Rihannsu
# 21
09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havokreign View Post
I don't know how you get around Wesley being a Traveler, which I infer to mean he's stuck in 'god mode'.
By the fact his last appearances had no signs of Traveler what so ever?
# 22
09-07-2013, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
By the fact his last appearances had no signs of Traveler what so ever?
He was in disguise... as Guinan!
Captain
# 23
09-07-2013, 07:34 AM
Ah, Wesley. One of Roddenberry's trio of Mary-Sue characters.

While the writers figured out what to do with Picard after Roddenberry got booted upstairs, Riker was stuck between surly and smarmy. And poor Wesley just got sent into space with a guy with willy for a skull.
# 24
09-07-2013, 08:29 AM
The character lacked development, but the actor did a decent job of it.

IIRC, according to the novel version, he showed up naked, and Picard just threw a random uniform at him
Captain
# 25
09-07-2013, 08:37 AM
I liked Wes.

He was a major character in TNG, and many of the situations that the Enterprise got itself into would have not been resolved without him and his scientific intellect and problem solving abilities...

I wouldnt mind seeing a whole storyline with him and tell a little bit about his travels with the traveller.

Wes is/was a highly respected and depended upon member of the Enterprise crew.
# 26
09-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by similon View Post
He returned in Star Trek Nemesis. Admittedly, we don't know for how long, but he was definitely back...

A deleted scene has him babbling on to Picard about how he's gonna be on the Titan with Riker, and something about how super special the warp core on that ship is, before he gets distracted by pretty ladies and wonders off.

This scene makes me hate the character as much as I did in season 1 and 2 (after he stopped saving the ship every damned week, I grew to start liking the character. Still better than Pulaski.)

I've heard another story where he was still with the Traveller, and appeared at the wedding as a surprise guest, but expecting it to be a Betazoid wedding, appeared naked. Picard grabbed a spare uniform and gave it to him. I like to think this second story is the truth, and he's still out there learning how to be a god. Cos let's face it, if Wesley ever did gain true godhood, that would be a pretty sweet story. He can have a face off with Q over letting him get stabbed in the back that time.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 27
09-07-2013, 09:16 AM
I think there is a story, a book, about these two having a faceoff
Survivor of Romulus
# 28
09-07-2013, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grylak View Post
Still better than Pulaski
Hah! Nice. +1
Republic Veteran
# 29
09-07-2013, 10:29 AM
People bash the traveler, but at least he waited till Wes was 18.

Career Officer
# 30
09-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaftravis05 View Post
I think there is a story, a book, about these two having a faceoff
Actually it's Q and Trelane (from TOS) Q-Squared who had a face-off.

And as to the topic, you all forget it was the late 80's and Wesley to be Roddenberries 'vision of the perfect kid in space'. It was never Will Wheaton's fault he got lame lines and figuratively was the awkward kid on the set. Hell, even Sir Patrick Stewart gave him 'props' for leaving the show, and coming back as a guest star. He said it helped mature him as a person, and as an actor, that he was missing from the crap role he got.
In other words, you may not have been on his 'character' back then, but you'd be keen on him these days, especially as Will Wheaton would take a new spin on him.

Oh, and I'm all agreeing about Neelix. Disliked that character. I know the actor is good (and he is), but his voice is whiny in character (and out), and the character is the equivalent of the 'rodent' on the wooden ship. Tolerated, maybe even humoured about.