Former PWE Community Team Lead
Quote:
Literary Challenge #49 : The Return of The Traveler
This is the comments thread for Literary Challenge #49 : The Return of The Traveler.
We also have an Index of previous challenges HERE.

Feel free to link directly to the entry you are commenting on. And please remember: we're not here to tear each other up. Do not troll your fellow Captains, give feedback! Let the others know what you liked and disliked. Maybe they can even go back then and tweak their entries!

Let's get those creative juices flowing!
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Interesting...

Unfortunately, I don't think I'd be able to come up with anything regarding this. I'll read everyone else's entries, though, even as I look for inspiration for previous challenges!!
Originally KiraYamato before the Account Linking - True Join Date August 2008

"Close Air Support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4, The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries
Captain
# 3
09-04-2013, 04:23 PM

Finally, a chance to determine what happened to Wesley Crusher? This should be interesting, although it might take a bit to decide what to do with the Traveler.
Captain
# 4
09-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Now I'm torn between the fun that could be had aboard the Hephaestus with Grunt and crew, and maybe something involving Iain and a little pathos...
-------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by hfmudd
Quote:
You are special, you are unique, and you are passionate. You are also insignificant. Get used to it.
Captain
# 5
09-04-2013, 06:55 PM
what a terrible time for my netflix subscription to be up..... Still though, i have some ideas kicking around, but we'll see.
Career Officer
# 6
09-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Interesting...

I think I might cook up an excuse for the Traveler to pay a visit. I might have to pay a visit to my metaphysics research consultant first, though. I think I'm out of the... necessary supplies.

"A Gorn walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2013, 07:30 PM
humm...the one that the traveler would be most likely to visit is currently tied up chasing stuff lemme think on this.
"It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion. And usually easier."
Captain
# 8
09-04-2013, 11:54 PM
Sorry, I'm calling a pass an this one... The Vanguard has slipstream drive, that's a light year every twelve seconds, increasing speeds beyond that becomes irrelevant from a storytelling perspective. Ship goes X speed, it gets somewhere and does something. Ship does Y speed, it goes somewhere else and does something. Ship goes Z speed, it goes somewhere else and does something... The ship could wind up in the Andromeda galaxy, do something, then come home again, and the velocity/mode of transport becomes irrelevant. Besides, Lieutenant Commander Heath Fletcher is not one of the Traveller's protege's...
Captain
# 9
09-05-2013, 12:00 AM
I think I've come up with a whole new angle on the thing. Now to hope someone else doesn't come up with the same idea.
-------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by hfmudd
Quote:
You are special, you are unique, and you are passionate. You are also insignificant. Get used to it.
Captain
# 10
09-05-2013, 12:59 AM
Hmmm...there are a few possibilities coming to mind, though whether I can give them enough substance in time, or get them written.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
Delta Rising: Reanimate? (Y/N) Review Series COMPLETE!
Proudly F2P. Sig by gulberat. Avatar by balsavor.deviantart.com