Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-30-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathidphoenix View Post
You guys actually call these lance fixes? They still do a minimum of 100k damage. I don't know any ship that can survive that. That's a stop-gap, not a fix. The actual problem with them isn't being touched upon... wow... I'm actually a little unimpressed with the cryptic team this time...
It's supposed to kill you in one shot, just like Donatra's thalaron pulse and the plasma energy bolts in red alerts. The trick is to NOT get hit by it.
Republic Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagius View Post
It's supposed to kill you in one shot, just like Donatra's thalaron pulse and the plasma energy bolts in red alerts. The trick is to NOT get hit by it.
Lol. I know, I was using the exaggeration for dramatics. I feel like it's a situation like CE. CE has an insta-death attack but is much more workable. The plasma lances aren't. I've been in groups with veteran players and still seen team wipes just from that attack. That implies there's something seriously wrong. If the devs want to make an enemy have an incredibly powerful attack, they can do so! I say great, but give the players a way to work around it. there's a reason why Hive (Space) is played the least of the borg stfs. If players can't figure out a way to not take massive damage often from the ships, they're still not going to play it. At least CE has a warning about its attack happening. If people get killed there, it's because they chose to ignore the warning. In Hive, it's just 'lets go in and get killed no matter what we do most of the time'.

And Dontara's thalaron pulse isn't an insta-death attack. On the off chance that I actually get hit by it now, it doesn't kill me outright anymore... but a shot or two from her later might finish the job. Plus you get a warning for that attack too.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-30-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsnapped View Post
[*]Captains are no longer targeted by the Lance Weapons from the Unimatrix vessels when:
  • They are affected by Under the Guns.
  • They are further than 20k away from the vessels.
  • They are using Full Impulse.
  • They are cloaked.
This fix seems to address the problem we had with the lances, which is that they'd shoot as soon as you respawned, before you could get to the "Safe Zone"

respawn, cloak and/or hit full impulse, then gun it to the queen before the lances can hit you.

Thanks for the fix Devs

Now if something can be done about the Crystalline Entity's new tendency to camp the spawn point (since yesterday it seems) we'll be good.
Lieutenant
# 14
08-30-2013, 05:49 PM
Some of these adjustments are fine (mostly range). However, cloaking shouldn't give any protection from lances (ships with battle cloaks already have enough advantages, they don't need yet another). HSE's current difficulty level is fine, the problem is with players who are unwilling to adapt to the game...
Starfleet Veteran
# 15
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
You forgot to fix lance weapons blowing you to hell when your beside the queen (As per the in mission instructions to stay near the queen to avoid being targeted)...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 16
08-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagius View Post
Now if something can be done about the Crystalline Entity's new tendency to camp the spawn point (since yesterday it seems) we'll be good.
I don't mind the entity moving, it gets it away from the bloody planet.
Ensign
# 17
08-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
You forgot to fix lance weapons blowing you to hell when your beside the queen (As per the in mission instructions to stay near the queen to avoid being targeted)...
That's what "Under The Guns" is.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
I don't mind the entity moving, it gets it away from the bloody planet.
having the entity away from the planet is a good thing, but having it beeline right away to the spawn point is a bit much. Fortunately, it's not happening every time.

I was able to deal, but I have what some people would call a p2w setup (despite grinding it all for free - but i digress), others may have a lot more problems.
Lieutenant
# 19
08-30-2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpacknz View Post
If you died in HSE while hugging the queen during the 2nd phase you either:
-killed yourself with damage reflected back by FBP(you need high DPS for that, obviously)
-got smashed by Torpedo Spread III(which if i remember correctly, deals 3x20k base damage, so you need at least Tactical Team up at the moment of impact to survive it)
Both of these aren't unavoidable instakills.
If a lance hits you when you have the "Under the Guns" buff it will deal no damage. As I've said before - the problem wasn't with the instance, it was with people not willing to adapt their builds/strategies.
Career Officer
# 20
08-30-2013, 07:12 PM
Not so sound so harsh here but when are you guys going to get on with the fixing of the romulan republic outfit 1 that has been turn to moosh and is clipping everything in site be fixed? I mean really.
Like my Fan Page Here
xXLocutusXx