Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 264
# 1 STO is not the same without
09-06-2013, 05:51 AM
Enterprise...I know we're all suppose to keep an open mind in this game. It just feels lacking of the name Enterprise and never hear from her that much. After all, Star Trek was almost about the USS Enterprise.

I hope in the new FE, The USS Enterprise, will show up on our screens more often. Maybe get a tour on the ship


Cryptic.... Make It Happen pretty pweeeeeeze haha!
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>

Last edited by charliescot25; 09-06-2013 at 05:54 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,726
# 2
09-06-2013, 05:54 AM
I feel like the Enterprise-F has popped up an appropriate number of times since it was introduced.

Too many appearances, and they run the risk of STO feeling like it's about them, and not us.

It's always better to keep the players wanting more, and the way things are now I look forward to the ship's next appearance, and getting to know her crew a little better.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,248
# 3
09-06-2013, 05:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliescot25 View Post
Enterprise...I know we're all suppose to keep an open mind in this game. It just feels lacking of the name Enterprise and never hear from her that much.

I hope in the new FE, The USS Enterprise, will show up on our screens more often. Maybe get a tour on the ship


Cryptic.... Make It Happen pretty pweeeeeeze haha!
Whilst I agree in principle, STO is supposed to be the player's story.
Having the 'ultimate' hero ship make too many appearances ruins the idea that it's the player's turn to be the hero.

I felt that the 4400 handled it about right - the Enterprise-F swooped in, but it wasn't intended to be a 'The Enterprise Saves the Day' - she was simply backup, that happened to have a famous name.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 264
# 4
09-06-2013, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
I feel like the Enterprise-F has popped up an appropriate number of times since it was introduced.

Too many appearances, and they run the risk of STO feeling like it's about them, and not us.

It's always better to keep the players wanting more, and the way things are now I look forward to the ship's next appearance, and getting to know her crew a little better.
Just like getting a tour on her ship, and meeting her crew such as the Chief Engineer or someone.
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 264
# 5
09-06-2013, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Whilst I agree in principle, STO is supposed to be the player's story.
Having the 'ultimate' hero ship make too many appearances ruins the idea that it's the player's turn to be the hero.

I felt that the 4400 handled it about right - the Enterprise-F swooped in, but it wasn't intended to be a 'The Enterprise Saves the Day' - she was simply backup, that happened to have a famous name.
Fair enough, It must be just me then ha-ha. I can see where you're coming from now, seeing more of her will get boring after while in some sense.
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,248
# 6
09-06-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliescot25 View Post
Just like getting a tour on her ship, and meeting her crew such as the Chief Engineer or someone.
Whilst this would be nice, to be honest the interior of the Enterprise-F herself probably wouldn't look any different to any of the other Odyssey class ships.
And we do get to meet the crew - they appear at the UP Fleet Yards every Federation day.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 264
# 7
09-06-2013, 06:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Whilst this would be nice, to be honest the interior of the Enterprise-F herself probably wouldn't look any different to any of the other Odyssey class ships.
And we do get to meet the crew - they appear at the UP Fleet Yards every Federation day.
That is true, Thanks for reminding me as I am used to seeing the Enterprise more in the older games I guess. Just like BC
<a href=http://s146.photobucket.com/user/Challenger03/media/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg.html target=_blank><a href=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r267/Challenger03/USSDundee_zpsfcfe716b.jpg target=_blank>http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r...psfcfe716b.jpg</a></a>
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,075
# 8
09-06-2013, 06:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Whilst this would be nice, to be honest the interior of the Enterprise-F herself probably wouldn't look any different to any of the other Odyssey class ships.
And we do get to meet the crew - they appear at the UP Fleet Yards every Federation day.
Plus you meet meany of them in the Dominion FE.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 122
# 9
09-06-2013, 06:13 AM
I do think it would be cool to see them again sometime. I guess if we get any end game missions, they're bound to show up.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,016
# 10
09-06-2013, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Plus you meet meany of them in the Dominion FE.
Plus they are a faceless bunch of generic NPCs I don't give a targs' butt about anyway

The Ent-F is just weak, quite literally: She got butchered every time she shows up in-game, I have no relation to her generic crew and I don't like the ship. I'd welcome they don't make any more appearances so they don't taint the name "Enterprise" any more.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:59 AM.