Career Officer
# 11
09-06-2013, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons9 View Post
i hate that i cant get a borg tholian doff because all of the ones on the exchange are for federation.
Whilst I can't clarify with certainty, according to the STO Wiki there are KDF versions of those Tholians. If this is true then it is more than likely that fewer KDF players have opened the boxes and/or are selling the Doffs via the exchange.
Captain
# 12
09-06-2013, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
The issue is that the appearance of the KDF Marauding Bridge Officer cannot be customized in any way. Claiming is not an issue, or at least it wasn't for me.
THis.

It is frustrating that my Fed can customize (To a small extent) his Cross faction BOFF but my KDF is stuck with a petulant Trill in her civvies.
Captain
# 13
09-06-2013, 11:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
By definition, no Gorn is ever going to be Purple then. Shouldn't Cryptic alter the locked in traits so that only two are required, leaving the other two open?

I purchased a Romulan Engineer through the exchange the other day. In the pre-set clothing options it has the Federation Uniform (which I cannot select). I am Klingon-aligned. I cannot use the KDF unique costume for the Boff in question. It's annoying.

I knew it was one or the other. Thanks for clarifying.

Honestly, I didn't think it would kick up so much of a sh*tstorm. It wasn't like I posted "lock boxes are evil and everyone agrees with me"

...still, I did heed the warning that you and cgta1967 provided. Best to be safer than sorry right?
There are a number of us that use the forum flash that look out for each other (whether we know each other or not) You have been around the forum long enough (judging by your post count) to know some don't always see things in the manner they are intended, just the wrong word here or there can cause all manner of problems. The STO forum is brilliant, that is due to the hard work of Brandon and the MODS. This forum is a fun place to visit, that is why some like myself and cgta1967 look out for others.
Live long and Prosper

Last edited by eazzie; 09-07-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
09-06-2013, 11:41 PM
Quote:
By definition, no Gorn is ever going to be Purple then. Shouldn't Cryptic alter the locked in traits so that only two are required, leaving the other two open?
I have a minor OCD over colors and the gorn thing bugs me no end as I want purple gorn but they change to blue when they join my crew.

Sure I can do an all blue crew but then I can't use my android, lib borgs, catians, aener, feresans etc. because they are always purple.

And I have no choice with my Roms because I can't get rid of Tovan Khev. So my Rom crews are always purple.
Career Officer
# 15
09-07-2013, 12:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
There are a number of us that use the forum flash that look out for each other (whether we know each other or not) You have been around the forum long enough (judging by your post count) to know some don't always see things in the manner they are intended, just the wrong word here or there can cause all manner of problem. The STO forum is brilliant, that is due to the hard work of Brandon and the MODS.
This I know, I guess I just overlooked how much a trivial matter might get a bad response from so many people. Still, crisis averted. Now we just need to wait for Bran/Dstahl.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazzie View Post
This forum is a fun place to visit, that is why some like myself and cgta1967 look out for others.
And I appreciate that.
Captain
# 16
09-07-2013, 02:36 AM
Quote:
This I know, I guess I just overlooked how much a trivial matter might get a bad response from so many people. Still, crisis averted. Now we just need to wait for Bran/Dstahl.....

And I appreciate that.
No worries
Live long and Prosper
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-07-2013, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Honestly, I didn't think it would kick up so much of a sh*tstorm. It wasn't like I posted "lock boxes are evil and everyone agrees with me"

...still, I did heed the warning that you and cgta1967 provided. Best to be safer than sorry right?
I imagine congress goes through the same problems. It's inherant in group mentalities.

Trek Example: Ensign runs onto bridge yelling, "Warp Core Breach Imminent!"

Some idiot says, "Ensign that's not how to address the bridge crew, go back out and do it properly if you wish to get a positive result."

Ship detonates leaving nothing behind but a general lowering of the human stupidity constant.

OR read the concept behind the post instead of nitpicking it's style or punctuation.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.

Last edited by thlaylierah; 09-07-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 18
09-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thlaylierah View Post
[snip]
You're too late.