Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 843
# 11
08-29-2013, 08:22 AM
If it bother you so much roll a rom I did and never looked back

If it doesn't bother you enough to do that then suffer the decloak alpha and smile

Pwe/ cryptic don't care about balance the lockbox started it the romulans will finish it all they care about is bank balance

I love my fed in his andorian beast but wouldn't take it near an erena if someone paid me a million dilithium

Tip for you though make friends with a sci we roms hates them there scis
----=====This is my opinion you don't have to listen and no one else has to read them these "OPINIONS" are based on my exploits and my learning other people will have their opinions and that's fine just don't knock my way of doing things thanks=====----
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 12
08-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthpetersen View Post
Is there a chance, that you can interrupt cloaking if you hit the ship while activating the cloak?
Tractor Beam, PSW, Emission Seeking Torp, Photonic Shockwave Torp. Suddenly, they aren't cloaking anymore! O.o
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 972
# 13
08-29-2013, 09:18 AM
I get your frustration with the Battlecloak, especially as it pretains to Fed vs. Fed matches. It makes Fed vs. Fed matches almost indistinguishable from Fed vs. KDF or KDF vs. KDF space matches.

Shortly before they bumped up the starting level for KDF to Commander, KDF stopped playing KDf vs. KDF space matches with only a few exceptions (private matches being the most noteable). For some reason, players didn't want to play in a match when it was entirely possible that they would all remain cloaked (think an all BOP match). The Romulan cloaking now brings that characteristic to previously non-cloaking Fed vs. Fed matches. Maybe now there can be more KDF vs. KDF space matches.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,772
# 14
08-29-2013, 09:36 AM
I feel the primary issue isn't really the battle cloaks, it's the fact that they give up nothing for them pretty much.

BoPs had the only BCs in the game for a LONG time. They paid for those BCs with much lower shields and hull. They also had the beauty of getting full universal layouts, so they had some pretty big advantages, but if you got caught in battle, you were dead pretty much. A BC could be used, but if you were weak and still getting shot at, you were dead almost guaranteed.

Romulan ships though really don't pay. Sure they are kinda slower in general, worse inertia ratings, and the 'lower' base power level, but honestly...that's all. I mean, with all the turn-rate boosts that have come through, turn isn't a huge deal, while inertia can be dealt with by skill.

The 'lower' power I don't consider a disadvantage, because it's still easy to keep pretty good power levels on a Warbird. Maybe not the extreme level of non-Rom ships, but still good. Plus I don't doubt in the slightest that one day they will release some kind of power creep somethingorother that eliminates any power need they might have.

Yeah...Romulans need to PAY for those cloaks like most other ships have in the past, but they don't.

Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 91
# 15 battlecloaks
08-29-2013, 10:16 AM
I don't know how many pvp are you played but the two most powerfull tactics in pvp contains a ships without battlecloaks. Even If you're lucky on a good team with all cloaks, you probably lose only 15-2 or 15-3 with timeship cheese or cruiserballs premade team. Look on gravity well doff , multiple inversion fields and subnukes , a web mines, 0 crew from the beginning of the match thanks theta vents and than saying something about game balance and battlecloaks
IMO the only thing where you are right is OP Tvaro. Full buffed and with the big red ball (plasma destabilizer) you can destroy instantly everyone who can not react quickly enough (1-2 sec). I saw in the show, that crew of TOS had a lot more time. To much firepower on a small ship. But we know , Cryptic likes these "small beasts" like supertanky jembug ship.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 91
# 16
08-29-2013, 10:34 AM
But OK i have idea on next lock-box console:
Hirogen stealth detector: If activated will reveal all cloaked targets within a radius of 15 km for 5 sec every 15 seconds at the cost of -15 auxiliary power.

Why hirogen? Because they are the most efficient hunters in the Galaxy and they must have something to catch the masked targets.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 294
# 17
08-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassx View Post
I don't know how many pvp are you played but the two most powerfull tactics in pvp contains a ships without battlecloaks. Even If you're lucky on a good team with all cloaks, you probably lose only 15-2 or 15-3 with timeship cheese or cruiserballs premade team. Look on gravity well doff , multiple inversion fields and subnukes , a web mines, 0 crew from the beginning of the match thanks theta vents and than saying something about game balance and battlecloaks
IMO the only thing where you are right is OP Tvaro. Full buffed and with the big red ball (plasma destabilizer) you can destroy instantly everyone who can not react quickly enough (1-2 sec). I saw in the show, that crew of TOS had a lot more time. To much firepower on a small ship. But we know , Cryptic likes these "small beasts" like supertanky jembug ship.
I admit you're right with the t'varios are most over powered, but other warbirds are OP too, as already said they don't have to give up anything for their BC...

Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes! (Link)
Captain
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,204
# 18
08-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassx View Post
Why hirogen? Because they are the most efficient hunters in the Galaxy and they must have something to catch the masked targets.
Hirogen like to set up traps and hide cloaked by them. A cloaked ship shows up and drops cloak to investigate the trap and the hirogen will pounce. If it flies by ignoring the trap the Hirogen wait for other prey.
Join Date: Nobody cares.
"I'm drunk, whats your excuse for being an idiot?" - Unknown drunk man.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,332
# 19
08-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmassx View Post
But OK i have idea on next lock-box console:
Hirogen stealth detector: If activated will reveal all cloaked targets within a radius of 15 km for 5 sec every 15 seconds at the cost of -15 auxiliary power.

Why hirogen? Because they are the most efficient hunters in the Galaxy and they must have something to catch the masked targets.
When the Nebula came out, it was a great counter to cloakers, except that the delay is too long on the ability and for it to really find cloakers it wasn't much with fire support and depended on other Fed's to inflict the damage. The biggest problem is that Fed's cant seem to work together to save their hides.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,137
# 20
08-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
I feel the primary issue isn't really the battle cloaks, it's the fact that they give up nothing for them pretty much.

BoPs had the only BCs in the game for a LONG time. They paid for those BCs with much lower shields and hull. They also had the beauty of getting full universal layouts, so they had some pretty big advantages, but if you got caught in battle, you were dead pretty much. A BC could be used, but if you were weak and still getting shot at, you were dead almost guaranteed.

Romulan ships though really don't pay. Sure they are kinda slower in general, worse inertia ratings, and the 'lower' base power level, but honestly...that's all. I mean, with all the turn-rate boosts that have come through, turn isn't a huge deal, while inertia can be dealt with by skill.

The 'lower' power I don't consider a disadvantage, because it's still easy to keep pretty good power levels on a Warbird. Maybe not the extreme level of non-Rom ships, but still good. Plus I don't doubt in the slightest that one day they will release some kind of power creep somethingorother that eliminates any power need they might have.

Yeah...Romulans need to PAY for those cloaks like most other ships have in the past, but they don't.
Perhaps Romulan Battle Cloaks should be moved off innate and made into universal consoles.

[Console - Universal - Romulan Battle Cloaking Device] or similar.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:01 PM.