Career Officer
Right now the only way to Earn Fleet marks are:

Fleet Events
Defera
Commendation Exchange
And Dilithium Mine (18 Marks).

And dunno about you, but I'm sick of the Fleet Events, especially when they are full of AFKers, Moochers, and ..... PetaQ. (FYI, some small fleets don't have the luxury of using the Private Queue since due to not enough players).

Come on Cryptic, open up Fleet Mark Earnings via DOFF system (that isn't the Commendation Exchange) so we can advance without playing the same thing over and over. That or an alternate way of upgrading our Fleets.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!
Expansion 2 - Delta Rising: Welcome to Tier 6, where everything is now obsolete. Have fun with the new Crafting!

Last edited by azurianstar; 08-27-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-27-2013, 11:03 PM
duty officer assignments for fleet marks
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-28-2013, 12:12 AM
Maybe the next season might include some new ways for us to earn marks.

I always worry that they will one-day nerf (again) the Deferi invasion zone.

Captain
# 4
08-28-2013, 01:50 AM
Would also be nice if they could fix the defera bugs, since I started doing defera about 6 months ago I have not seen 1 of the MANY mission breaking bugs fixed, but a new bug does seem to pop up about once a month.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Right now the only way to Earn Fleet marks are:

Fleet Events
Defera
Commendation Exchange
And Dilithium Mine (18 Marks).

And dunno about you, but I'm sick of the Fleet Events, especially when they are full of AFKers, Moochers, and ..... PetaQ. (FYI, some small fleets don't have the luxury of using the Private Queue since due to not enough players).

Come on Cryptic, open up Fleet Mark Earnings via DOFF system (that isn't the Commendation Exchange) so we can advance without playing the same thing over and over. That or an alternate way of upgrading our Fleets.
They already do this. You need to max out your DOff streams and you can access missions in which you can trade excess CXP for Fleet Marks.

Stop whining. I made 5000 Fleet marks on each of my characters this way.
Fleet Affiliations:
FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
08-28-2013, 09:35 AM
I'd like to see some sort of mark exchange, like the dil / zen exchange. There's a lot of non-fleet players building up massive reserves of fleet marks they have no use for, due to those PVE missions that give those 5 marks in addition to the rep marks. I know you can invite them to your fleet and basically buy them off them, but I'd like to see something more streamlined where everyone gets what they want or need.
Captain
# 7
08-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1051 View Post
I'd like to see some sort of mark exchange, like the dil / zen exchange. There's a lot of non-fleet players building up massive reserves of fleet marks they have no use for, due to those PVE missions that give those 5 marks in addition to the rep marks. I know you can invite them to your fleet and basically buy them off them, but I'd like to see something more streamlined where everyone gets what they want or need.
I totally agree. I have accumulated a boatload of Fleet Marks on my characters due to the DOFF assignments. I would gladly exchange them for EC, dilithium, Latinum, or reputation marks. Heck, I would trade them at a substantial loss (say 10 Fleet Marks for 1). It jsut seems that Fleet Marks have become the new Marks of Valor/Courage/Emblems from the launch of the game. The only difference is that you can only use them on fleet projects. Dilithium/EC/Latinum is more valuable to me.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-28-2013, 02:17 PM
I actually got rid of mine quite quickly after they fixed the DOff contributions to fleet starbase projects. I ended up doing only Engineering Construction Projects, Practice Tactical Exercises, and Theoretical Modelling Projects only. Buy a whole bunch of cheap Rare DOffs, send them through the DOff grinder, then fill out the missions, sell the common civilians for EC, lather rinse repeat.

Now I'm in need of more Fleet Marks but I have a Starbase Level 2 to show for it.
Fleet Affiliations:
FED: Royal Federation Mounted Starfleet: SB3, TAC3, ENG3, SCI3, Win, Int, DOff(T/E/S/B)
KDF: Parliamentary Klingon Empire: SB2, TAC2, ENG2, SCI2, Win, DOff(T)

Interested in joining? Please send a PM to @Tahna_Los.
Captain
# 9
08-28-2013, 02:31 PM
CXP conversion is the BEST way to earn massive amounts of fleet marks. You need to have several toons and good rosters to get lots though.

I have earned min 100,000 fleet marks this way
Career Officer
# 10
08-29-2013, 04:15 PM
add more choice of marks like Omega marks nice you have everything filled out what sets you want it would be nice to have a choice of fleet marks as well