Captain
http://www.mognation.com/Articles-de...-daniel-stahl/

Quote:
MNG: How do you feel about the general direction of the Foundry?

DS: It still feels like it is just getting started and it really does still feel like a Beta. This is mostly because Cryptic continues to learn and improve on how the tools work and how our users interact with the system. With the launch of Neverwinter, the Foundry has taken a huge step forward in scope and we are starting to see epic scale projects that once again show the power of the people. This has caused use to evaluate and scrutinize the plans we had for the Foundry in STO to ensure we are moving in the right direction.

As we begin the process of converting all the new goodies for use in STO, we are finding that there are many features we want to bring over. This probably means that it is going to take longer than expected before the STO Foundry is on par with what they have in Neverwinter, but it is still our goal.
Hahahahaha... Please look at my mission DStahl. I still can't publish because of your "huge step forward".

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
IMO: Season 9 was the best season, Devs were right to focus on bugfixing. Roll back Delta Rising to that.
Career Officer
# 2
08-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Indeed I still cannot continue with my foundry missions as the preview window takes so incredibly long to load on top of the other random bugs, just not worth the effort.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjohnsonva View Post
Indeed I still cannot continue with my foundry missions as the preview window takes so incredibly long to load on top of the other random bugs, just not worth the effort.
Have you tried the workarounds? I need to wait around 30 seconds to a minute to do a review. Both for my new high-end and 5 year old laptop..
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
08-29-2013, 09:48 AM
Compared to our version of the Foundry, Neverwinter's is a huge step forward.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 5
08-29-2013, 10:26 AM
To finish Stoutes' thought here is the thread with the workaround http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=808041

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Thank you Zorbane, I posted my post at the time I was packing my stuff to go home.
^^ I am Stoutes, and I approve of my message (and inb4exploit!) ^^
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-29-2013, 10:38 AM
BUT the thing is, we shouldn't have to use a workaround, that was figured out by the community no less, over 3 WEEKS ago.

Neverwinter got a major Foundry update last week.
Neverwinter's Foundry broke majorly (you may pretend to be shocked) and editing turned off
The difference is
They worked over the <edit> weekend.
They had it back up and functional at the beginning of the week.

I find it unacceptable that Neverwinter can be gifted with such response times to their issues, whereas every time the Foundry is broken for us, we are 'lucky' that we regain functionality within 10 days, let alone 3 months.

Last edited by castsbugc; 08-29-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
08-29-2013, 11:27 AM
What can I say, Cast. No where in the Cryptic corporate mission statement does it say, "We will put equial resources into all of our properties." We're not the favorite child, but we aren't the worst one off. (I'd hate to be a PVPer right now.) It is what it is. The only thing we can control is our own actions and how we deal with it.

@greendragoon
Career Officer
# 9
08-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreendragoon1 View Post
What can I say, Cast. No where in the Cryptic corporate mission statement does it say, "We will put equial resources into all of our properties." We're not the favorite child, but we aren't the worst one off. (I'd hate to be a PVPer right now.) It is what it is. The only thing we can control is our own actions and how we deal with it.
We should expect some sort of "life support service" that fixes critical bugs like the 5 minute preview load time, and as Cast says when the foundry was completely down we had to wait over a month until the foundry is back.

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan
Career Officer
# 10
08-29-2013, 11:53 AM
Oh here's a new one. Logintimeout_2

No further info, Booted to Login.

Frak it
I'm done.

Cast is right.

The treatment of the Foundry is STO is unacceptable.
It's time to stop acting all sunshine and rainbows, and start asking for some ACTUAL answers.
We won't get them. But .... HOW FREAKING LONG HAS THE FOUNDRY BEEN BROKEN without any real comment from the team ?
It's unacceptable when we are forced to watch Neverwinter receive fixes over a weekend so that their Foundry doesn't stay broken, when we're going on 3 months of a broken Foundry, with little to no Dev comment.

HUGE STEPS FORWARD , Indeed !
Loving these HUGE steps forward.

Another game receiving all the care and dedication it needs based on years worth of feedback from this community, while we get table scraps and told to like it.

Neverwinter got some Huge steps forward.
We got ignored ...

... AS usual.

Frustrated,
- John

Last edited by hippiejon; 08-29-2013 at 12:42 PM.