Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,583
# 41
09-05-2013, 01:26 AM
Those 2 assets are not shown on the main foundry map (the one we use to place the items) :
Forcefield - Broken 01
Forcefield - Horizontal 01


All we have is the small grey dot used to rotate/move the item, but otherwise nothing is shown. It's really annoying when you are trying to place them. It's broken since New Romulus I think.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,331
# 42
09-05-2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
The following animations seem broken:

Draw weapon
Gloat
Hold Tricorder (both versions)
Idle default doesn't seem to idle
Mood - Angry
Mood - Arogant
Mood - Happy
Mood - Neutral
Mood - Robotic (I almost wonder if these were turned off with LoR, since the dialogues use them.
Sit - Captain Slow
Stand - Rifle
Stand - Rotating
Stand - shotgun idle
Stand - shotgun ready
Stand still (seems the same and no animation at all)

OK, will do T-Z when I can, unless someone else wants to complete this task.

Reminds me: Dialogue boxes are bugged. We totally forgot about that change since LoR. Our characters no longer show emotion.
Ha, I was working in the Foundry just last night and was reminded of the dialog emotion bug.

Yeah, I quick loaded these up the animations you listed this morning and I see what you're talking about.

I think you're right about the mood animations. The Mood - Angry was definitly doing the pose but the not the facial expression. I'll probably list this with the dialog bug as it's pretty clearly the same bug.

Stand still seems to be working ad the pose was different than the default Femenin pose my test NPC had. Stand - Rotating seemed to be working (the NPC was standing and slowly rotating back and forth.) I'm a little unsure about idle default as I would expect this to fall back on whatever the NPC's default animation was. How should this work?

Everything else is clearly not doing what the descriptions say they should do. If you get more let me know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Those 2 assets are not shown on the main foundry map (the one we use to place the items) :
Forcefield - Broken 01
Forcefield - Horizontal 01


All we have is the small grey dot used to rotate/move the item, but otherwise nothing is shown. It's really annoying when you are trying to place them. It's broken since New Romulus I think.
Added. I think there are other assets that have this problem, such as the holodeck assets. If anyone knows of any assets that don't have a visual representation in the editor, let me know.


I'm also working on documenting some of the quirkyness related to moving to and from social maps mid-mission. I know that moving to a social map doesn't have any options available, but I also seem to remember a bug related to the button name when entering a custom map after returning to a social map. Need to run a test.

@greendragoon
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,973
# 43
09-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post

Stand still seems to be working ad the pose was different than the default Femenin pose my test NPC had.
Don't forget that there are two stand still emotes. I think only one of them works. They are "Stand - Still" and "Stand Still".

Also, nvm about the clipping on the Borg buildings. I couldn't find it when I tried.

Last edited by kirksplat; 09-05-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,973
# 44
09-05-2013, 11:43 AM
I'd also like to make a list of the space backdrops that have big clipping issues. My question though: Is this clipping caused by the original choice of the map used? I wonder what the easiest and safest way to document it is.

I'm guessing the best way would be to select custom space and then load each backdrop 1 by 1 (and only 1) and see which ones have the clipping, by which I mean the crazy texture fighting and/or spectrum of flickering lines in a space map.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,973
# 45
09-05-2013, 12:32 PM
T-Z ground npc animations that don't work:

Talk- Gesturing

Also tested undine ones with undine ensigns.

Undine - Idle look around (seems broken)

everything else seemed to do something. There are several that are identical, like tricorder scans.

Edit: Also, Klingon door 01 doesn't preview well.

Last edited by kirksplat; 09-05-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 12,144
# 46
09-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Today, I spotted a minor but annoying bug that may have been introduced by the latest patch.

If you have an object selected in the right pane and try to look at the preview of a different object that you've already placed the game will show previews of both objects superimposed on each other.

Not a big issue, but still annoying.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 844
# 47
09-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post

Talk- Gesturing
I can second this. At some point, I can't remember exactly when, they updated some of the animations, and Talk - Gesturing changed to being only mouth moving with no gesturing.

Also Talk - Proud (or it could be another talk that is cocky / arrogant) results in the character spasming between talking and folding their arms. It looks really weird. It definitely happens on female characters. It could be on male as well, but I know it looks weird on female for sure.

In that same change a lot of the typing animations were changed, so now pretty much all of the types are identical to Type & View. It used to be some were just fluid typing. That can suck because sometimes the Type & View animation randomly starts with the view part, and if you use it for an interact animation the character will just end up standing there even if you use the long interact (so you basically can't use it for that).


Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 844
# 48
09-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Are you guys serious that the mood animations are broken again? I remember way back they were broken, but they were eventually fixed. I'm disheartened to hear they were broken a second time.


Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,331
# 49
09-06-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
I'd also like to make a list of the space backdrops that have big clipping issues. My question though: Is this clipping caused by the original choice of the map used? I wonder what the easiest and safest way to document it is.

I'm guessing the best way would be to select custom space and then load each backdrop 1 by 1 (and only 1) and see which ones have the clipping, by which I mean the crazy texture fighting and/or spectrum of flickering lines in a space map.
I'm not 100% sure of the nature of this bug, but I do know it extends beyond the Foundry. Cataloging thost wouldn't be a small task. I know custom made backdrops will clip too. Let me see if I can get some info from CrypticFrost before we dump a ton of effort into cataloging this.

CrypticFrost, if you're reading this, would a full list of backdrops that have clipping issues help, or is it a systemic problem with the way offset is calculated in the backdrops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirksplat View Post
Edit: Also, Klingon door 01 doesn't preview well.
Is this because of it's funky pivot point (which is about 6 feet away from the door, or because it doesn't show up well on the editor map?

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Today, I spotted a minor but annoying bug that may have been introduced by the latest patch.

If you have an object selected in the right pane and try to look at the preview of a different object that you've already placed the game will show previews of both objects superimposed on each other.

Not a big issue, but still annoying.
I think this has been around since LoR but with people up until recently avoiding the right pane, it hasn't been as noticable. The persistant preview objects will also find their way into preview dialog windows and transporter beam-down wondows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
I can second this. At some point, I can't remember exactly when, they updated some of the animations, and Talk - Gesturing changed to being only mouth moving with no gesturing.

Also Talk - Proud (or it could be another talk that is cocky / arrogant) results in the character spasming between talking and folding their arms. It looks really weird. It definitely happens on female characters. It could be on male as well, but I know it looks weird on female for sure.

In that same change a lot of the typing animations were changed, so now pretty much all of the types are identical to Type & View. It used to be some were just fluid typing. That can suck because sometimes the Type & View animation randomly starts with the view part, and if you use it for an interact animation the character will just end up standing there even if you use the long interact (so you basically can't use it for that).
If you can list out animations you know are not behaving the way they are suppose to as well as a note of how they're going wrong, I can get them on the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagorak View Post
Are you guys serious that the mood animations are broken again? I remember way back they were broken, but they were eventually fixed. I'm disheartened to hear they were broken a second time.
I haven't heard about this happening before, but after LoR, mood animations (which are the same ones the dialog boxes use) would still convey the body position, but the facial expression would remain neutral.

Note to self: Check the stand still and Stand - Still animations to see which is breaking.

@greendragoon
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,331
# 50
09-06-2013, 07:27 AM
Also, I almost forgot. With the preview load times bug now fixed, it's been moved to the fixed list.

@greendragoon
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:53 AM.