Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Republic Veteran
# 31
08-30-2013, 04:42 AM
I'm looking forward to this new carrier whether it's Voth, Dewan, Iconian or whatever. I also cannot wait for a female Voth officer and putting enormous breasts on her.
Republic Veteran
# 32
08-30-2013, 04:51 AM
Well it says ancient carrier to a race related to the Iconions.

Captain
# 33
08-30-2013, 04:52 AM
Speculation:

Mirror Vo'quv clone, maybe with a small boff change and an additional tactical console,.

2 hangers. Frigate pet as well as standard pet.

Turn rate: pregnant whale.

Powerful hull and shields.

If we are lucky, 7 weapon slots, but they'll probably stick to 6.

Thats my speculation at least.
Not knowing something isn't a sign of stupidity, not asking is.
WE NEED THE EXCELSIOR ERA BRIDGES INGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Undine of Ganalda - a forum light RP game
Proud leader of Delta Task Force
Republic Veteran
# 34
08-30-2013, 05:27 AM
This new carrier will probably be your standard layout, 6 weapon slots and 9 console. Cryptic will likely introduce a 3-pack in the c-store with enhanced systems. I'll buy that for 50 dolla!

I have a doubt that it will be Elachi. The devs said that it will bridge the gap between the tier 5 cutscene and the new content. I didn't see any Elachi in that cutscene nor have the devs mentioned the Elachi being major players in the new content.
Career Officer
# 35
08-30-2013, 05:38 AM
http://sto.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_co...Late_September
Quote:
New stand-alone feature episode as teaser for Seasons 8 & 9
*Player will use Iconian Gateway found on New Romulus
*Will reward a Voth carrier-ship
I take anything on the wiki with a grain of salt. Lots of stuff there outdated and/or missing info.

And a LOT of speculation. Further down the page:
Quote:
Foundry Improvements: Possible: Foundry faction in Reputation System ("first half of 2013")
Riiiiiight. We're past the fist half of the year and no such thing. Don't trust the wiki. Only trust was has been officially stated by Cryptic. If you can post a link to back up your claims then do so. Otherwise it's nothing more than rumors.
Self Portrait

Last edited by monkeybone13; 08-30-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Rihannsu
# 36
08-30-2013, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybone13 View Post
I take anything on the wiki with a grain of salt. Lots of stuff there outdated and/or missing info.
Oh really?

Quote:
We also have a very special Feature Episode, similar to Temporal Ambassador, which will act as a prequel to Season 8. This episode will directly follow the events that unfolded in the Romulan Reputation cut-scenes and will end with a sneak peak at what is coming in Season 8.
We?ll keep the settings on stun and talk about the exclusive new alien ship that we are working on as a special reward for completing the new Feature Episode releasing in September.

This ancient, full-Carrier vessel uses subspace technology and was created by an alien race that may be related to the Iconians. As captains venture into the new feature episode, they?ll learn more about where this ship comes and get a chance to captain it in combat.
http://www.onrpg.com/articles/star-t...-daniel-stahl/

In short that was referenced, the wiki does have a lot of referenced material and everything it states come out from a developers mouth at one point, not something they made up.

Considering we were given a specific timeframe its very easy to verify, we will know a month from now.
Romulans ...
You start your career off as a simple farmer... then you launch yourself into a galaxy filled with intrigue, power plays, and high stakes games of interstellar conflict, as your career careens upwards onto your final destination ... a level capped Dilithium and Fleet Mark Farmer!
Republic Veteran
# 37
08-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
No, it is not. Tacofang has confirmed that the Elachi and the aliens from Schisms are two completely different races. The Elachi were only in the Silent Enemy episode from Enterprise.
I can't help they flip flop on things...
Republic Veteran
# 38
08-30-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunseahl View Post
Again... I point to the fact that BOTH sources never explicitly state "Voth Carrier"

Although it is a high probability that it could be, there is also the slight possibility that it could not be Voth and could be another species entirely...

After all we're talking about a Featured Episode involving the Dewans.... who knows how many of them escaped Dewa III only to build this massive Dyson Sphere and eventually create ships that could be warp capable, even transwarp capable.
What is this then?

Quote:
Will reward a Voth carrier-ship
That certainly sounds that it's explicitly stated that it's a carrier from the Voth.
Republic Veteran
# 39
08-30-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
What is this then?

That certainly sounds that it's explicitly stated that it's a carrier from the Voth.
The Wiki isn't a end all be all...it could be wrong...someone could of put Voth down there simply because the Voth are coming and assume we get one of their ships.

The Voth are so old they're like even Pre-Iconian...so until the devs might come out and say its a Voth carrier I don't think I'll believe it.
Commander
# 40
08-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blassreiterus View Post
What is this then?

You're certainly a lazy one, arnt'cha? I've just said... BOTH sources that that statement points to as reference...

DO NOT EXPLICITLY STATE "VOTH CARRIER"

THEY SAY "ALIEN CARRIER"

Look at both sources yourself.... then tell me i'm wrong.