Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,260
# 51
09-10-2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
The reason I dislike that is because we are finally in a place where Aux to Damps isn't still a lolpower to be ignored.

EPTE adds more speed, functions on EPTx cycles.

AID adds more turn, resistance, and functions on Aux to X cycles.

I like that the two of them are performing separate functions with regard to speed vs. turn.
That's a good point... really if was up to me and it isn't... I would leave it just the way it is. I don't see anything wrong with it. I remember zooming around just as much before... the only difference now is a well built sci ship can keep up with me and even some cruisers. Sure they have to find away to work in a EPTE... bo ho I don't really feel all that sorry for them.

As for breaking tractors... wth man most escorts have omega up 50% of the time these days... and lots of us are now running Aux to Damp almost all the time for complete immunity to shockwaves and gravity wells and even TBRs... and they are wining about this one that benifits them more... Heck they are admitting they don't put more then 15 power in there engines anymore. lmao
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 52
09-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
If its keeping you alive around as well as EPTS is that not balanced ? Just saying. Why should EPTS always be > then everything else.

As for zooming 50k away... bops used to do the same thing popping a battary and hitting evasive whats the difference..... Its evasive getting them out of range not EPTE. I never had any issue escaping tractor beams before.

Any way I'll stop arguing with the fat boat drivers, that don't like not being able to keep up to the speed scorts....

I'll agree it could be toned down with out making it useless... however if they reduce the speed buff I would like to see a turn buff added... Frankly it would help the crusiers running it more then the escorts... right now a cruiser or worse a carrier running EPTE is going to have a 5,000 mile turn radius. A turn buff to at least off set the rate of extra speed would be welcomed.

So as I said earlier... 50% less speed... with a turn buff equal to aprox an omega 1.
Evasive maneuvers doesn't take a player 50+ km away in 3 seconds. And it most certainly doesn't get someone out of gravity well I and tractor beam II when a chroniton torpedo procs. Prior to LoR, when a BoP popped Evasive Maneuvers + Engine battery, I'd do the same and catch up to them. There is just no way I can catch up to someone running an ensign level ability that provides speed faster than someone flying at full impulse with 9 points in driver coil on [Full]x3 engines.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,165
# 53
09-10-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I'm running EPTW. The higher the better.


Crutch?

Do you run any of these EPTS? TT? APO? HE? RSP?


There are a handful of powers we could try and label "crutches".

Let me know if you would let me choose any one of the powers (my choice, of one of those you use - and you do use some of them, every tac focused ship does) on that list to swap out for EPTE instead.
those are classic staples of gameplay. EPtE after LoR fundamentally changed the landscape of pvp overnight, and not for the better. it instantly nerfed any holds or slows, and created a clear separation line between escorts with or without, and replaced a tall ship feel with a space fighter feel.

you run EPtW? good for you. your a doubletapper now, that does not require much dog fighting. romulan decloak alphas dont require much dog fighting ether. and your part of one of the top pvp fleets, with plenty of sci's around to debuff and control.

for the record, if i had to choose between EPtE and one of those skills you listed, id choose EPtE. its doing me more good then any of those skills do me by themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I'll agree it could be toned down with out making it useless... however if they reduce the speed buff I would like to see a turn buff added... Frankly it would help the crusiers running it more then the escorts... right now a cruiser or worse a carrier running EPTE is going to have a 5,000 mile turn radius. A turn buff to at least off set the rate of extra speed would be welcomed.

So as I said earlier... 50% less speed... with a turn buff equal to aprox an omega 1.
cruisers with EPtE can make 3 point turns that can get them pointed in any direction they want far better then they have ever been able to before. only a cruiser that does not touch his throttle like a noob has a huge turn radios.


Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Heck they are admitting they don't put more then 15 power in there engines anymore. lmao
why should i run more then 15 eng power, most of the time, when at 15 power + EPtE i move faster then i do if i had no EPtE and just 125 eng power? why should i set it higher when its not possible to have less then 80 or so engine power because i also am benefiting from the power AtB gives? i already said i adjust my presets to top out eng power when needed, but whats that guy in an ody supposed to do with more then 70 eng power? what possible purpose would more then that serve an ody?
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,260
# 54
09-10-2013, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Evasive maneuvers doesn't take a player 50+ km away in 3 seconds. And it most certainly doesn't get someone out of gravity well I and tractor beam II when a chroniton torpedo procs. Prior to LoR, when a BoP popped Evasive Maneuvers + Engine battery, I'd do the same and catch up to them. There is just no way I can catch up to someone running an ensign level ability that provides speed faster than someone flying at full impulse with 9 points in driver coil on [Full]x3 engines.
Well to be frank I call bs... I don't think you where looking at his buff bar all that close. EPTE doesn't take you 50k away sorry... Evasive does that every time all the time.

If he/she flew out of your cron proc most likely they had omega up... and possibly Damp.

I run damp on almost everything now with the doff... Gravity well all you like I ignore them. Chron proc negated by omega 100%

Something tells me your example here is a bit hinky.... I would love it if epte on its own took me 50k away in seconds... but that is simply not the way it works.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,260
# 55
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
why should i run more then 15 eng power, most of the time, when at 15 power + EPtE i move faster then i do if i had no EPtE and just 125 eng power? why should i set it higher when its not possible to have less then 80 or so engine power because i also am benefiting from the power AtB gives? i already said i adjust my presets to top out eng power when needed, but whats that guy in an ody supposed to do with more then 70 eng power? what possible purpose would more then that serve an ody?
I don't disagree I don't run my Escorts with more then 25 shield power either... why should I ?

I got EPTS 1 on all the time... + the +20 shield power doff... I'm at 130 shield power all the time.... why run more then 25. lol

Power is a joke right now granted.... my point is if you have EPTx you can keep that x system run low with a proper spec and a leech go figure. Cryptic is stupid.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 56
09-10-2013, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Well to be frank I call bs... I don't think you where looking at his buff bar all that close. EPTE doesn't take you 50k away sorry... Evasive does that every time all the time.

If he/she flew out of your cron proc most likely they had omega up... and possibly Damp.

I run damp on almost everything now with the doff... Gravity well all you like I ignore them. Chron proc negated by omega 100%

Something tells me your example here is a bit hinky.... I would love it if epte on its own took me 50k away in seconds... but that is simply not the way it works.
I am a science officer, watching buffs is what I do. Actually read my post, I subnuked his Omega off. There was no Aux2Damp up at all, else he wouldn't have been knocked out by shockwave. He used both Evasive Maneuvers and EPtE, which is what took him out so fast. You try popping on the Omega Force Engines and try it, come back and just try to tell my you can't find a way to get 50ish Km away from a target in seconds.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 4,260
# 57
09-10-2013, 02:17 PM
Yes it makes you go zoom.... go figure lol he used 2 buffs you nuked him to quick you failed... hes still ran 50k... I'm sure he did lots of killing 50k away.

Try another experiment... DON"T use EPTE ... instead Pop a Engine battary and evasive and see what happens. lol Same thing right ? lol

Or if your getto... run an EPS unit... or one of them new fancy armour eps things.... and switch to full engines wait 3 seconds then hit evasvie... Same thing right... ZOOM.

lol its basic game mechanics... you could point to a bunch of issues here that are NOT EPTE.

How about your shockwave not stunning him for more then 0.5 seconds... how about your cron procs being negated by omega... Guess what if your torp proced in the system while his omega was up your nuking it doesn't retro active put the cron proc back into effect. Regardless Chrons where nerfed so hard that even if it did stick it doesn't matter... the only crons that really slow anyone anymore are DPB 3 mines if they all manage to land... the torps are a joke. Don't bother running them.

There are plenty of issues... but removing EPTE from that battle wouldn't have changed a thing.
Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,051
# 58
09-10-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Yes it makes you go zoom.... go figure lol he used 2 buffs you nuked him to quick you failed... hes still ran 50k... I'm sure he did lots of killing 50k away.

Try another experiment... DON"T use EPTE ... instead Pop a Engine battary and evasive and see what happens. lol Same thing right ? lol

Or if your getto... run an EPS unit... or one of them new fancy armour eps things.... and switch to full engines wait 3 seconds then hit evasvie... Same thing right... ZOOM.

lol its basic game mechanics... you could point to a bunch of issues here that are NOT EPTE.

How about your shockwave not stunning him for more then 0.5 seconds... how about your cron procs being negated by omega... Guess what if your torp proced in the system while his omega was up your nuking it doesn't retro active put the cron proc back into effect. Regardless Chrons where nerfed so hard that even if it did stick it doesn't matter... the only crons that really slow anyone anymore are DPB 3 mines if they all manage to land... the torps are a joke. Don't bother running them.

There are plenty of issues... but removing EPTE from that battle wouldn't have changed a thing.
Oh drop the high and mighty act already antonio, it gets so old. I can't count the number of times I've seen you on these PvP forums proclaiming how much of an expert on science you think you are, so drop the act here. You weren't there, stop making incorrect assumptions about how the fight played out. Pre-LoR, the attack I used on him would have stopped him dead in his tracks and we both know it. Chroniton Torpedoes + Tractor Beam II would have held a target in the gravity well even though engine battery + evasive maneuvers. You know EPtE is too powerful, yet you don't want it nerfed because it's your pet ability right now, too bad. If something is overperforming it should be brought back into line. You've spent this whole thread trying to deflect that by bringing up Emergency Power to Shields.

Last edited by majortiraomega; 09-10-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,289
# 59
09-10-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Yes the defense is simple... in its current state its still WEAKER then EPTS which is why I laugh at your notion that it needs to be changed.

I ran it BEFORE it got buffed... so it won't be leaving the majority of my ships. Ya they can nerf it if they like... I'm still going to be faster then you 90% of the time though... cause I was faster then everyone before the buff.
I think its stronger, epte is like permanent omega almost in its current state, you are immune to controls unless you fully spec into grav gens and have high aux, this is op for an ensign skill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Exactly, he's just not getting it. He likes EPTS the way it is, he probably likes TT the way it is.


What you are not understanding mark is that there is no Emergency Power stronger than EPTS, and yet you are calling to nerf one of the ones that are clearly a lesser choice when you have to choose.

So your post will have more credibility with players who understand mechanics once you are able to acknowledge that EPTS is still the undisputed king of Emergency powers and that if EPTE needs a nerf, EPTS intrinsically requires one as well.


It's not changing the topic, it's called "seeing the bigger picture".
You might need epts a litle more once you cant use epte to run from everything and be immune to controls, so no I think the opposite, nerf to epte makes epts more necessary and shouldnt be nerfed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
The speed boost on EPtE is so over the top. It allows an escort/raptor/warbird/bird of prey to completely ignore control effects. I will give an example. Last night I ran into a double tap high yield III/Dispersal Pattern Beta II Transphasic/Hyper Plasma Torpedo B'Rel. he decloaked at 0.88km and dropped his transphasic torps/mines, cluster torp, and hyper plasma torpedoes. I photonic shockwave III + tractor beam II, Omega I + Gravity Well I with a chroniton torpedo to slow (it procced), and subnuked his Omega III. He pops EPtE + Evasive Maneuvers and he's 46.4km away in 3 seconds. The sheer speed a player gets out of just EPtE is absurd. An ensign level ability should not provide immunity to a Lt., Lt. Commander, and Commander ability stacked up together. dontdrunkimshoot said it very well above, it needs a nerf badly.
Yes, this is why epte is more powerful then epts, I can shoot through epts much more often if epte wasn't letting targets break tractors. Its epte saving people more then epts, and only an ensign level version most of the time, thats too powerful for ensign skills.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,289
# 60
09-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
well this thread got weird. i detect a biased resistance to a toning down of the EPtE crutch, and the deflecting by saying how powerful EPtS is? thats funny, but transparent guys.

virus outlined nicely what EPtS does for you. and with the current shield power creep reality, its role and value in the shield resistance game has done nothing but diminish. elite shields need a nerf far more then EPtS does. exactly what i been saying, elite shields, either the resist proc less or less resist from ResB/ResA

what does EPtE do? it doubles, and in some cases tripples movement speed. that is insane. there used to be a multitude of things that you had to run to get optimum speed. those things arent even a factor now. you are more then fast enough running 15 engine power and EPtE 1. you dont have to run a hyper engine, borg or the nice KHG combat engine will do with no noticeable speed loss,you dont have to sacrifice any subsystem power to keep your speed up, drastically effecting aux heals or shields resistance and regen. its allowed engine power to be a dump stat, empowering the subsystems around it with 0 drawbacks, because EPtE is accounting for the majority of your movement speed, in place of all the components of speed that used to mater.
Yes I have been able to stay at higher then full impulse speeds permanently while running full weapon power doing this, if thats not op i dont know what is
and in combat, more then ever you can just push through any sort of hold or slow with it being only a slight annoyance, its near impossible to be stopped dead in your tracks when EPtE is running. its made it a lot harder for low turn rate ships to keep weapons on a target too, it makes an escort without EPtE nearly unable to even engage an escort with EPtE, without a team pulling out all the stops to control a target for him.
permanent omega basically
the shear level of damage avoidance you get from speeds quite literally never attainable before, is practically battlecloak levels of avoidance. and a faction can stack both quite easily. its never been easier to exploit Z, dive out of someone DHC arc, fly directly at and past your attacker so they only get a single weapons cycle on you, and you can always be close to your healer when you can cover a range of 10 in about 2 seconds.


im real tempted to use EPtW and EPtE on my warbirds these days, 90% of the time im playing my romulan i could totally get away with it, and kill even more reliably. be honest people, we all use and love EPtE, but its grotesquely op. simply nerf its bonus speed magnitude that has a 30 seconds duration in half, or have its bonus speed scale with engine power, so it could mater again what type of engine you run. i dont want what it does removed completely, but it is in a huge need to be toned down.
I think this post wins the thread, he summed it up exactly.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:51 AM.