Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Commander
Quote:
Hi Captains,

It is with great sadness that I let you know that one of our colleagues and friends, Mark "H20rat" Valentine, passed away this past weekend after one year of battling cancer. Mark was an incredible artist who led our video team here at PWE/ Cryptic for many years, and produced some of our most amazing videos and trailers, including the famous STO Free-to-Play Launch Trailer and dozens more. Mark was also a very dedicated member of the STO community and played daily -- he loved to run STFs and hangout with the community in-game and during podcast tapings. He also has a featured spotlight mission in-game, "The Rising Phoenix - Part One", which was put up earlier this year.

Mark will be missed, but his legacy will live on forever. We'll see you among the stars, Mark.

Rest in peace,

Brandon =/\=

(I ask Klingons romulans and the federation players to unite for this cause))

In honor of Mark Valentine "H20rat" I propose to everyone that one of the new ships coming out should be named Valentine class or at the very least one of the npc ships (perhaps in task force omega) renamed U.S.S. Valentine as a tribute to this awesome guy.

(with cbs's permission of course. this could work with enough support)

Last edited by astro2244; 09-10-2013 at 05:34 PM.
Commander
# 2
09-10-2013, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post

In honor of Mark Valentine "H20rat" I propose to everyone that one of the new ships coming out should be named Valentine class or at the very least one of the npc ships (perhaps in task force omega) renamed U.S.S. Valentine as a tribute to this awesome guy.

I support this idea!
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-10-2013, 05:43 PM
You have my support as well!
http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m121/Jagged_Phoenix/SignatureJabitha4_zps2cadf7c1.jpg
Captain
# 4
09-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Do support!
U.S.S. Pyxis NX-92673 - ( Fleet Defiant ), U.S.S. Rukantha - ( Delta Class )
I.K.S. Faru Sadin - ( Fleet B'rel )
R.R.W. Rhadamanthys - ( Fleet T'Varo )

"Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." - Me
Lt. Commander
Commander
# 6
09-10-2013, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the support everyone. please spread the word.
Captain
# 7
09-10-2013, 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astro2244 View Post

I agree that one of the best ways to honor him is to make some of his characters/ships perminant Omega Force NPCs.
Ensign
# 8
09-10-2013, 08:15 PM
+1 to the idea - the guy had some serious story-telling skills in the way he laid out some of those videos, deserves to be remembered
Captain
# 9
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
This is a great idea.
Captain
# 10
09-10-2013, 08:18 PM
I think it would be better if they used an original design, possibly a runner up from the design the next enterprize, or one of the better original concept ships. I, however, fully agree that a tribute ship would be a great way to remember him. Another idea would be to add him (or his characters) as contacts and Npc's in upcoming or future content.

Either way, i'm sure His friends and coworkers will do what they feel, he would have liked to remember him.