Go Back   Star Trek Online > Test Servers > Tribble - Announcements and Release Notes
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
09-03-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Wow... Maybe the KHG uniforms and the jem hadar body armor costume for kdf toons is next. Hopefully anyways.
Thats a thing?
Career Officer
# 12
09-03-2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuskin67 View Post
Thats a thing?
The armor from the Mk XII Jem'Hadar ground set- from the Lobi store- has a nice visual that apparently doesn't work on KDF players. And some parts of the KHG Mk XII costume are missing for some players.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
09-03-2013, 07:20 PM
We were informed by Branflakes in another section of the forums that a fix for the long load times in the Foundry map preview is live with this build.

First, I have tested this by doing the things that seemed to cause the long load times in the past, namely adding objects or npcs from the right-hand menu. I'm happy to report that all load times were under 20 seconds no matter what I added. Not sure how it will respond in the live environment with more concurrent Foundry users, but there's no way to know that and it may not even be a factor. So for now, it seems kudos are in order. Thanks for this fix.

Second, this change was not in the patch notes. There has been a rash of Foundry updates lately that have not made it into the patch notes, neither on Tribble nor on Holodeck. This includes the Romulan costume creator options and non-functional Romulan mission creation ability and more. The Foundry Roundtable crew (led by me in this case to be perfectly honest) had a big discussion on this in the episode of our podcast that went live just yesterday that this does a disservice to the community, especially when there are things that need to be tested by authors. If it isn't in the patch notes, how do we know to come test it for you? Please look into whomever should be providing this information and make sure they get it to you to be put in the patch notes. Thank you.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-03-2013, 11:21 PM
Since you guys are currently at it and fix the older bugs, when can the KDF finally see it's Marauding-Rank-4-Boff getting fixed? As a reminder: Those boffs can't be edited at the tailor at all, every change you TRY to apply even the slightest change gets undone at once.

The Fed counterpart, the Diplomacy-Rank-4-Boffs, work just fine in this regard.

After all, we were told two years ago that "top men are working on it", right here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
Thanks guys, top men are on it.

Last edited by thorodal; 09-03-2013 at 11:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 15
09-03-2013, 11:54 PM
  • The floor hazard will no longer kill players during cutscenes.
nice whould be that we could put all this cutscrenes ... in a Window so we still can play and dont have to wait till the Viedeo is over ...

and that for all that are ingame only the 1. time we see them maybe not
Level 50 Cpts: W-T-Riker; Jadzia; Sharan; K'Dhan; T-W-Riker; T'Pok; Ehrehin; Shanara; Karana; Lukara
Subscribed For: 1200 Days 23-08-2013
Republic Veteran
# 16
09-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by contrarydecision View Post
This is honestly a pretty bad post and shouldn't of been made. It screams of pettiness. By all appearances the Bortasqu' and Odyssey uniforms are removed due to a bug where Romulans were able to purchase them but not consistently use them. While the KDF are getting access to the robes because a long standing bug since the Embassy came out prevented them from buying them.

Stop trying to suggest someone else get screwed over just because you lost something you couldn't even properly use in the first place.
Bortas was fully functional, at least until they removed it. And I'm glad KDF got access to the Senate Robe, enabling them to finally get the outfit they've been promised.

However it should still be allowed to point out the inconsistency within this move: While Starfleet and KDF officers have/get access to both, Romulans are down one outfit. You might consider that pettiness, but I do care and want my Romulans to have the same options as everyone else has.

Last edited by schneemann83; 09-04-2013 at 02:20 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 17
09-04-2013, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann83 View Post
Bortas was fully functional, at least until they removed it. And I'm glad KDF got access to the Senate Robe, enabling them to finally get the outfit they've been promised.

However it should still be allowed to point out the inconsistency within this move: While Starfleet and KDF officers have/get access to both, Romulans are down one outfit. You might consider that pettiness, but I do care and want my Romulans to have the same options as everyone else has.
As far as I know the Bortas uniform was missing it's skirt option, just like the KHG is missing it's Be'ves option (the cleavage window) right now.
Republic Veteran
# 18
09-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thorodal View Post
As far as I know the Bortas uniform was missing it's skirt option, just like the KHG is missing it's Be'ves option (the cleavage window) right now.
Well "fully functional" as "same features KDF gets from the unlock".

The Bortas skirt is missing for KDF as well (along some other stuff the Starbase mannequins show, and was indeed also missing for KDF aligned Romulans).
Republic Veteran
# 19
09-04-2013, 03:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schneemann83 View Post

The Senate Robe isn't a "uniform". Romulans should not under any circumstance be able to set a Federation or KDF uniform to wear, nor should the Federation or KDF be able to wear designated Romulan uniforms.

If you want to wear a specific factions uniform, roll a character of that faction.
Captain
# 20
09-04-2013, 08:09 AM
The subterfuge boff stealth value is stacking again, the bug got reintroduced in some post-LoR updates. Please take a look
John Sheridan@playhard88 - FED Tactical
Vin Naftero@playhard88 - FED Sciencie
K'tan@playhard88 - KDF Tactical
Argento@playhard88 - RRF Tactical (FED)