Captain
# 1021
11-25-2013, 12:06 PM
I'm surprised this thread is still being bumped up. I honestly didn't expect it to last to 100 pages, much less 2 months.
Captain
# 1022
11-25-2013, 12:26 PM
Doom is stronger than the neighsayers say it is.

Neigh is stronger than the doomsayers say it is.

There is always a market for sarcastic negativity (look at the sit-coms on TV if you don't believe me).
Captain
# 1023
11-25-2013, 12:30 PM
Seasons, Errors, OP and Nerfs come and go...

But DOOM is eternal.
----
Yeager-Type; add it as a Federation 'Raider' and watch KDF players go crazy...

Queued Events alone do not player participation bring...
Captain
# 1024
11-25-2013, 07:36 PM
(Lobby)
Receptionist: Yes? What can I do for you?
Customer: I'd like to get doomed.
Receptionist: Oh, you want Room 1A.
Customer: Thank you.

(Room 1A)
Customer: Hello, I'd like to --
Man behind desk: Of course you would. We all would like to. And what if we can't? Have you considered that, you bleedin' stupid git? No! And then you go and whine and whine and moan and groan about the unfairness of it all. Pity pity pity. Apathetic lot, aren't you?
Customer: Look! I just wanted to get doomed!
Man behind desk: Oh! This is the room for complaints. You want Room 1B.
Customer: Thank you. (leaves)
Man behind desk: Loser.

(Room 1B)
Customer: Hello, I'd like to --
Man behind desk: No, you wouldn't.
Customer: How do you know that? I haven't even told you --
Man behind desk: Don't bother. I know your font.
Customer: My what?
Man behind desk: Your pitch.
Customer: Oh -- you mean my type.
Man behind desk: That's what I said.
Customer: No, you didn't. You said font.
Man behind desk: Don't correct me when I'm arguing a pointless point.
Customer: But I don't want an argument.
Man behind desk: Oh, of course you don't. You waltz in here like a drunk kangaroo, and expect to be treated as if you were Priscilla of the Desert. Well, you won't. Not here, not now, not from me. Don't give me that namby-pamby I-hate-ABBA-except-when-I'm-behind-your-back. You know you love them. And the Bee-Gees. You just can't come out of the closet and admit it. Next thing I know you'll be saying --
Customer: That I want to get doomed.
Man behind desk: Oh! This is the room for criticism. You want Room 1C.
Customer: Thank you. (leaves)
Man behind desk: He'll never amount to anything. Just another useless waste of human flesh. If only this had been a cheese shop instead.

(Room 1C)
Customer: Hello, I'd like to get doomed.
Man behind desk: No problem. (presses button on desk, hole opens up beneath customer and they fall straight down to Hell) We aim to please.
Captain
# 1025
11-25-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by my1alts2alt3 View Post
So...going by the forums...it seems that about a quarter of the players have no bug issues, a quarter have some bug issues but can play, a quarter have some bug issues and cant play, and the last quarter of players refuse to play. So about half the players are not playing? I wont even boot my client for fear of the patches doing something to my toons.
The forums are often hit by the most passionate players - which often means loudest and angriest. Which is why this thread exists, because a LOT of players find the repeated speculation that STO is going to close because of problems X Y Z and they're going to leave to be far more depressing than any problem we've found in-game.

Boot your client. Chances are if you have a problem then it's not really going to do much server-side, and at least you'll be able to post a bug report.
Captain
# 1026
11-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still being bumped up. I honestly didn't expect it to last to 100 pages, much less 2 months.
I suspect a lot of people - myself included - find a lot of the doomsdaying on the forums and on certain chat channels to be far more depressing and discouraging than the vast majority of problems in the game itself.

In short, they're fed up, and this is a small corner of the forums where they can express their own rage. Ironically, rage over raging.
Republic Veteran
# 1027
11-25-2013, 07:47 PM
WOW DOOM OVER 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Cue Music*

AAHOOOOOOOHHHH WHAT A RUSH!!!

Last edited by neoakiraii; 11-25-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Career Officer
# 1028
11-25-2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegeta50024 View Post
This thread is similar to a thread we had in City of Heroes. In CoH we called it our "Rude Tells" thread.

Much like we've been policing ourselves here to stay in the forum rules, the CoH players did the same in their "Rude Tells" thread.

We shared funny stories involving rude players we encountered and we always kept other peoples names anonymous so we could keep the thread alive.

And just like here we had our share of haters that tried to get the thread closed but the mods saw how we refused to be baited and they'd come in when necessary and moderate the haters attempts to sabotage the thread.

(I honestly think a large portion of the haters of that thread were players that recognized themselves in the anonymous stories and hated being laughed at.)

By the time the game shut down the "Rude Tells" thread had run for nearly 4 years, was over a thousand pages long with nearly ten thousand posts and three times as many visitors that just enjoyed reading our collective stories.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Career Officer
# 1029
11-25-2013, 08:58 PM
One can not just "shut down" DOOM...

It takes a special act of an all-knowing deity too even attempt to even contain DOOM.

None here are worthy of such a task.

...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4.5 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Captain
# 1030
11-25-2013, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
One can not just "shut down" DOOM...

It takes a special act of an all-knowing deity too even attempt to even contain DOOM.

None here are worthy of such a task.

I dunno - the SCP Foundation has been pretty successful at containing DOOOOOOMMM!! so far. And usually, they don't even need anything as nasty as Procedure 110-Montauk!
-------------------------------------------
I'm old enough not to care too much about what you think of me --
But I'm young enough to remember the future, the way things ought to be...

- Rush, "Cut To the Chase", Counterparts