Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 41
08-30-2013, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
I can't help they flip flop on things...
They never flip flopped. The scisms connection was player speculation because of similar activities between the two. Devs never confirmed that speculation, a two month delay in denying it is not the same as confirming it.
Lieutenant
# 42
08-30-2013, 09:03 AM
Regardless which faction this carrier really s.
I am wondering since the Carrier UI revamp, that this update looks to large for only two hangar carriers.
I think it is not unrealistic that we probably get a super carrier.
With a 3:2(?) Weapon Config and 4 Hangars or 2 Normal Hangars and Hangar reserved for support crafts.
Something like this, because the new Carrier Ui simply asks to control more then 2 squadrons/hangars?!
Republic Veteran
# 43
08-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Give me 10 mins and the Wiki is going to tell us we are getting ponies and Unicorns for a reward....then it will be a FACT

Paid for by the down with Bajor Party
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
08-30-2013, 09:32 AM
It needs to be nerfed! Whatever it is! Too many carriers! Too many colors! It's console breaks PvP! There, saying it now before the rush
Super Moderator
# 45
08-30-2013, 09:37 AM
I know I've seen official Dev commentary that it would be an alien carrier and that it would be available for free.

Other than that, I haven't seen any firm details. Since the FE is supposed to bridge the New Romulus storyline with what we now know is the Dyson Sphere, and we've been told that involves the Voth, then a Voth carrier is not too much of a stretch.

But I'd wait for the Dev Blog before anyone decides to nerd rage. This is all just speculation.

PS. Title changed to remove the more speculative element
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek

Last edited by bluegeek; 08-30-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Commander
# 46
08-30-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Confirmed at the STLV Dev Panel.
I was at that panel, I do not recall them ever saying the carrier would be Voth...
Captain
# 47
08-30-2013, 01:36 PM
Thanks for the title change.

Well what ever type the ship is I hope its interesting
Republic Veteran
# 48
08-30-2013, 03:03 PM
I for one hope it is a Dewan carrier, mainly because they seem to be the last species in this quadrant to have had dealings with the iconians and were trying to get through the gate/s, maybe some got through, who knows, but all I know is I'd live to have loads of E.T. Boffs running around my ship lol (I swear they look like E.T.s species )
Career Officer
# 49
08-30-2013, 11:25 PM
If there's one thing I wish for with this ship, it's good customization options. I know interchangeable parts are too much to ask for, but please give us full control over the hull color and glowy bits color, as with the Corvette.

Spoiled by the Corvette, right? But I want my KDF characters to be able to make this ship look Klingon, with a drab green hull and red glows; and I want my Fed characters to be able to give the ship a gray hull and blue glows. Regardless of what shape it is.
Commander
# 50
08-31-2013, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spartanofborg View Post
I for one hope it is a Dewan carrier, mainly because they seem to be the last species in this quadrant to have had dealings with the iconians and were trying to get through the gate/s, maybe some got through, who knows, but all I know is I'd live to have loads of E.T. Boffs running around my ship lol (I swear they look like E.T.s species )
I am wondering...

Warning, Spoilers ahead!

In the final scene of the Iconian recording at the end of the Romulan Rep mission chain, it appears that someone is attacking the Iconians. Who is this someone? Could be important... -Highlight text to read