Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Hive Space STILL Broken...
09-08-2013, 08:54 PM
STILL getting lanced at the spawn, STILL getting lanced at full impulse, had team mates getting lanced while cloaked. Your last patch did not fix a single thing in this mission like it stated.

Can you please go back and review this...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Lieutenant
# 2
09-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I can confirm this as well; as I was in the same match as wolfpack.

After the probe ships started their lancing; there was basically no where you could go without being vaped. Wolfie himself actually just spawned in; I was hding behind some buildings waiting for my other team members to respawn so we got regroup.

The BOOM... wolfie's ship gets vaporised when he is 25KM away from the probe ship; then BOOM; another of my teammates who was fully cloaked and 18KM away waiting also got destroyed.

It seems at the moment; the only area you are safe is you hide behind the buildings floating in space if you need to wait for your team to respawn.

Doesn't look like the "fix" you put in cryptic has made any effect at the moment; actually the lances are 100% accurate now; they charge up; and no matter what you do; one of your team mates will die.

Please look into it
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-08-2013, 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman00 View Post
actually the lances are 100% accurate now;
100% accurate and up to 600k damage... and once I was hit by 2 green ray of death at the some time!
Career Officer
# 4
09-09-2013, 12:38 AM
Took my old Gal-X into this mess of mission yesterday, just for lol's. Though it wasn't actually funny at all.

Was one-shot lanced numerous times, so used every buff possible and lanced one of them back from about 2k distance. And completely missed.

Seriously; how ironic is that the cigar/probe ships have lances with 100% accuracy, yet the Gal-X gets a lance that manages to miss the most massive ship in the game when stood almost right next to it?!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-09-2013 at 07:11 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 5
09-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Indeed, still horribly broken.

Was lanced at full impulse several times, and saw teammates lanced while cloaked.

What a pile of lies and broken promises this STF is.
# 6
09-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman00 View Post
I can confirm this as well; as I was in the same match as wolfpack.

After the probe ships started their lancing; there was basically no where you could go without being vaped. Wolfie himself actually just spawned in; I was hding behind some buildings waiting for my other team members to respawn so we got regroup.

The BOOM... wolfie's ship gets vaporised when he is 25KM away from the probe ship; then BOOM; another of my teammates who was fully cloaked and 18KM away waiting also got destroyed.

It seems at the moment; the only area you are safe is you hide behind the buildings floating in space if you need to wait for your team to respawn.

Doesn't look like the "fix" you put in cryptic has made any effect at the moment; actually the lances are 100% accurate now; they charge up; and no matter what you do; one of your team mates will die.

Please look into it
So in other words, they accidentally increased the difficulty?

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Career Officer
# 7
09-09-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
So in other words, they accidentally increased the difficulty?
Definitely.

Whilst I hate this mission, I took my Fleet Sovereign into it earlier and it's a complete disaster. The initial part, with the Tac cubes/spheres was challenging but do-able. The two unimatrix ships, however, have been rendered indestructable. There is NO way of taking the unimatrix ships down, because they've become VERY lance-happy, their lances NEVER miss, and they NEVER fail to one-hit KO their target.

Needless to say this resulted in the entire team spending ridiculous amounts of time in respawn oblivion. We tried several 'tactics' on respawn; alive player(s) hiding until the rest of the team rejoined, everyone waiting at the respawn point so that we could resume the fight as a team, and then everyone simply resuming the attack as soon as respawned. NOTHING worked. One of the team pointed out that hanging around near the Queen's ship stops the lances - it really didn't, and said tactic resulted in one player being 'double lanced' (both unimatrix ships lanced him) and yet another visit to the respawn waiting room.

Anyway, the frustration of this waste of bandwidth finally got the better of the team, two players bailed and the rest of us agreed that, even with five players, there had been no point in continuing the catastrophic bore that is HOSE and we bailed too.

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-09-2013 at 08:08 AM.
Rihannsu
# 8
09-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Yup, sounds like QnA did a great job, checking for the fixes in the patchnotes. Apropos are patchontes on a need to know basis internatly? maybe include QnA among those who need to know.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Lieutenant
# 9
09-09-2013, 08:31 AM
I can confirm everything here!

- Lanced at 24 km away (lost count of how many times)
- Lanced near the Queen (Which isn't supposed to happen according to the game notes)
- Lanced at Full Impulse (Which isn't supposed to happen)

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
s in it with me

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-09-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-09-2013, 09:46 AM
I have no idea why they don't take the STF off Holodeck, work on it in Tribble so that those people who like testing broken stuff can provide feedback and then, when its ready re-add it. At the moment the Q for this STF is constantly 0 (or atleast I have not seen any activity) so its not like it would be missed.

OR even better - If we had an older version that did work, roll back!

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 09-09-2013 at 05:40 PM.