Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 48
# 21
09-13-2013, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reyan01 View Post
Well, according to this thread:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...t=lance&page=4
you, me, and anyone else who experienced a broken instance of HOSE is wrong.
Pfft; why am I not surprised that people are saying that we cant do HOSE; the even funnier thing is they don't ask us our experience levels with the mission; I am sure I have done HOSE a minimum of 50 - 100 times by now.

And why do I have a feeling that these people never PUG HOSE and always do it with their fleet premades; I would like to challenge them to PUGing it for several weeks then come back to us.

I wonder if their mood would change then
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,768
# 22
09-13-2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman00 View Post
And why do I have a feeling that these people never PUG HOSE and always do it with their fleet premades; I would like to challenge them to PUGing it for several weeks then come back to us.

I wonder if their mood would change then
Why? If you only experience issues like these in PIGs, perhaps that should indicate something to you (that if your team isn't coordinated, or someone gets out of position, you may see them pop.)

It's funny in that in ANY other MMO, HSE as it exists currently would be considered a minor challenge (IE try pugging a 20 man raid instance in WoW and see how well you do - does that mean 20 man Raids in WoW are broken?)

Sorry, but I'm just tired of seeing mildly challenging content nerfed to 'faceroll easy' mode like the rest of STO PvE is (even on what they call 'Elite Mode') because some people just want to spam that spacebar to win.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 48
# 23
09-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
Why? If you only experience issues like these in PIGs, perhaps that should indicate something to you (that if your team isn't coordinated, or someone gets out of position, you may see them pop.)

It's funny in that in ANY other MMO, HSE as it exists currently would be considered a minor challenge (IE try pugging a 20 man raid instance in WoW and see how well you do - does that mean 20 man Raids in WoW are broken?)

Sorry, but I'm just tired of seeing mildly challenging content nerfed to 'faceroll easy' mode like the rest of STO PvE is (even on what they call 'Elite Mode') because some people just want to spam that spacebar to win.
Im not saying I want HOSE Nerfed; I enjoy the instance as much as much as you and playing it; and never said I wanted it nerfed.

What I was meaning was do a PUG match of HOSE; and see if you experience the same issues several people have reported (getting lanced while fully cloaked; at spawn point etc) that is just what we want fixed; for the patch notes that said they fixed it to work (something may have gone wrong; maybe it fixed it a bit but not enough' maybe something else got messed up with the code etc).

They do that; and it doesn't matter if I get lanced; but as long as I get a chance to get into the fight im good.

And just for your information; I don't like content just "people just mash a spacebar" either; I like a match that is challenging and rewarding.

Plus I am a member of the fleet who is extremely organised and well experienced in Hive and even they report the same problems I do if they don't take the probe ships down in time.

It seems that if you don't take the ships down in time; the broken mechanic seems to start; but only after that point; kinda of curious why that point is so special; I am betting there is a internal cd timer on the lances on the ship.

EG (if you don't take one ship down within x number of seconds; lances begin firing; but if you destroy probe ship one; then the lance cd timer gets a extra 30 seconds added before probe ship 2 can use it) etc
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,024
# 24
09-13-2013, 09:58 PM
The Lance is still very broken. The very day after that patch, we ran a test. I myself was using Full Impulse, meaning that little arrow button above the speed indicator, not just pushing "R" to get full throttle. And I was using that in conjunction with Evasive Manoeuvres. And I still was targeted. Not only did the Lance target me, it managed to hit me!

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 793
# 25
09-13-2013, 10:45 PM
Just a reminder This isn't about Hive needing a nerf, or not knowing how to play it, it was to report that the patch had not fixed the bugs that it claimed and these bugs were still occurring...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,219
# 26
09-14-2013, 04:01 AM
It's certainly not fixed. Getting lanced all over.

HOSE is plenty doable when it isn't broken (I got all 3 optionals in elite on my second run... both pugs... its not a hard mission) but it currently is doing things it is not supposed to do.

You can play internet toughguy all day long, but the patch notes say it isn't supposed to do what it is doing. It is broken. Simple logic. So you beat it while the event was broken? Yay! Have a cookie. That doesn't mean the mechanics aren't broken.
I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!

Vice Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,294
# 27
09-14-2013, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
It's certainly not fixed. Getting lanced all over.

HOSE is plenty doable when it isn't broken (I got all 3 optionals in elite on my second run... both pugs... its not a hard mission) but it currently is doing things it is not supposed to do.

You can play internet toughguy all day long, but the patch notes say it isn't supposed to do what it is doing. It is broken. Simple logic. So you beat it while the event was broken? Yay! Have a cookie. That doesn't mean the mechanics aren't broken.
Sadly, we're all wrong and it's perfectly fine according to someone in this thread:
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...744411&page=11
Ah well....

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY

Last edited by reyan01; 09-15-2013 at 05:04 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,361
# 28
09-14-2013, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmym View Post
It's certainly not fixed. Getting lanced all over.

HOSE is plenty doable when it isn't broken (I got all 3 optionals in elite on my second run... both pugs... its not a hard mission) but it currently is doing things it is not supposed to do.

You can play internet toughguy all day long, but the patch notes say it isn't supposed to do what it is doing. It is broken. Simple logic. So you beat it while the event was broken? Yay! Have a cookie. That doesn't mean the mechanics aren't broken.
This. Thank you. To other posters, stop denying the logic and facts and find something else to troll. Just because you have mad dPS and can exploit the mission to get around the problem doesn't make it okay.

Instajib mechanics are fail gameplay mechanics. Being instagibbed at spawn is just plain stupid. Devs need to do their jobs and fix the bugs. /thread
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 148
# 29
09-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Its broken. Cryptic's devs obviously don't know what the problem is with it (if they did they would of fixed it the first time)

What more needs to be said or discussed.

P***ing into the wind comes to mind here chaps.

The opinions expressed within my posts may not reflect those of yourself, or others. However in a world where free speech is still valued (mostly) I am entitled to them. Respect & mutual understanding are the first steps towards the human race solving its problems!
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 553
# 30
09-14-2013, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxman00 View Post
And why do I have a feeling that these people never PUG HOSE and always do it with their fleet premades; I would like to challenge them to PUGing it for several weeks then come back to us.

I wonder if their mood would change then
I agree.
PUGS are the real test and Hive is broken from that perspective.
NO to ARC...Keep it in Beta

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 PM.