Rihannsu
# 11
09-10-2013, 01:00 AM
The problem with LTS perks being added is that it pretty much never will weigh up to the amount of work it requires, remember, existing LTSers like me won't provide them with any additional profit for it and they'll make much more profit from making that same content they would make as additional LTS perks available to everyone for purchasing instead.
Career Officer
# 12
09-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
The problem with LTS perks being added is that it pretty much never will weigh up to the amount of work it requires, remember, existing LTSers like me won't provide them with any additional profit for it and they'll make much more profit from making that same content they would make as additional LTS perks available to everyone for purchasing instead.
I'm starting to see how true that really is.

I have an idea that could change that. What if they make a small zone like I mentioned with just a vendor that sells these items for Lobi or Zen on a per character basis?
Hey all my old posts are gone!

Career Officer
# 13
09-10-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyny View Post
But I don't ever see Them adding a way for players to actually be part of the 'Collective'.

Being a Mindless Drone is not conducive to bringing about much in the way of game play.

Let alone how it could be monetized.

<shrug>
We don't really have free will in the missions that are available now. The story and actions you have to take are scripted for you. There wouldn't be much difference in receiving a mission from the Collective as there is now with getting them from the KDF or Starfleet other than dialouge.

I don't see them doing this either, due more to Cryptic not being able to make future Featured Episodes cross faction, nor would it make much sense to have the Collective become part of either the KDF or Federation. I don't see the game ever getting a complete third faction.

It could be done via an expansion with ships/DOFF packs etc. as store items, but again I don't see it happening.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
# 14
09-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Oh lord here we go again with Lifers saying were so special we want something everyone wants but make it for us lifers only crapola.

Tbh if they did make a borg faction for only lifers first ther would be alot of players quit if it was exclusive to LTS.

and personally id tell cryptic to take that the LTS and the game and stick it where the sun dont shine.

Frankly F2P players are a major cash revenue to this game and by taking something and making it exclusive to lifers only is short minded to the over all economic portion of why a faction should be brought in to the game..profit.

Cryptic would stand to make more money by making the borg faction for everyone then making it exclusive .

I say make the borg faction for everyone perhaps make something unique for lifers

Allow lifers to have their own borg colony world they can develop ( yes grind i know ) with its own set of perks...what? idk how the hell am i supposed to know THAT!! you figure it out

Just knowing lifers can make their own lib borg colony would be a great LTS selling point hell i might even consider buying an LTS if that happened.

Think New romulus a colony where only LTS lib borg can enter and work together to develop have a for eveyone adventure zone maybe a world away from the main colony.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/wraith_011/Youracistbastard.jpg

Last edited by jorantomalak; 09-10-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Career Officer
# 15
09-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorantomalak View Post
Oh lord here we go again with Lifers saying were so special we want something everyone wants but make it for us lifers only crapola.
Please don't lump all LTS members together. Some of us could care less if everyone else in the game has the same perks/items we do.
Captain Kirk is climbing a mountain. Why is he climbing a mountain? Is he learning to fly?
Captain
# 16
09-10-2013, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valoreah View Post
Please don't lump all LTS members together. Some of us could care less if everyone else in the game has the same perks/items we do.
Uh i didnt i said alot of LTS do that did not say every LTS now did i

perhaps i chose my words wrong but it was not my intent to be inclusive of every LTS just the whiners
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k161/wraith_011/Youracistbastard.jpg
Career Officer
# 17
09-10-2013, 09:14 AM
Quote:

Tbh if they did make a borg faction for only lifers first ther would be alot of players quit if it was exclusive to LTS.

and personally id tell cryptic to take that the LTS and the game and stick it where the sun dont shine.

Frankly F2P players are a major cash revenue to this game and by taking something and making it exclusive to lifers only is short minded to the over all economic portion of why a faction should be brought in to the game..profit.

Cryptic would stand to make more money by making the borg faction for everyone then making it exclusive .

I say make the borg faction for everyone perhaps make something unique for lifers

Allow lifers to have their own borg colony world they can develop ( yes grind i know ) with its own set of perks...what? idk how the hell am i supposed to know THAT!! you figure it out

Just knowing lifers can make their own lib borg colony would be a great LTS selling point hell i might even consider buying an LTS if that happened.

Think New romulus a colony where only LTS lib borg can enter and work together to develop have a for eveyone adventure zone maybe a world away from the main colony.
Actually, the first sentence pretty much lumps LTS folks all together in your following accusation.
...... DaveyNY ...STO Forum Member since February - 2009
..............Star Trek Fan since Thursday Sept. 8th, 1966
There are No Longer any STO Veterans... We're Just People who have Played the Game for the last 4 years.
I Really Do Miss the little TOP Button at the bottom of the threads.
Career Officer
# 18
09-10-2013, 09:15 AM
Quote:

perhaps i chose my words wrong but it was not my intent to be inclusive of every LTS just the whiners
No worries. The segment of your post I quoted did come across as you referring to all LTS holders though.
Starfleet Veteran
# 19
09-10-2013, 10:32 AM
The problem isn't with LTS at this point. If you want to add perks then first you need to increase the value of gold. right now most people are either LTS or Silver. If you are lts you get every now. what is the advantage of gold. Most people only do it while leveling a toon.

Once it become worth it to continually subscribe month to month, beyond that of the vet rewards, then yes we can then shift focus to lts and add more perks there.
Career Officer
# 20
09-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Quote:

Just as long as you're not putting me in that group of LTS members as well. I would love for a full faction, and for anyone to have access as well! Plus, this idea is a small solution to add something many have asked for while keeping the Dev time limited. There are already playable Borg in STO right now, instead of making a whole faction add on what we already have.

If Cryptic wants to add Liberated Borg to the Z-Store, they can have at it, I'm not going to protest, heck add them to a Lock Box, about the same amount of money. I got my LTS when it first came out, in my opinion I already got my monies worth.

It took years to get playable Romulans in the game, this doesn't have to. Also this in no way prevents a possible Borg faction in the future.

Of course my idea isn't perfect, that's why I was hoping to get input. It's so gosh darn hard to please every player, some say no way to playable Borg faction, some want it, some LTS members would get upset if it was free, some LTS members wouldn't care, some people even have no faith in Cryptic taking the time, but one thing is certain, there are already playable Liberated Borg and I see no reason why we can't expand on that. The small details could be up to Cryptic on how they can make it profitable.
Hey all my old posts are gone!

Last edited by trekthestars; 09-10-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Had to add a my crazy rant