Survivor of Romulus
# 11
08-29-2013, 08:35 PM
The Negh'var is our semi adaptable cruiser.

It can work as a beam boat, cannon cruiser, DHC ship, it can Aux2Bat it can Dragon (EPtW1x2, EPtS2x2) It can be the games fiercest looking heal boat.

Good Hull, Good shields, out turns every federation cruiser, has a Cloak. It's everything I think of when I hear the words Klingon Cruiser.

This ship is closer to what the Bortasq should have been.

The difference is 600 hull and the Universal BOFFs and Consoles. But have a good look at the Bortasq it's closer to the Oddy than a Klingon Cruiser. It's got a very low Sci console set, but it doesn't turn like the Klingon Cruisers we're accustomed too, I'm thinking it should have been a 7 or 8 not a 5.5.

The Bortasq is not the ship for me, others out there have made these things into monsters.

The two reasons I wouldn't buy this ship at the moment is my Fleet Starbase is too low, and the rumours of a C-store Negh'var. Because the C-Store might add a Skin, weapon and console with the same BOFF layout much like the Regent did. Although I'm pretty sure the Regent came before the Fleet Assault.
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 12
08-30-2013, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dknight0001 View Post
The Negh'var is our semi adaptable cruiser.

It can work as a beam boat, cannon cruiser, DHC ship, it can Aux2Bat it can Dragon (EPtW1x2, EPtS2x2) It can be the games fiercest looking heal boat.

Good Hull, Good shields, out turns every federation cruiser, has a Cloak. It's everything I think of when I hear the words Klingon Cruiser.

This ship is closer to what the Bortasq should have been.

The difference is 600 hull and the Universal BOFFs and Consoles. But have a good look at the Bortasq it's closer to the Oddy than a Klingon Cruiser. It's got a very low Sci console set, but it doesn't turn like the Klingon Cruisers we're accustomed too, I'm thinking it should have been a 7 or 8 not a 5.5.

The Bortasq is not the ship for me, others out there have made these things into monsters.

The two reasons I wouldn't buy this ship at the moment is my Fleet Starbase is too low, and the rumours of a C-store Negh'var. Because the C-Store might add a Skin, weapon and console with the same BOFF layout much like the Regent did. Although I'm pretty sure the Regent came before the Fleet Assault.
The C-Store Regent came before the starbase / fleet ship system was implemented, IIRC. I also remember player irritation that the released Regent was a weaker form of the Regent that was tested on Tribble... and the Tribble version ended up being sold separately from the Regent as the Fleet Sovereign that we know today.

Double dipping by Cryptic!
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
08-30-2013, 07:59 AM
So the question is than what could the rumored C-store Negh'var be?

Can't really change the BOFF layout from the Fleet variant, not much point giving us the same ship as the Free T5 version.

If it's going to be a Fed style cruiser better off using the Marauder than the Negh'var. Could this mean a new T5 Cruiser and it's Fleet variant?
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 14
08-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwford View Post
That is actually easier than you think. Just fly into and aggro the largest group of enemies, don't shoot back, and don't use you powers.
As I said, you actually have to be TRYING to fail with one =P
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 15
08-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
So the question is than what could the rumored C-store Negh'var be?

Can't really change the BOFF layout from the Fleet variant, not much point giving us the same ship as the Free T5 version.

If it's going to be a Fed style cruiser better off using the Marauder than the Negh'var. Could this mean a new T5 Cruiser and it's Fleet variant?
Or maybe something in between the T5 and the Fleet varient. I hope that if they do release a C-store Negh'Var, it is named the Voodieh and has the cannon barrel from "All Good Things..." (TNG) and "Endgame" (VOY) along with the underslung rails (or pods) seen on both Regency 1 and in "Endgame" (VOY) Add to that, I would like to see it have a special Negh'Var/Qu'Daj/Voodeih universal console much like the other ships have.
Commander
# 16
08-30-2013, 08:30 PM
I played around with the Negh'Var quite a bit on my old KDF Eng (now retired and enjoying the good life). I tried a number of different builds but finally went with a classic Beam Boat/Tank. The Negh'var can be made quite nimble and I found that using standard cruiser beam tactics it's better turn rate maximized the tankiness as I could keep moving, circling and weaving so that I was constantly coming around to broad side on one or the other side while spreading the defense more across all shields. I quite liked my Negh'Var... I think it's about time a rolled a new Klingon and earned another one...
ZOE: "Sir! You paid money for this?... on purpose??"

KIRK: "Excuse me... what does God need with a starship?"
Captain
# 17
08-30-2013, 08:45 PM
Never found a reason to use it myself, the Bortasqu and Fleet Torkaht are better for DPS, and the Fleet Corsair makes a better healer.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
# 18
08-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warmaker001b View Post
The C-Store Regent came before the starbase / fleet ship system was implemented, IIRC. I also remember player irritation that the released Regent was a weaker form of the Regent that was tested on Tribble... and the Tribble version ended up being sold separately from the Regent as the Fleet Sovereign that we know today.

Double dipping by Cryptic!
The Regent was released Aug. 16 last year, after the start of Season 6. The Fleet Assault Cruiser was released at the end of November.

Which means that yes, the Regent is a $20 ship with a $5 torpedo. (In that the extra $5 to justify it being at the price point of the Odyssey, Scimitar, et al. has to come from somewhere...)

Last edited by mandoknight89; 08-30-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
09-03-2013, 08:10 AM
At first I wanted to go Fleet Tor'khat for my eng, but now I'm getting keen on the Fleet Negh'var.
Survivor of Romulus
# 20
09-04-2013, 05:09 AM
Quote:
What rumours have you heard?