Lt. Commander
# 1 Fleet Actions still unplayable
01-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Still having huge problems playing massive fleet actions, not even going to go there on last nights Borg event. Everytime I enter an instance with alot of other players I get what appears to be heavy packet loss. It can take between 10-20 secs to respond to actions, and my ship "rubberbands" across the screen. Sol system can be like this also, but is fine if there aren't many people about. As soon as I can eventually get a warp to system or dock option to work, I get disconnected, every time.

I don't think it's my PC, which above recommended specs. Most of the game runs fine/smooth with little problems on med/high settings at fairly constant 60FPS. I've tried dropping to absolute minimum graphic settings, no diffference. I've played with nearly every setting to see if something was causing it on my end, nothing makes any difference. Nor does trying different graphic drivers, as the game is fine anywhere else, leads me to believe it's not my PC.

It's not my ISP either, as it's running at most about 5% capacity when in STO. I can still access the web with no delays whilst STO is having a fit.

It's strange that I can play the rest of the game with no probs, 5v5 pvp games I've had graphics to near max and it's played beautifully and smoothly.

Is there some different code going on in massive player instances that just lag me out?

I hope I'm not the only one with this and it's something that's being addressed as it's going to be a big part of the game (esp. end game) that I'll not be able to participate in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-28-2010, 05:36 AM
I can't be the only one experiencing this?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Ok still having major probs here. Just went through a starbase 24 fleet action. I have /netgraph running and have been keeping close eye on readings.

At start of mission I was hitting around 240 ping, which has been playable. First wave of Klingons no issues, but second wave with the battlecruisers sent my ping to over 5k send packets 14 receive 6166788 or so!!!

Which soon after killed me as I'm totally unable to do anything, a few mins to get respawn option and around 4 mins for the respawn to work. By which point the 20 klingons were dead, zone reset, and I went back to 240ping.

During my inactivity I went and turned all graphics to rock bottom, no difference. I'm running 190.62 nvidia drivers on my 8800GTS 512 (get 60fps steady on most content).

I also experience this when in Sol System, but I can just about shuffle over to station with a bit of patience..

Can someone from Cryptic help?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-01-2010, 02:41 PM
I have started having major problems tonight, the games basicly unplayable has been for the last 6 hours. I was stuck in an instance for 2hrs earlier im now stuck at sol station. Its taking anything up to 10 minutes for a action to actually register and like you i know its not my p.c i played all through beta without any of these lag problems. So much for "headstart" out of 20-25hrs i had available to play over the last 3 days i have managed 3hrs the rest of the time was being stuck or rubberbanding across the screen.