Captain
# 81
09-06-2013, 09:05 PM
It would be great if they let us equip two GW related Gravimetric Scientist doffs with different bonuses. (Deflector ability reducer and aftershocks).
Rihannsu
# 82
09-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
It would be great if they let us equip two GW related Gravimetric Scientist doffs with different bonuses. (Deflector ability reducer and aftershocks).

Actualy you can run those two no catch on that.
It's just that you can't run a second copy of a gravemetric DOff's.
Lt. Commander
# 83
09-07-2013, 07:07 AM
Nice that you finally look into it. There is only one but. The change for the particle generators and the aux scaling hurts the more specialized builds, casue as you said they will see a decrease in dmg. Not that having a higher base dmg is a bad thing, but this way it makes it less apealing to skill into particle generators or running high aux.

So you basically reduce the benefit of running high aux on a sci if it cones to that skill. Which gives sci one reason less to run high aux setups.

Btw. while you are looking into Gravity well could you make the other sci skills, like tyknes rifft, tachyon beam, and charged particle burst useful again also? Cause more then having some graphic effects on the screen thy do basically nothing atm.
Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
TheWiseGuys
Lieutenant
# 84
09-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I found an issue that was causing the kinetic damage on GravWell 2 & 3 to not account properly for the player's Aux power. The system guys are going to update it and test it to make sure that this doesn't suddenly cause its damage output to go too high, but we will definitely fix it so that if you use GW3 with a high Aux rating, it will scale up and be better than GW1.
Could you, please, just fix it to work as advertised and let use by players determine if it is too powerful???? Pre-nerfing a fix, especially a science skill (we needs more of these to be effective) and a skill that can be flown out of, seems.... Silly.
Captain
# 85
09-07-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucho80 View Post
also, keep in mind that the deflector doff does not reduce GW by 50%, the GW global is 40 seconds, so thats the lowest it can be reduced to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?
Captain
# 86
09-07-2013, 08:38 AM
Are these changes going to affect Singularity Jump's gravity well also or is it a different power altogether?
Lt. Commander
# 87
09-07-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
also, keep in mind that the deflector doff does not reduce GW by 50%, the GW global is 40 seconds, so thats the lowest it can be reduced to.
Yes, that DOff is full of fail, doesn't work on half the skills listed (only works on the AoE skills not the single target ones as far as I can tell) and the ones it does work on can't be reduced by 50%
Captain
# 88
09-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
Awesome stuff ^^

This should be interesting...

Edit: now that I think about it some more: Whoohoooooo! I already had that thing ticking for some 1,1-1,2k on PvE enemies. This might really give my sci some bite again...

Thats nothing...in my fdssv, I was, if I recall, doing 3 to 4 k a tick...and that was with genero blue particle consoles (x5)

...now if I rommed up to xii, added a particle gen buffing core; the part gen buffing uni consoles...

-evil grin-

...of course the moment I'm dumb enough to take it in pvp/kerrat on a whim...
Career Officer
# 89
09-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
Are these changes going to affect Singularity Jump's gravity well also or is it a different power altogether?
Doubtful.

While Particle Generators do effect Singularity Jump's damage, I don't think it scales with Aux but with the level of singularity absorption.
Lt. Commander
# 90
09-07-2013, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstorion View Post
Thats nothing...in my fdssv, I was, if I recall, doing 3 to 4 k a tick...and that was with genero blue particle consoles (x5)

...now if I rommed up to xii, added a particle gen buffing core; the part gen buffing uni consoles...

-evil grin-

...of course the moment I'm dumb enough to take it in pvp/kerrat on a whim...
I don't know if you red the notes for the change, but they clearly say that they will reduce the dmg improvement that particle generators or high aux is doing...

They improved the base dmg, but reduced the boost gw gets from teh particle generator skill.

They notes for the changes even mention that at high aux and high skill lvl in particle generators it is basically less then now, cause of the lower scaling...

So maybe you should wait with the party till the change hits holodeck...
Reynolds / Thokal

U.S.S. Helios -Vesta Class / R.R.W. Dark Science - Dyson Surveillance Science Destroyer
U.S.S. Donut - Fleet Advanced Research Vessel Retrofit
TheWiseGuys