Captain
# 41
09-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
sci could use some more nerfing....
How about two things?

1) Add a To-Hit Roll for SNB.
2) Add Critical Misses to the game, so you hit yourself.

Captain
# 42
09-11-2013, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
How about two things?

1) Add a To-Hit Roll for SNB.
2) Add Critical Misses to the game, so you hit yourself.

but with my luck, I would alpha critical miss all the freaking time

lol

and I'm for a to-hit roll for SNB but only for the CD reduction not the buff stripping.
Captain
# 43
09-11-2013, 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
but with my luck, I would alpha critical miss all the freaking time
Thissler's thing about a one roll thing got me thinking about it.

1-100, with room for: Critical Miss, Miss, Hit, Critical Hit

And yeah, lol - I was picturing something going wrong with a torp - detonating inside the ship, thus no shield reduction...and...boom!

Course, I do that enough dropping Beach Balls that are popped by FAW before the Beach Ball even appears on my screen. Willard was killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmy1081 View Post
and I'm for a to-hit roll for SNB but only for the CD reduction not the buff stripping.
Honestly, I'm not a fan of anything have a 100% to-hit - not a fan of the lack of hardening (somebody with 250 Sensors should not get jammed as easily as a guy with 0 Sensors) - not a fan of buff stripping (nor of how cleanses work for debuff stripping either).
Career Officer
# 44
09-11-2013, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716 View Post
sci could use some more nerfing....

Well...to be honest.

I think SNB probably does too much.

I think stripping Captain buffs in particular, all of them, is problematic game design.

It allows for the Sci captain, and the Sci captain alone, to hold the only trump card in the entire game vs. the other two captain types.

It allows for the Sci captain to be ironically the most immune to "losing" their "buff" powers since Sensor Scan, Subnuc & Photonic Fleet are not even Buffs that can be stripped.

Whereas the Tac can lose APA, Tac Init, GDF & Tac Fleet and the Eng can lose RSF, EPS, NI & Eng Fleet.

I like the punch counter punch gameplay of it, but I also think that it should only:

A) Strip 1 captain buff maximum, or perhaps be a chance based mechanic to strip 1 or more powers.

or

B) All Captain buffs have a X # of seconds grace period vs. buff strip.

or

C) Select Captain powers are simply immune to being stripped.

Premade teams often take 3 Scis. It's very strong.

If they drop a Tac and pick up a 4th Sci, it gets stronger.

If they drop a Sci and pick up a Tac or Eng, there is a good chance the team will be weaker.

Sorry for the off-topic post.

Captain
# 45
09-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Sci has its coming shortly I would think all joking aside.

I believe we are likely to see the 5s SNB lockout on the double nuke soon... I mean... at this point I think 5 man sci teams are pretty much the accepted best practice now I think.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Career Officer
# 46
09-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post

I believe we are likely to see the 5s SNB lockout on the double nuke soon... I mean... at this point I think 5 man sci teams are pretty much the accepted best practice now I think.

For the love of...

Don't give Jorf any more ammunition than he needs man, I know you guys are both from the wild North...but come on.

Captain
# 47
09-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post

5s is way too short. Also, if I'm not mistaken, sci team gives you immunity to science debuff for 5s seconds.
Reality is WAR

KHG Klingon Honor Guard
Career Officer
# 48
09-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deokkent View Post
5s is way too short. Also, if I'm not mistaken, sci team gives you immunity to science debuff for 5s seconds.

5s is not too short.

If they institute a hard lockout on SNB right now in the current game - it would be pretty awful for premade PvP.

Captain
# 49
09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
5s is not too short.

If they institute a hard lockout on SNB right now in the current game - it would be pretty awful for premade PvP.
Not just premades...but everybody.

Coordinated unable to kill folks would not be that far off from PUGland where there might be three guys shooting at three different butterflies, one guy glaring menacingly at a dandelion, and the fifth guy daydreaming as he watches clouds pass overhead.

I still prefer the idea of the SNB removing a set number of buffs, scaled off of SNB. Coordinated folks could still strip somebody...but Joe Random's not going to strip somebody.

Course, I always package that with my "complaint" about cleanses (c'mon, a TT1 can cleanse an APB3...an HE1 can cleanse an AB3/ES3...they've got Ensign abilities cleansing LCdr/Cmdr stuff - even Captain stuff...meh)...

...but with them doing the 40% cleanse everything DOFF on EPtX use - meh, yeah - it's hard to care.

Fly around in circles, somebody's going to die...whoopee.
Captain
# 50
09-11-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
5s is not too short.

Perhaps thats what needs to happen... PvP needs to hit bottom.

To be honest though I'm seeing less and less reason to not just run 5 man sci teams all the time... I mean we all hate on the fleets that are douche enough to do it... seriously though perhaps its time we just give in and realize Sci is the pvp class.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.