Captain
I accepted a challenge from someone wondering if a full turret boat would be viable.
Using a regular assault cruiser, that challenge was just reach at a modest 5.7k.

Now 5.7k isn't much, but with most of the sto community unable to reach 5k and repeatedly saying 5k is all you, I would say it's a fairly viable build....using a stronger ship, "honing" aux2bat skill(first time I used aux2 bat) it may be pushed to 8-10k dps

Here's the build

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...rretsunbound_0

Doffs were 2 blue techs, 1 purple tech, 1 warp core, and an evasive

Things I learned...

Full power to aux is the way to go, warp core doff, leech and the boost from aux to bat made everything 125

Marion wasn't needed here at all

All turrets would sometimes not fire...

Survivability was great, you barely draw aggro and when you do you can take some hits before someo.e comes back

Aux2bat is brutal if you want it to be efficient...if you can, use 2 same abilities for an easier time with gcd
Chive on and prosper, eh?

My PvE/PvP hybrid skill tree
Captain
# 2
09-10-2013, 03:23 PM
Parsed results incoming when I get the time after work

Empire Veteran
# 3
09-10-2013, 05:04 PM
To quote an old thread (turret boats have been around before).....

Turrets FTW!!!!!!
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-10-2013, 05:10 PM
So you took a bog-standard cruiser build, substituted turrets for beams, and claim that this took serious thought and effort. Good for you.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
09-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
So you took a bog-standard cruiser build, substituted turrets for beams, and claim that this took serious thought and effort. Good for you.
Is somebody having a bad day?

I, for one, find it refreshing to see something other than the typical FAW spam build for assault cruisers. Indeed, turrets FTW.
Captain
# 6
09-10-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiedeadheaded View Post
Whoa, Mr. Hateraide...best you pour that crap out before you have an aneurysm. Someone wanted to see a viable turret build and I slapped together what I had, which ended up working

Can it be improved? Hell, ya. I said it I. My original post says it can...and what builds don't take some thought, may I ask? Ship building is extremely easy in this game outside pvp

Captain
# 7
09-10-2013, 05:40 PM
I would go with the 2-piece Omega set to get the tetryon glyder instead of the full monty ehm borg set.

As for the energy type.. i would only go polaron on a Jem Hadar Bug.
If you want to make a turret build work then it is key to maximize the potential of a damage type.

Assuming PVE since this build is not close to viable in pvp there are 3 potential damage types to achieve that.

- Plasma if you aim for DoT damage
- Antiproton for Critical damage potential
- Disruptor for the reduced resistance.

I would probably go with the disruptor.
Captain
# 8
09-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by questerius View Post
I would go with the 2-piece Omega set to get the tetryon glyder instead of the full monty ehm borg set.

As for the energy type.. i would only go polaron on a Jem Hadar Bug.
If you want to make a turret build work then it is key to maximize the potential of a damage type.

Assuming PVE since this build is not close to viable in pvp there are 3 potential damage types to achieve that.

- Plasma if you aim for DoT damage
- Antiproton for Critical damage potential
- Disruptor for the reduced resistance.

I would probably go with the disruptor.
If I were to min max this. I would go with a build like this...

http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?...urretextreme_0

As I said, the original build is what I had with me.

the build I just posted makes hitting gcds way easier...i can see it being over 10k rather easily