 60 minutes or more the game logs me out due to inactivity. This can not be cancelled and reading that someone was Editing today leaves me to wonder if something else is up.

I'm not the only person who this is happen to. Any help if the Foundry is down or up. I was aware the found was down in April but reading those post said it was up on the 30th of April. It's now the 20th May, and me and a few friends are still unable to create in the Foundry!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
05-20-2014, 07:19 AM
I can tell you the Foundry is up right now, and working for most of us.. It sounds like you're having network issues. Have you tried disabling "On Demand Patching?" It's in the launcher options.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 3
05-20-2014, 07:31 AM
Network is completely fine. Could actually edit prior to Season 9. On Demand is turned off.

As are the fleet mates. who are having the same issue.
We all thought Foundry was down until I saw a Foundry bug report while in Foundry today!

Edit: Also there is no firewall, nothing being blocked. Fastest network, no lag inside STO itself! Nadda zippo zilzch! If it was just me then yes it would be a network Issue. However I mentioned others are experiencing the same thing. And all believe Foundry to be Down currently!

So it's up that's good to know, then there is an unknown issue experience some people then.

Last edited by tyne123; 05-20-2014 at 08:13 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
05-20-2014, 11:10 AM
So it may be you have a bad cache thats interfering with the patch. Try going into your STO install directory in the Star Trek Online\Live\cache folder and remove the hogg files there. See if that clears it up.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 05-20-2014 at 11:13 AM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 5
05-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Try greendragoon's suggestion about the hogg files and let me know if that works.
Career Officer
# 6
05-20-2014, 01:02 PM
This did not help one bit either! Another hour watching the same message!

Ok so I could edit prior to Season 9, and after Season 9 nothing! I'm tired of having to use other peoples poorly designed KDF Fondry Missions!

Edit:- Just a wildcard maybe the unable to load into Foundry missions and the Crashes whilst in Foundry, are related. There people who can't log into it just like myself. However whilst I'm trying to Load Foundry each Hour I'm not in game to bring them here to testify!

Re Edit:- I've been trying to do a KDF Mission all Day which won't fully Load. However when I Load Edit a Starfleet Mission. It goes in very quickly. While i'm waiting for KDF to load for an hour before being booted back to log in.

Last edited by tyne123; 05-20-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
05-20-2014, 01:43 PM
Perhaps there is something wrong with that KDF mission. Why don't you post the title and ST-code for Crypticfrost.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Ensign
# 8 Foundry NOt loading
06-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Hello folks,

I noticed i am not the only one who cant load the foundry has anyone found a reliable solution?

Note: some solutions i read when i googled it refered to files or directories i dont have on steam.
i.e. \Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\data

Theres no such folder theres a \localdata folder there but no Data folder.

Can someone please find a reliable fix. I'm open to anything.

I even tried loading in Arc and same hang on loading the Foundry
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
06-02-2014, 06:36 PM
For Steam users, the folder is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\cache

@greendragoon
Ensign
# 10 sad face
06-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
For Steam users, the folder is located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\cache

thanks that was helpful and it turned out another forum post recommended that i thought they were seperate fixes. and no deleting ur cached hogg files does nothing :_(