Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,523
# 61
09-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Oh drop the high and mighty act already antonio, it gets so old. I can't count the number of times I've seen you on these PvP forums proclaiming how much of an expert on science you think you are, so drop the act here. You weren't there, stop making incorrect assumptions about how the fight played out. Pre-LoR, the attack I used on him would have stopped him dead in his tracks and we both know it. Chroniton Torpedoes + Tractor Beam II would have held a target in the gravity well even though engine battery + evasive maneuvers. You know EPtE is too powerful, yet you don't want it nerfed because it's your pet ability right now, too bad. If something is overperforming it should be brought back into line. You've spent this whole thread trying to deflect that by bringing up Emergency Power to Shields.
Your acting like the only thing that changed with LOR (or there abouts) is EPTE... and its not.

There is no deflection you can't really be that dense. The EPTx where changed because everyone agreeed pre LOR that there was no point in running any of the other EPTx. So Cryptic decided to buff them... BOPS running away with EPTE or Engine batts is nothing new... don't act like that didn't happen before LOR cause it did all the time.

Many things have changed in the last 4 or 5 months... one Chronitons where nerfed hard... not sure why you are still running them.

Frannkly pre LOR bops ran out of gravity well all the time... people have been QQing about GW for 2 years.

I'm sorry EPTE is not the problem... it is at last a viable alternative to EPTS...

So you got frustrated when a bop used his F U button and ran away.

They get frustrated every time you ETPS and tac team.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 62
09-10-2013, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
Your acting like the only thing that changed with LOR (or there abouts) is EPTE... and its not.

There is no deflection you can't really be that dense. The EPTx where changed because everyone agreeed pre LOR that there was no point in running any of the other EPTx. So Cryptic decided to buff them... BOPS running away with EPTE or Engine batts is nothing new... don't act like that didn't happen before LOR cause it did all the time.

Many things have changed in the last 4 or 5 months... one Chronitons where nerfed hard... not sure why you are still running them.

Frannkly pre LOR bops ran out of gravity well all the time... people have been QQing about GW for 2 years.

I'm sorry EPTE is not the problem... it is at last a viable alternative to EPTS...

So you got frustrated when a bop used his F U button and ran away.

They get frustrated every time you ETPS and tac team.
I play a bop all the time still and I don't get fustrated over epts and tac team, I take it for granted that it will be up. My BO3 will crit through that on most people, epte will be more likely to save them by breaking my tractor and giving them def bonus so the crit is less likely to happen, or possibly a complete miss. Def bonus is more powerful then the shield resist given by epts by itself which doesn't get you near the resist cap, but epte breaking a hold can mean the difference between 0 def bonus and max def bonus. Shield resist become more of a problem only when other stuff is stacked on top of epts like tss, es, and elite shields, so that is where shield resists need to be looked at, not epts.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 148
# 63
09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
EptE is finally a viable power. There is no need to change it. Same with EptW and EptA.

Ironic seeing people complaining about EptE being so overpowered it prevents then from running 2 copies of EptS...and which BOff skill is overpowered again? =P
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,523
# 64
09-10-2013, 02:44 PM
I never called for a EPTS nerf.. .I just pointed out that logic would dictate if you nerf one of the eptx cause its to powerful cause people use it to survive... EPTS should follow... as more people use it to survive and in MOST cases to better effect.

I get that you been around the block as well... EPTE counters a bunch of stuff no doubt. Its hardly god mode I break everything though. I wish it was I would drop my PH and My Omega (well perhaps keep the omega). lol

EPTE is just part of a stay moving stradagy... I don't find it to powerful... and most people combo epte with other speed buffs.

Anyway you know my thoughts on it ... EPTE is fine just as it is.

Power Creep is the issue that is driving you nuts... if someone is in a tractor... they can now break it with 50% uptime on omega... if that isn't an option well as you say defense is an issue... but again its not ETPE ... its a bunch of stacked boff passives that is giving them +20 defense just sitting still.

You can point at defense and make a logical argument for there being to much of it... but the speed buff isn't the issue... speed defense is hard capped. However we now have ways to get 30s evasives with out burning doffs slots... and through doffs we can keep our immunities like Omega up 50% of the time. (I have seen some people running Omega + doffs + PH for 100% tractor immunity). I would say to you its all this other creep junk that is the issue... not the boff skill.

PS... if people popping all the BS skills like tac team doesn't drive you nuts why does epte + evasive ? because they end up 50k away ?
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
# 65
09-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Mostly because it continued to emphasize spike, and further marginalize cruisers.

Full uptime with lower resistance is a better design for less yo-yo mechanics IMO.

... snip ...
But, it's not full uptime w/lower effects. It's full uptime w/large effects. How is 100% spike uptime a good thing?

I'm still not seeing how it would have hurt cruisers to have eptx unchainable. They're still most capably of 20 sec+rsps, massive power across the board aiding in regen, repairs and resists, so they're most suited to take the spike damage. They would also be able to apply AoE damage to all those spikers who now have wholes in their defenses and less ability to sustain a defense under that pressure.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,450
# 66
09-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I never called for a EPTS nerf.. .I just pointed out that logic would dictate if you nerf one of the eptx cause its to powerful cause people use it to survive... EPTS should follow... as more people use it to survive and in MOST cases to better effect.

I get that you been around the block as well... EPTE counters a bunch of stuff no doubt. Its hardly god mode I break everything though. I wish it was I would drop my PH and My Omega (well perhaps keep the omega). lol

EPTE is just part of a stay moving stradagy... I don't find it to powerful... and most people combo epte with other speed buffs.

Anyway you know my thoughts on it ... EPTE is fine just as it is.

Power Creep is the issue that is driving you nuts... if someone is in a tractor... they can now break it with 50% uptime on omega... if that isn't an option well as you say defense is an issue... but again its not ETPE ... its a bunch of stacked boff passives that is giving them +20 defense just sitting still.

You can point at defense and make a logical argument for there being to much of it... but the speed buff isn't the issue... speed defense is hard capped. However we now have ways to get 30s evasives with out burning doffs slots... and through doffs we can keep our immunities like Omega up 50% of the time. (I have seen some people running Omega + doffs + PH for 100% tractor immunity). I would say to you its all this other creep junk that is the issue... not the boff skill.

PS... if people popping all the BS skills like tac team doesn't drive you nuts why does epte + evasive ? because they end up 50k away ?

There are other issues w/it. W/the high speeds it's more often an effect reverts and doesn't take effect if there's any kind of latency then there was before. What was in range when the effect was used was determined after the fact to be out of range. This is very annoying when the cooldown doesn't reset back to zero.

This has a similar effect to weapon damage which is dependent on range and can greatly reduce the damage based on the calculation instead of say 4km when fired, is 9km b/c of the latency and high speed of the target.

The target can also avoid damage and cc much easier by staying out of arcs. Yes, the turning arc may get higher, but a quick j-turn or temp lowering throttle while turning then back to full throttle takes care of that.

It's even effective when at full impulse which I think is new post LoR, at least I don't remember getting a speed boost from using EPtE at full impulse before.
[Zone] Dack@****: cowards can't take a fed 1 on 1 crinckley cowards Hahahaha you smell like flowers
Random Quote from Kerrat
"Sumlobus@****: your mums eat Iced Targ Poo"
C&H Fed banter
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,099
# 67
09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trekkietravis View Post
EptE is finally a viable power. There is no need to change it. Same with EptW and EptA.

Ironic seeing people complaining about EptE being so overpowered it prevents then from running 2 copies of EptS...and which BOff skill is overpowered again? =P
Its way too viable where it has become must have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I never called for a EPTS nerf.. .I just pointed out that logic would dictate if you nerf one of the eptx cause its to powerful cause people use it to survive... EPTS should follow... as more people use it to survive and in MOST cases to better effect.

I get that you been around the block as well... EPTE counters a bunch of stuff no doubt. Its hardly god mode I break everything though. I wish it was I would drop my PH and My Omega (well perhaps keep the omega). lol

EPTE is just part of a stay moving stradagy... I don't find it to powerful... and most people combo epte with other speed buffs.

Anyway you know my thoughts on it ... EPTE is fine just as it is.

Power Creep is the issue that is driving you nuts... if someone is in a tractor... they can now break it with 50% uptime on omega... if that isn't an option well as you say defense is an issue... but again its not ETPE ... its a bunch of stacked boff passives that is giving them +20 defense just sitting still.

You can point at defense and make a logical argument for there being to much of it... but the speed buff isn't the issue... speed defense is hard capped. However we now have ways to get 30s evasives with out burning doffs slots... and through doffs we can keep our immunities like Omega up 50% of the time. (I have seen some people running Omega + doffs + PH for 100% tractor immunity). I would say to you its all this other creep junk that is the issue... not the boff skill.

PS... if people popping all the BS skills like tac team doesn't drive you nuts why does epte + evasive ? because they end up 50k away ?
People could always have 50% uptime on omega by running 2x omega or ever since the gamma quadrant doffs came out over a year ago I think, and neither have been touched at all since then so I doubt that will change, however epte change was more recent. The change is so extreme, it trashed most of my pre LoR builds because you have to run epte to keep up with other escorts in dogfights, to be able to outrun people when fleeing or chasing someone, where as before LoR you didn't have to run epte and could still do this stuff. Its like having 2 or 3 doff slots stolen from you. I'm used to dealing with tac team and epts and having to run them, but this one more thing we are being forced to run and I'm tired of having limited choices when building my ships. Undoing the buff epte was given in LoR will make it still a good optional choice, just not mandatory.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,466
# 68
09-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I never called for a EPTS nerf.. .I just pointed out that logic would dictate if you nerf one of the eptx cause its to powerful cause people use it to survive... EPTS should follow... as more people use it to survive and in MOST cases to better effect.

I get that you been around the block as well... EPTE counters a bunch of stuff no doubt. Its hardly god mode I break everything though. I wish it was I would drop my PH and My Omega (well perhaps keep the omega). lol

EPTE is just part of a stay moving stradagy... I don't find it to powerful... and most people combo epte with other speed buffs.

Anyway you know my thoughts on it ... EPTE is fine just as it is.

Power Creep is the issue that is driving you nuts... if someone is in a tractor... they can now break it with 50% uptime on omega... if that isn't an option well as you say defense is an issue... but again its not ETPE ... its a bunch of stacked boff passives that is giving them +20 defense just sitting still.

You can point at defense and make a logical argument for there being to much of it... but the speed buff isn't the issue... speed defense is hard capped. However we now have ways to get 30s evasives with out burning doffs slots... and through doffs we can keep our immunities like Omega up 50% of the time. (I have seen some people running Omega + doffs + PH for 100% tractor immunity). I would say to you its all this other creep junk that is the issue... not the boff skill.

PS... if people popping all the BS skills like tac team doesn't drive you nuts why does epte + evasive ? because they end up 50k away ?

This!! So this. EPTE on its own is not that game breaking. It's a good power, on par with many others. It's when you stack it with other movement buffs that you start noticing weird things happening. We've seen this many times before with so many powers, stacking of abilities that causes wonky/broken effects. Simple fix is lowering the max speed for escorts, create a hard cap for speed.


Eh, what do I know?
I want an official persistent officer title.
**~Reality under scrutiny~**
@haudace
UFP Fleet: Operation Omega Task Force | KDF Fleet: KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 318
# 69
09-10-2013, 06:43 PM
Added to the issue is with the helmsman trait, redone rcs and new neutronium consoles a ship can actually use all that speed, I'm messing about with a vesta that runs at 38 turnrate before I hit APO/A, and fast turning ships are just simply absurd. I made a speed freak Corvette that has triple digit turnrate with tac buffs and easily stays inside of the arches of DS9 at 250+ impulse. Before that was sole territory of klingon Bops. Use to be all speed was good for was running to or from a fight.

For a humorous nerf leave its speed as is but make it add 30 inertia as well, sort of a say hello to Newton for me.

Last edited by hroothvitnir; 09-10-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 239
# 70
09-11-2013, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
PS... if people popping all the BS skills like tac team doesn't drive you nuts why does epte + evasive ? because they end up 50k away ?
Because I want to play Star Trek and not some flight simulator. EptE makes ships way to damn fast. Torps, which were questionable pre-LoR, are now useless. Ships are easily outrunning cannons. A BoP in reverse with EptE can now outrun borg ships Cryptic needs to slow the game down. If they insist on current speeds then vastly increase weapon travel times. Out running cannon fire is even more dumb than KDF and Feds flying Dominion ships against each other.

Now because you brought it up earlier, I agree TT is over-powered. But only because manually doing the same thing is so much slower. EptS is not OP by itself. Only when stacked with TT + ES/TSS. Imagine shield power at 15 or 25 and then using EptS1 while taking fire. Thats not going to save you. Now have Shield power at 80/90 and doing the same thing that will help. WptW/WptA are in the same boat. They compliment your power in the system. EptE negates just about all holds all by itself and renders putting points in engine power unnecessary, so it is OP.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 AM.