Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 1 Remembering h2orat
09-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Captains,

It is with great sadness that I let you know that one of our colleagues and friends, Mark "H20rat" Valentine, passed away this past weekend after one year of battling cancer. Mark was an incredible artist who led our video team here at PWE/ Cryptic for many years, and produced some of our most amazing videos and trailers, including the famous STO Free-to-Play Launch Trailer and dozens more. Mark was also a very dedicated member of the STO community and played daily -- he loved to run STFs and hangout with the community in-game and during podcast tapings. He also has a featured spotlight mission in-game, "The Rising Phoenix - Part One", which was put up earlier this year.

Mark will be missed, but his legacy will live on forever. We'll see you among the stars, Mark.

Rest in peace,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Captain
# 2
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Rest in peace, Mark. Your Contributions will not be forgotten.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
09-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Mark was probably the most upbeat, passionate, funny, and dedicated people I've ever had the pleasure of knowing, let alone working with. Cryptic will miss him dearly.
-The Artist formerly known as Tumerboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightybobcnc View Post
Tacofangs, what is your beef with where's Sulu?
Career Officer
# 4
09-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks for all you did, Mark. Now go have some fun on Risa.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Oh man. I always loved his videos. RIP.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
09-09-2013, 04:47 PM
I was very sad to hear about Mark's passing. He was a talented artist, a good friend to the community and a fellow Foundry author. He'll be missed. My heart goes out to his family and friends.

@greendragoon
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-09-2013, 04:48 PM
RIP Mr. Valentine.

The Free to Play trailer is still my inspiration when I am feeling down. In interviews and in the forums, you always presented yourself as a person I would like to have called a friend. May we met someday beyond the stars.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]
Career Officer
# 8
09-09-2013, 04:49 PM
I knew the name sounded familiar when Nick posted it on twitter but could not place it at the time. Sorry to hear of his passing, his humor and video craftsmanship will be missed.

*readies the bagpipers and torpedo*
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-09-2013, 04:51 PM
:'( it a very sad day when we loose one of our community. Mr. Valentine, may you soar with the great bird of the galaxy and those who you loved and were loved by. May you rest in peace.
Ryan- RRF Engineer, R.R.W. Intraktu (Scimitar Dreadnought Warbird)
Brenan- UFP Engineer, U.S.S. Kuiper (Odyssey Tactical Star Cruiser)
Brandon- UFP Science, U.S.S. Menominee (Vesta Class)
Member since launch, LoR Closed Beta round 1, Lifetime Member
Career Officer
# 10
09-09-2013, 05:19 PM
My deepest sympathies to the friends and families.
Full Frontal Nerdity - A group that spans across STO, CO and NWO