Commander
... I'm enjoying the heck out of this game. I'd tried it twice before and thought it was ok then, but for some reason I'm really digging it now. It seems like ... well, like a better game. Don't know what it is, whether it's the DX11 mode making the visuals look spiffy when cranked up to the max, or the new UI being much, much clearer to use than the old, confusingly same-looking icon coloured old UI, or whether it's that the stories that are being told are better, but I loved the Romulan story to bits, and I'm actually enjoying all the storylines I can do, as well as the Foundry stuff. It's like this endless treasure-trove of Trekkiness!

From reading the forums, I'm aware that there are, as with many MMOs, some long-standing bugs and problems at the endgame, which annoy old-timers, but just as a casual solo player's experience, with a s-f MMO, it's really very, very good indeed. Plays smoothly, both space and ground (used to hate the ground, now I love it, and I don't even use the fps mode).

Something about the build system has been simplified from when I remember it, but I think it's to the good - seems to all make a kind of sense now, whereas before I never felt I'd grasped the system properly. Even Sci seems to make sense now (and seems quite powerful, at least for me as a casual soloist).

I've yet to get any teaming action going, or PvP (which I do enjoy as a sideline, even though I'm crap at it ), and I read about problems there, but, again, it's not apparent to me yet.

Anyway, just to let the devs know I'm loving the game, and hopefully a few others who are enjoying it can chime in too. GJ Cryptic!

I just wish Cryptic would bring Champs up to speed, with a Foundry and some general tarting up, then I'd be in heaven!
Captain
# 2
09-10-2013, 01:26 AM
I love this game also.

My biggest problems are ones that are kind of by choice.

Things like rep grind, and exchange prices.

But now that i focus less on it, its better i just do as i go.......
Inertia just means you can do Powerslides in you carrier!
I am Il Shadow and i approve these Shennanigans!
Cryptic Studios Team
# 3
09-10-2013, 08:21 AM
Woo! Glad you're liking it!
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Lieutenant
# 4
09-10-2013, 08:23 AM
I love this game also. I just wish there was more of it; i.e. story content.
Captain
# 5
09-10-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
... From reading the forums,...
this clarifies things pretty well when it comes to the forums...

# 6
09-10-2013, 08:27 AM
I love this game too. I love it by trying to tell Cryptic everything I (and others) hate about it.
@HyperLimited - Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff - FIX THE UI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Career Officer
# 7
09-10-2013, 08:30 AM
I love this Game but it takes to mutch of my money every month.

And i want more new Missions and mutch less new Ships!

But in the next days i might play more Arma 3 then STO.

And some Missions are unplayable iven with a Strong 4 Core CPU and a GTX 680 that has to change. Like the Fleetbase Defence 20 Player Mission.
18 Cpt on the way to 60: 14 of them are already 50 or over 50, one is 60 and 3 almost 43
Subscribed For: 4 years 5 months 20 days at 26.10.2014
Captain
# 8
09-10-2013, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurugeorge View Post
I just wish Cryptic would bring Champs up to speed, with a Foundry and some general tarting up, then I'd be in heaven!
They did that once, it was called "City of Heroes". Then they sold out to some Korean outfit whose name I can't remember (probably blocked it out) and made Champions, which was a huge step backward.
Captain
# 9
09-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by royalsovereign View Post
They did that once, it was called "City of Heroes". Then they sold out to some Korean outfit whose name I can't remember (probably blocked it out) and made Champions, which was a huge step backward.
rofl...says 'you' ....

I played CoX for a while...then checked out CO during open beta.....I never went back to CoX...even when they went F2P before the lights went out.

tomato / tamato .... aint gonna argue ....just coming to agree to wholly disagree with that assessment.

Last edited by cgta1967; 09-10-2013 at 08:39 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
09-10-2013, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnshadow27 View Post
But now that i focus less on it, its better i just do as i go.......
I think this is key. If you're not enjoying a particular aspect of the game, why punish yourself with it?

Any time I get sick of the rep grind or some other activity, I just go find something more interesting to do (or, heaven forbid, take a couple days off). There's plenty of fun to be had in the game.