Commander
# 1 Why do people hate Neelix?
12-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Title. I mean, going purely by STO, I can see how some players might be annoyed by him, but he was a great character on Voyager (though not necessarily the best choice for an episodic focus), his personality is distinct...it just seems to me like the universal Neelix-hate is a bit extreme...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie
Lieutenant
# 2
12-20-2014, 11:56 AM
Neelix is the Jar Jar of Star Trek.
Empire Veteran
# 3
12-20-2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
Title. I mean, going purely by STO, I can see how some players might be annoyed by him, but he was a great character on Voyager (though not necessarily the best choice for an episodic focus), his personality is distinct...it just seems to me like the universal Neelix-hate is a bit extreme...
He was always cramping Tuvok's smooth style and embarrassing Janeway. Nelix was good comedic relief but at times, much too serious and cynical when he recalled the attack on his planet.
Commander
# 4
12-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoisalizard View Post
You're gonna have to contest a lot more than that to convince me of this conclusion. At least Neelix looks pretty normal, talks pretty normal, acts pretty normal and can be walked away from easily.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lie
Captain
# 5
12-20-2014, 12:05 PM
Because he changed skincolor all the time...

I hate bad makeup...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Captain
# 6
12-20-2014, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiloace View Post
It's got nothing to do with his STO portrayal and everything to do with his VOY portrayal. He's a horrible chef whose kitchen is a Health Department nightmare (seriously, he is the only person on the entire ship who is on record as actually liking his cooking and he disabled the ship with his cheese), a flaming liar, and makes drastic modifications to ship systems without asking permission. And that's from just the first half of season one.
Useful Links for Foundry Writers | STO standalone installer

Quote:
We therefore commit his body to the deep, to be turned into corruption, looking for the resurrection of the body when the stars shall give up their dead.
Captain
# 7
12-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geckoisalizard View Post
I'd lean more toward him being an Ewok, he wasn't quite Jar Jar in my humble opinion. But much like the Ewoks created a /facepalm within the Force, Neelix created a /facepalm in the Delta Quadrant.
Willard the Rat, Klingon, Sci (60), U.S.S. Tong Vey, Geneva Command Battlecruiser (FT6), Inner Circle
Meena, Ferasan, Tac (60), I.K.S. vagh SuD bas, B'rel Retrofit Bird-of-Prey (T5U), Ho'ragh
[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build

Career Officer
# 8
12-20-2014, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
I'd lean more toward him being an Ewok, he wasn't quite Jar Jar in my humble opinion. But much like the Ewoks created a /facepalm within the Force, Neelix created a /facepalm in the Delta Quadrant.
I think of Neelix as a space-herpes from Ice Pirates.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
12-20-2014, 12:20 PM
He is the C3P0 of Star trek.

What truly made me believe that Anakin/ Darth Vader was evil is that he made 3P0.

Just think of all the pain that robot has caused.
Career Officer
# 10
12-20-2014, 12:21 PM
I asked that same question a while back, and I got some...interesting answers.