Captain
I recently asked in the forums if there was a way to know where the chain assignments showed up and was told it was random.

Problem is, I've started a few chains, and have no idea where to find the assignments to continue them. I checked the wiki for possible locations, and I'm not sure I can read the descriptions right or if I can trust those that are there.

So once I begin a chain, is there any way to tell where I took the previous assignment (so long ago) or do I just have to keep a lookout and note it down someplace on that rare day I stumble across it. Keeping a watch for each chain seems nearly impossible...

Any advice? How do others complete their chains?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
10-07-2013, 03:16 PM
The wiki is fairly accurate, although I'm sure there are exceptions. If you find the page for the assignment chains (just search 'assignment chains') and find the chain you're working on, then click thru to the specific mission, each one has a map towards the bottom of the page that lists the sectors the mission appears in.

Another tip, be sure to check your department heads. They have different missions. Often the one you want won't be on the 'current map' list, but your Operations Officer has it or some such. This is especially true with the colonial chains.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
10-07-2013, 04:22 PM
The people in DOFFJOBS are up on the Duty Officer chain assignments.

They have a spreadsheet that's available.

http://bit.ly/DOFFS

That's the portal link to a few related things, if you just want to know where and where go to one of the viewscreens. There are tools to help you manage chain assignments too.
Captain
# 4
10-08-2013, 01:43 PM
This is a good question!

As you know, some chains are selective to a sector so its just a matter of going there and checking. If it's available = win, if not = too bad.

I've used the chart above to help. My OCD can't stand incomplete chains
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol - Endless Excelsior - Veritatum Liquido Cernene

Solaris build