Republic Veteran
1) Why is she using a warp core like the feds/kdf, and not a singularity core? She is Romulan in design, isnt she?

2) Why doesn't she have a cloak, like most Romulan ships have? Not a battle cloak, that would make her unbalanced from the rest, but a standard, run of the mill cloak would do. Again, Romulan design, no?

Formerly known as Echo@Rivyn13
Member since early 2011
Member of Lag Industries ~ http://lagfleet.enjin.com/
Lieutenant
# 2
09-08-2013, 01:29 AM
Because it is just copy pasted stats and everything from fed/KDF temporal destroyers.they just made skin and take stats from those two temporal destroyers.
Technicly,it is a fed temporal destroyer in romulan skin
Captain
# 3
09-08-2013, 02:23 AM
A dev said somewhere that giving it a singularity core would have made it OP.

If you ask me they were just being lazy...
Career Officer
# 4
09-08-2013, 03:16 AM
Well it does implode like all sing core ships..
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-08-2013, 04:21 AM
Since other lockbox/lobi ships don't have unique stats across faction lines, they felt that the temporal ships should have identical stats and pointed to how the kdf ones already lacked a cloak. I can see the logic in that but would've preferred some sort of factional trait aside from a unique ship skin.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-08-2013, 05:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post
1) Why is she using a warp core like the feds/kdf, and not a singularity core? She is Romulan in design, isnt she?

2) Why doesn't she have a cloak, like most Romulan ships have? Not a battle cloak, that would make her unbalanced from the rest, but a standard, run of the mill cloak would do. Again, Romulan design, no?
1) These ships have been stripped of their unique equipment by the Tholians and rebuilt by the Lobi Crystal Consortium, in essence it's a Romulan Hull with Ferengi Technology. Ferengi don't have Cloaking tech or Singularity Cores.

2) See 1
I was once DKnight1000, apparently I had taken my own name so now I'm DKnight0001.
If I ask you a question it is not an insult but a genuine attempt to understand why.
When I insult you I won't be discreet about it, I will be precise and to the point stupid.
Captain
# 7
09-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oracion666 View Post

I'm asking myself the same questions.
If you directly compare it to the Mogai Heavy Warbird Retrofit, the Destroyer is clearly the lesser powerful vessel IMHO. I don't think that tha's the point of a Lockbox ship to be honest.

I wish the romulan temporal destroyer woudln't be such a beautyful ship, they should have given the the (Fleet) Ha'feh the same look.
Empire Veteran
# 8
09-08-2013, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meridian113 View Post
Because it is just copy pasted stats and everything from fed/KDF temporal destroyers.they just made skin and take stats from those two temporal destroyers.
Technicly,it is a fed temporal destroyer in romulan skin
.No different than the KDF one which also lacks a cloak.

A HUGE thank you to Cryptic for the Mogh-class battle cruiser!
Commander
# 9
09-21-2013, 02:22 PM
I can see why giving the time ships singularity powers and a battle cloak would be overpowered... BUT besides the look these ships are NOT Romulan without a cloak and a modified singularity core, even the Tal Shiar ships have them. If it's about balance maybe make it an out of combat ability with a penalty on decloaking instead of a bonus or something, if it's about faction balance well Romulans didn't get a time ship shuttle...