Career Officer
# 41
09-26-2013, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dareau View Post
Wi

Yet Scotty, the penultimate Redshirt, survived the whole series without a single bloody nose or black eye. Redshirts + low rank = victim. Seems TNG spent so much money on makeup they couldn't afford to hire the extra to bite it every other episode...
didnt he have a black eye after the bar brawl in trouble with tribbles?
Ensign
# 42
11-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Scotty also was killed in an episode. I can't remeber the name, but the Enterprise beams some kind of robot that looks like a overly equiped darlek onboard and it starts casuing trouble. After saying something that irritates Scotty he approaches it and it hits him with some sort of weapon, after Kirk orders it to be detained it resurrects our favorite highlander.
Captain
# 43
11-02-2013, 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltman12 View Post
Scotty also was killed in an episode. I can't remeber the name, but the Enterprise beams some kind of robot that looks like a overly equiped darlek onboard and it starts casuing trouble. After saying something that irritates Scotty he approaches it and it hits him with some sort of weapon, after Kirk orders it to be detained it resurrects our favorite highlander.
So he was killed, but it didn't take. I rest my case.
Vadm. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 44
11-02-2013, 08:10 PM
+1.

I guess you could limit it to tier III ships that are of the 23 century. I can imagine an entire episode arc (5-10 episodes). Maybe something about a malfunctioning Iconian gateway strands you in the past and you have to make your way back somehow.
Captain
# 45
11-02-2013, 11:56 PM
why not, throw the TOS fans a bone , I'm unlikely to spend much time on it myself , since i don't fancy Running about the Galaxy in brightly coloured pajama's, but each to their own

At the very least they could add more TOS Assets to the foundry, Maybe even some ENT and 29th century Assets so we can go Time traveling in style

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Captain
# 46
11-03-2013, 06:09 AM
I could see it as a retro weekend type deal or a special time warp area. Other than that -shrug-
Captain Marrik Steele, USS Nike(Avenger)
Captain Lunamaria Hawke, IKS Eclipse(Varanus)
Commander Altair RRW Anduril(Ak'rif Warbird)
Captain
# 47
11-03-2013, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adverbero View Post
why not, throw the TOS fans a bone , I'm unlikely to spend much time on it myself , since i don't fancy Running about the Galaxy in brightly coloured pajama's, but each to their own

At the very least they could add more TOS Assets to the foundry, Maybe even some ENT and 29th century Assets so we can go Time traveling in style
Brightly colored pajamas would be TNG.
Captain
# 48
11-03-2013, 08:48 AM
this could be just easily implemented.
a Zone, similar to the soon to come, sphere...where your ship is disguised as a 23rd century ship of the line.

could be stretched and made many, many incarnations of other times.
imagine fighting in the dominian war.

WOW did it with the caverns of times, see no reason why star trek online couldn't do that.

you get recruited by temporal agents, like archer in enterprise, and you fight your way through events and historic moments throughout the history of the federation...or even before that (I see medival planets with a certain focus on melee combat!)

if dinos with lasers isn't farfetched, medival melee combat certainly can't be!
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 11-03-2013 at 08:51 AM.
Captain
# 49
11-03-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whamhammer1 View Post
Brightly colored pajamas would be TNG.
TOS , Early TNG, they both had very silly uniforms that were too brightly coloured and oddly designed , need i say Skant?

For this is the reason i wear the Jupiter and Odyssey Uniforms, you know the professional looking ones, and do not wish to be reminded of Captains wearing an open chested V wraparound tunic

Off to your own server with you, and take your Silly pajamas with you

These are the Voyages on the STO forum, the final frontier. Our continuing mission: to explore Pretentious Posts, to seek out new Overreactions and Misinformation , to boldly experience Cynicism like no man has before.......
Republic Veteran
# 50
11-04-2013, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
And some of us are not even sure if it is still 2409. Going from Ensign to Vice Admiral in less than a year seems a tad too fast even for Kirk.
Shpere of influence takes place october 31st 2409. aand what are you talking about? war's are usually the ONLY time where anyone get's quickly promoted. considering how many fronts this war has it doesnt surprise me at all. but thats assuming the rank really means anything, in this game it just means what type of ship you command. besides, it sounds cooler to say "I'm a vice admiral" not "I'm level 50"

===post above is by tenkari===

EDIT: Closed for necroing an old thread. Remember, if a thread has been inactive for 30 days, you should not post to it. Feel free to create a new thread on the subject if you would like to discuss further ~BranFlakes
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.

Last edited by pwebranflakes; 11-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Closed Thread