Lt. Commander
# 111
09-18-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The coordinate numbers are limited to displaying only 6 significant figures (6 digits, whether before or after the decimal place). With large values (over 1000), particularly in the Y coordinate, this results in them frequently being rounded to the nearest whole number. It would be better if at least 7 significant figure were displayed, or a set number of digits were displayed after the decimal place (ie always to the thousandth).
I know I'm being nitpicky, but this is not really a defect -- I'm pretty sure this is by design. This item should probably be moved to a feature/enhancement request thread.
Starfleet Veteran
# 112
09-18-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
"The following items are rooms, but the Foundry will attempt to push the player/NPCs out on spawn or when transitioning the object to visible.
? Transporter Room
? Holodeck 01
? Holodeck 01 Fade-In
? Holodeck 01 Fade-Out"

Does anyone have a project where this is currently happening? If so, let me know its Mission ID and I'll check it out.

"Transporter Room asset will cause objects on pre-made maps to disappear." Can anyone give me an example of a map where this occurs? What objects are disappearing?
First off, I finally have a test case for you CrypticFrost for two issues related to the Transporter Room:

Mission Title: Greendragoon's Bug Test Project
Mission ID: ST-HJMSRGMEY

The first map demonstrates both the Transporter Room asset causing objects to dissapear, and pushing the player out. (Note: This is the same project I passed you for the Mirror NPC beam in bug. I decided to consolidate my bug test scenarios into one project to save slots.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
"(0,0,0) Bug" (markhawkman's term), afflicting space custom map "Dreon VII - High Orbit" of Starfleet mission "Bait and Switch", project ID ST-HMVK8ZDAT. Thread where I asked if there was any word on a fix coming through the pipeline, since I was informed here that this issue had been seen before.

Just filed a ticket through the "Report a Bug" option in the Foundry editor help menu, but it didn't give me a ticket ID.
I've added it to the list, but the exact conditions which cause this to happen are still vague. If you find any further details about what specifically causes this to happen it will make it that much easier to track down the bug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
The coordinate numbers are limited to displaying only 6 significant figures (6 digits, whether before or after the decimal place). With large values (over 1000), particularly in the Y coordinate, this results in them frequently being rounded to the nearest whole number. It would be better if at least 7 significant figure were displayed, or a set number of digits were displayed after the decimal place (ie always to the thousandth).
If it's six digits, wouldn't it need to be 100,000 before you lost all decimal places? One thousand should be 1000.00, right? Either way, it sounds like a floating point restriction which may be a fundamental limitation of the engine. I know in the past that Tumerboy has mentioned this as the primary limiter of map size in STO.

@greendragoon
Cryptic Studios Team
# 113
09-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
First off, I finally have a test case for you CrypticFrost for two issues related to the Transporter Room:

Mission Title: Greendragoon's Bug Test Project
Mission ID: ST-HJMSRGMEY

The first map demonstrates both the Transporter Room asset causing objects to dissapear, and pushing the player out. (Note: This is the same project I passed you for the Mirror NPC beam in bug. I decided to consolidate my bug test scenarios into one project to save slots.)
Thanks for the assist!
Captain
# 114
09-18-2013, 04:18 PM
Also, any chance we can get the Boff pathing on the interior map templates fixed? I've got one in "Bait and Switch" where I'm using the Defiant-class interior (full of narrow hatchways and corridors, granted) and I can't even get out of the transporter room without my redshirts getting caught in doorways. Luckily that map's just a mission briefing with no combat.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Career Officer
# 115
09-18-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Also, any chance we can get the Boff pathing on the interior map templates fixed? I've got one in "Bait and Switch" where I'm using the Defiant-class interior (full of narrow hatchways and corridors, granted) and I can't even get out of the transporter room without my redshirts getting caught in doorways. Luckily that map's just a mission briefing with no combat.
tbh bugs that are only in preview and are "fixed" for published missions are most likely going to be very low priority

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Captain
# 116
09-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorbane View Post
tbh bugs that are only in preview and are "fixed" for published missions are most likely going to be very low priority
I've seen similar issues in published maps based on templates, too.

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 117
09-18-2013, 05:32 PM
Quote:
I've seen similar issues in published maps based on templates, too.
The problem here is in preview, there's no pathing info added to the maps, hence your Bridge Officers' navigation problems. There are also a few template maps, either whole or in part that fail to get pathing info added to them when published. I've got all the ones that have been reported thus far written up. So, known issue but that's really all I can say.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 118
09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
I finally got the locker thing figured out. Detail - Locker Wall 01 is the one that will randomize being open or closed. Detail - Locker Wall 02 is always open and Detail - Locker Wall 03 and Detail - Locker Wall 04 are always closed.

That catches me up on the list here, at least until you guys find something new.

Thanks again for all the help in tracking these down.
Captain
# 119
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticfrost View Post
The problem here is in preview, there's no pathing info added to the maps, hence your Bridge Officers' navigation problems. There are also a few template maps, either whole or in part that fail to get pathing info added to them when published. I've got all the ones that have been reported thus far written up. So, known issue but that's really all I can say.
So if I'm lucky it'll sort itself out when I publish? Then I won't worry about it.

Career Officer
# 120
09-18-2013, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
If it's six digits, wouldn't it need to be 100,000 before you lost all decimal places? One thousand should be 1000.00, right? Either way, it sounds like a floating point restriction which may be a fundamental limitation of the engine. I know in the past that Tumerboy has mentioned this as the primary limiter of map size in STO.
That's true, but the problem is it rounds it to the nearest digit it can display. So if you set a floor to 1200.001 it just displays 1200. I guess I can fix this issue for myself by building at 900 instead of 1200.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.