Starfleet Veteran
# 31
09-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Using multi-select to copy and paste a set of objects at different y values places a new version at an entirely different y value. If on an interior, it can often smash them together since the interior has a limited amount of space under the floor.

The joys of cntl c + cntl v:

cntl c, cntl v never copies the y value, although copy->paste in the menu does.
Just to confirm, the menu bar copy paste does not have this bug, correct? Also does anyone know if the right click menu has this issue?

Quote:
Often, I lose the ability to cntl c, cntl v a npc group. It stops responding and copies the previous object instead of the npc group. Cerberus told me to use copy and paste in the menu when this happens, but I haven't tried it yet.
Did you only have the group selected, or did you have all the individual NPCs inside selected? Those individual NPCs are not allowed to be duplicated. Still this does throw a monkey wrench into multiselect copying, so I think it's worth a not working as intended.

Quote:
Asset: There is clipping on the top of several borg buildings.
If possible, can you take a look and get the specific names of the buildings that are doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Yes. sorry for being unclear earlier.
So I take it the ideal solution here is that these would be labeled differently to differentiate between them. Also you said that one version included both sections separated? How does that work?

Hmm, it might be worth making a new section for labeling issues. Semes like there are a few of them. (Tricorder animations, Sela, Hakeev)

Notes to Self:
Look up transporter room asset name so I can add visregion issue.
Holodeck and Transporter Room push-out issue.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 09-04-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Rihannsu
# 32
09-04-2013, 07:47 AM
yeah, a section for labeling issues would seem to be in order.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 33
09-04-2013, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
yeah, a section for labeling issues would seem to be in order.
So I took a look over lunch at what you were talking about and it looks like a bunch of the costumes are related to the Odyssey's docking procedure. However, I don't even think we have to tools to make use of such a thing. I'm almost inclined to recommend that these transitional NPCs be removed. Not sure how I'll list that.

It looks like all the ships capable of separation have these multiple versions with only the Promethus having its sections properly labeled. I'll go through the costume list when I get a chance and see if I can sort out which version should be called what.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 09-04-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Captain
# 34
09-04-2013, 12:26 PM
I lose the ability to copy and paste the group. I'm not trying to copy an actor of the group, but the whole group. I can do it again by restarting the foundry.

Last edited by kirksplat; 09-04-2013 at 03:47 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 35
09-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Quote:
I loss the ability to copy and paste the group. I'm not trying to copy an actor of the group, but the whole group. I can do it again by restarting the foundry.
But when drag multiselecting NPC groups the actors get selected as well as the group. When you multi-select a group, it selects everything. The only way to get it to copy is to manually deselect all the actors. If this is NOT the case then we have a different issue.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 09-04-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Captain
# 36
09-04-2013, 03:41 PM
working as intended?

Setting characters to jobs makes them type in the air when walking between consoles. Height of typing often doesn't match height of said console.

Also: Description box has no buttons for OOC or MissionInfo. It's a minor irritant, but maybe it could fall into some category.

Last edited by kirksplat; 09-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Captain
# 37
09-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
But when drag multiselecting NPC groups the actors get selected as well as the group. When you multi-select a group, it selects everything. The only way to get it to copy is to manually deselect all the actors. If this is NOT the case then we have a different issue.
Interesting. Maybe that's what I'm doing. Usually, I think I just select the mob on the left side, which doesn't select all the actors, I think.
Starfleet Veteran
# 38
09-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Interesting. Maybe that's what I'm doing. Usually, I think I just select the mob on the left side, which doesn't select all the actors, I think.
So I ran a couple tests just to be sure. Created a map including a mixture of detail objects and NPC groups:

Test 1: I drag multiselect the map, all objects including actors and the groups are selected.
Result 1: I cannot duplicate the objects and copy + paste has no effect.

Test 2: I select each object individually only selecting the groups and detail objects.
Result 2: Duplicate and copy + paste work normally.
Result 2b: After being pasted/duplicated all of the duplicated objects are now selected including the actors which prevents duplicate until the actors have been deselected

Additional Note: I also found that the spawn point is resistant to duplication and will prevent copy+paste/duplicate from working if it is part of the selected group.

I've already put it on the list as not working as intended. The drag multiselecting npc groups shouldn't cause the copy paste to fail.

@greendragoon

Last edited by thegreendragoon1; 09-04-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Captain
# 39
09-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
So I ran a couple tests just to be sure. Created a map including a mixture of detail objects and NPC groups:

Test 1: I drag multiselect the map, all objects including actors and the groups are selected.
Result 1: I cannot duplicate the objects and copy + paste has no effect.

Test 2: I select each object individually only selecting the groups and detail objects.
Result 2: Duplicate and copy + paste work normally.
Result 2b: After being pasted/duplicated all of the duplicated objects are now selected including the actors which prevents duplicate until the actors have been deselected

Additional Note: I also found that the spawn point is resistant to duplication and will prevent copy+paste/duplicate from working if it is part of the selected group.

I've already put it on the list as not working as intended. The drag multiselecting npc groups shouldn't cause the copy paste to fail.
Good finds GD. This must be why I seem to have no issues the first couple of times I start to duplicate a group, and then I'm trying to duplicate the duplicated group, which won't duplicate.
Captain
# 40
09-04-2013, 06:34 PM
The following animations seem broken:

Draw weapon
Gloat
Hold Tricorder (both versions)
Idle default doesn't seem to idle
Mood - Angry
Mood - Arogant
Mood - Happy
Mood - Neutral
Mood - Robotic (I almost wonder if these were turned off with LoR, since the dialogues use them.
Sit - Captain Slow
Stand - Rifle
Stand - Rotating
Stand - shotgun idle
Stand - shotgun ready
Stand still (seems the same and no animation at all)

OK, will do T-Z when I can, unless someone else wants to complete this task.

Reminds me: Dialogue boxes are bugged. We totally forgot about that change since LoR. Our characters no longer show emotion.