Empire Veteran
# 1 Earning EC quickly
09-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Im not really knew to the game but gathering ec hasn't been one of my priorities while playing.Trying to save up around 40million ec in a short period of time, and setup a way to continue to make ec off the market.Any suggestions would be nice , since i have lifetime sub i get 500zen per month so i plain on selling ship modules since they go i think for around 7mill
Captain
# 2
09-18-2013, 02:05 PM
Aside from messing around on the Exchange, there are some EC-farming foundry missions where you just blow stuff up then vendor the drops. Junk, but ends up being a couple hundred grand for a few minutes of spacebar mashing. If you've got the skills and setups to do so, you can farm Gorn Minefield, Starbase 24, or Crystalline Entity, and if you place you can get some decently valuable gear (sometimes). And there is a decent amount to be made from DOFFing, either the "Fabricate Experimental <x>' engineering missions (usually junk, but vendors buy it), or doff farming to sell for starbase projects. None if it is as flashy and 'make millions in 20 minutes!!!' but it adds up to a mil or two a day without being particularly stressful.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-18-2013, 03:10 PM
If you like a little risk with your farming, there's always Ker'rat. One of the few places in the game that drops MK XII gear.

It's a PvPvE zone though, so other players will definitely attempt to make your day miserable.
Captain
# 4
09-18-2013, 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcokecan View Post
If you like a little risk with your farming, there's always Ker'rat. One of the few places in the game that drops MK XII gear.

It's a PvPvE zone though, so other players will definitely attempt to make your day miserable.
Eh if they find out you're farming they'll deliberately target you in particular. Its a pleasant place that way. Personally I'd wish they'd take all the loot drops out of Kerrat (or at least downgrade the drops to STF levels) so that the only people there will be the pure PVPers.
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Some will. I play Fed, and Feds usually outnumber the KDF in zone unless someone from one of the better known KDF fleets has declared a Ker'rat Jihad, so farming there is somewhat safe.

Of course, I've been blown up in there countless times; it doesn't bother me.

** I should also likely preface this with I only go into Ker'rat when I'm bored, my farming missions are on cooldown, and I still want to make a little coin/EC.

Last edited by captcokecan; 09-18-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Captain
# 6
09-18-2013, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captcokecan View Post
Some will. I play Fed, and Feds usually outnumber the KDF in zone unless someone from one of the better known KDF fleets has declared a Ker'rat Jihad, so farming there is somewhat safe.
Eh I've listened to too many fleet chats of people who think spawn camping, newb ganking, and trash talking are the height of gameplay. Best to deny such people anyone to play with.
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
Eh I've listened to too many fleet chats of people who think spawn camping, newb ganking, and trash talking are the height of gameplay. Best to deny such people anyone to play with.
Well, granted, yeah. When I go in there, I turn Zone Chat off. There be dragons.

But back to the original point, OP: the advice previously given to you still stands. I've made about 250 million EC since late July. Like all else in this game, if you're patient, you will get good rewards.

Now, if a couple of months isn't a good time frame for you, well, win those fleet actions and pray for good drops. No, pray for amazing drops.
Survivor of Romulus
# 8
09-18-2013, 03:49 PM
If you have a 50 rom character you can replay the quest that gives you a mk11 field generator as a reward and sell it on the exchange for 400,000 credits a pop.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
If you have a 50 rom character you can replay the quest that gives you a mk11 field generator as a reward and sell it on the exchange for 400,000 credits a pop.
which mission is this ?i have a lv47 rom
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-18-2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tordesigns View Post
which mission is this ?i have a lv47 rom
Get your Rom to level 50 and replay "Revelations".